Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is alcohol(beer,liquor etc.) in any quantity,less or more good for health?
as brandy is taken in winters to keep warm,is it good to take alcohol as beer twice or thrice a week?i have heard that taking liquor in such limited quantities is beneficial for health....

If 8 glasses a day is the RDA for water what size glasses are they talking about?
How much in litres should I be drinking a day?...

Is it easy to lose 5lbs in 2 weeks?
I'm dieting, but I'm trying to take it slow and step by step. My goal is to lose 5lbs every two weeks, but I want to just concentrate on those 5lbs every time and not concentrate on the ...

Am i fat at all?
i am going in 6th grade and i am 115 pounds. i run great my diet is great what's making me so fat? IS this a bad thing that when i am bored i eat? plz i need tips and ideas to loose weight ...

I am looking for a good diet pill!?!? Help?
I exercise ocasionally but i dont eat that good, i dont eat often but when i do it probably isnt the best food for me to be eating. I have love handles starting to make there way and a bit of a belly ...

My husband calls me fat all the time. i don't know what to do. Any ideas?
I've tried to lose weight but nothing works. i've had 4 kids and i way 230. Ive never weighted that....

I am ALWAYS HUNGRY!!?
I have no idea what to do... I feel like i am always hungry... I am just a teenage girl, not really active and no mater what, I always feel extremely empty or feel like i am going to explode because I...

Does wieght have anything to do with height?
ok so im a 14 year old girl thats 5'9" and when i get on the scale it sometimes reads : 140 lb, then 143lb, then 140lb, then 145 lb ....so u get my point ..up down. i once got up to 150 lb, ...

Any advise on growing taller?
I would like to grow taller. im 5'1 and 14. Every one in my grade is taller than me. I eat alot of protein, vegies, and drink about 2 quarts of milk a day. i exersize and stretch too.
Is ...

I need fast weight loss tips :)?
hey i'm a 16 year old girl
i'm 175 cm tall and i weigh about 57 kilos
how could i get down to 50 kilos in 2 months
i have already decided to stop snacking, cut out biscuits ...

Good leg exercises?

I can't breathe when I jog??! Please help.?
I've always had trouble getting enough air (I'm 13 now.) even when I was on a regular routine of walking my dog an hour every day (fast walking.)
It's so embarrassing-every little ...

Whats the result of starving myself?
my friend lost weight cuz she starved herself

if that work for her shud i do it too?

i know its stupid but....
ugh idkