Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I heard eating food at night IS NOT FATTENING??
Is this person right, or just high?? ...

I am 13 years old i am 5' 7 in. i weigh 95 lbs. is that okay?
People say that i am and look anerexic.
I am a major athlete, i play 5 sports all year round
I do eat, lately i havent been eating as much but, i usually eat A LOT.
I am tall for my ...

CHOCOLATE ADDiCT!! HELP!!?
i am addicted to chocolate and its so bad.. when i go without for like a week i start craaaavin it disgustingly and i get really hungry and nothing can satisfy the craving except chocolate... and i ...

How to lose 20 pounds quick!!???
okay...school is starting in a week for me and I want to lose weight quick because... I am not fat I just have a little belly that I need to get rid of quick!!! please help me!!!...

What is a good way to lose weight at home maybe besides excersing???
Please tell me something i can do to lose weight at home besides excersing please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Do i sound over weight?
be honest!!!!

im 15 almost 16 and im
guys would you that
"5'4" and i weigh 134...

Am i overweight?

Best answer is 10points...please help?
i have a huge butt and i just want it to shrink
is there anything i can do to lose wieght off of it and pleasee dont answer if your gonna say "there isnt anything u can do to lose wieght ...

Is there a fun way of burning calories?

What is the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 2 months?
i would like to lose weight before school starts agian. and i would like for people to see a change in me. i have lost 35 before i weighed 175 and now im 140 and i would like to finish what i have ...

Is swimming laps a good way to loose weight?
30 mins. a day, or just about every day.
and not just swimming around. swimming laps, freestyle, breaststroke....

Can you really bounce if you are fat enough?

Need to lose inches but no motivation.?
I need to lose around 3 inches around my waist but I can't stick to a healthy diet without going broke and I don't have a lot of motivation to get up and exercise. Anyone have any tips on ...

How many pounds in 1 stone?

How much water should you drink to keep you healthy?

On average.. how many times a day should a person go number 2?? I usually go every other day..?
Im not constipated or anything.. ive pretty much always been like this...is this normal ?.....

How can a 15 year old male gain weight??
i am 15 years old 5'6 and about 105 pounds. i am small for my age and am looking for ways to gain weight like what i should eat. please if anyone can answer my question that would be ...

AM I fat?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!?
okay so im 4 10. 85 lbs. and 6th grade. am i fat?!...

If i BARELY eat from now until.........?
monday how much weight will i lose?

( i dont waant to hear: you should really eat healthy)

and barely meaning like today i ate like 15 pieces of pasta with some tomato sauce<...

I need too lose 100 pounds by september of next year. I need advice on how to do it in a healthy way. How?

Zarina K
What to eat if you are feeling shakey/faint?
Hi, I have a feeling that I'm not eating enough to satisfy my body since I have increase my activity level.
Is there a good food that will help me not feel shakey/faint during the day that won't sabotage my diet?

Perhaps fresh fruit or shoud I try some carbs?
Thanks!

Meli
Rating
keep some juice boxes (single serving size) on hand for those times you feel faint, Orange juice works best.

tinka1us
Your sugar lovel may be unstable some fresh fruit would be good or maybe just a small sweet snack but it needs to be something that will get the sugar into your blood stream fast.

Tiffany G
fruit is good or try some saltine crackers. Both of these things slowly break down into sugar by way of your pancreas and this will keep you from feeling weak and dizzy.

morganna_f
Rating
This sounds like a blood sugar level drop.Check with your nutritionist, but new tendencies say you should be eating 5 light meals a day. You can try "slow" sugar foods such as bread, cereal, grains (without sugar). Don´t take "fast" sugar (candies, soda, etc.) cause it can create a reaction lowering the blood sugar level and making you crave for more sugar.

melouofs
Rating
If you are to the point where you feel faint, that is yoru body telling you there is not enough fuel for normal functioning. You should eat some protein for long lasting satisfaction--nuts, lean meats, fish...

rodrigues7527
try some protein, the energy will last longer becuase it takes longer to digest and it will make you feel full longer. If you eat the wrong carbs then you will get a sugar rush and left feeling hungry again soon.

happyday to you
you could be low sugar...i eat a bit of sugar for this.

ccrider77
I get this feeling quite a bit due to a blood sugar imbalance and low blood pressure. For me, I try to avoid sugar - especially processed sugar. That will only exaccerbate the problem. I try to eat some form of protein, such as cheese sticks, an egg or two, refried beans, or even a small hamburger along with some water (no soda, juice or coffee). It usually snaps me out of it quickly.

However I strongly recommend that you consult a doctor and determine what is going on. You may have a low blood sugar condition (hypoglycemia), a thyroid disorder or even onset diabetes. He may recommend a solution that is counterintuitive or even medication to fix the problem.

Any advice you get here, may work for us, but your condition may be different and unique and there's no way people here (myself included) can correctly diagnose your problem. Your health and safety along with those around you depend on you getting this resolved professionally.

Ashley
definately carbs, because it sounds like you're just not eating enough to keep up your blood sugar... and your body is also probably not used to the increased activity levels. a multi vitamin is a good idea to take every day and eat every four or five hours.

Tonya B
Peanut butter crackers

Grace
Rating
maybe eating something with more protien might be helpful. Try some healthy granolla bars. If you need something to just keep you from fainting that is great without ruining your normal meals.

Jones S
Rating
Oranges or orange juice is good. It will bring your sugar up and make you feel less shaky.

sexyshazza_98
Rating
If you are feeling shaky or faint that you are obviously not getting much of anything to eat.
Ditch your diet, eat a pie and go see a doctor who will put you on a *sensible* eating plan.

sunflare63
Rating
strawberries is good for them symtoms

thomas m
Are you diabetic? Fruit juice, some crackers..that is if you do not have a sugar problem.

whutas
Rating
Feeling shakey of faint may be a sugar issue. You could try to eat oranges, the sugar and juice get into your system fast, and the body will react beter and faster then if you ate a candy bar.

Edward W
you just need to eat more food It don't matter what.

REALLY
just incorporate a healthy snack in between meals and at bedtime to avoid low blood sugars. healthy snacks: fruits, veggies, etc. good luck.

dragondave187
Rating
I recommend trying bananas. Fast energy, good carbs, very low on calories, and they taste pretty good too!

youronmyfoot
Rating
Definitely fruit as you need sugar in the body for energy that's why you are shaking. Seek medical advice if it carries on.

Angel Eve
Protein is probably your best bet. If you are worried about calories- try soup at hand in chicken noodle. 80 calories and delish!

swimmyfishy
Rating
mix a small amount of protein and carbs. like a banana and string cheese.

jcontrols
Rating
When diabetics tend toward low blood sugar levels and get shaky and light headed they are usually given orange juice. It helps bring sugar levels up without going overboard. ;-)=

Beatlegirl
Rating
My standby is a piece of whole grain wheat toast with peanut butter.

pixiebit@verizon.net
Iv'e alway tried a peanutbutter & jelly sandwich, or peanutbutter & banana works better. It's quick to fix, definintely gets rid of the jitters.

Scott F
Rating
The shaky/faint feeling is your blood sugar dropping too low. My diabetic friends and relatives say that the best thing to do when you feel this shakiness is to have a glass of orange juice -- 6 or 8 ounces will be fine. Orange juice, they tell me, gets sugar into your blood quickly, while lowering the risk of getting TOO much sugar as you would from soda or candy. Eating an orange will have a similar effect.

You might also want to change your overall diet to include more protein as well as complex carbohydrates (whole grains, fruits, etc.) In particular, have something early in the day -- try a bowl of yogurt with granola on it, as it'll give you protein and carbohydrates all at the same time and it's delicious.

Pieces of Me ...
I find that if I feel like that (especially if taking diet pills) drinking milk usually helps. I don't know if it's because it's heavy or what but it works for me.

casady96
well if you are feeling really bad, a spoonful of peanut butter works, and they make reduced fat peanut butter. It won't hurt you, but will help you feel MUCH better. Just remember to restrict yourself to only when you are feeling bad. Also, FYI, when dieting if your body is not receiving all the nutrients it needs you may become irritible.

J.
Rating
How much sugar do you take in? If you're trying to cut your sugars down to almost nothing (that includes carbs), that could be it.

You say you're active; are you drinking enough water? Getting too dehydrated will definately cause faintness.

You can try snacking on anything to help, but don't have a meal. You shouldn't eat when you're not hungry. It won't help anything.

If you have a family history of anything with such symptoms (such as diabetes), you should talk to your doctor.

carole
Personally, I would recommend protein - nuts, hard boiled egg, tuna fish. I get shaky and faint if I don't eat at regular intervals and then I need something handy that i don't have to cook - I choose trail mix with M&Ms in it.

Peace!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy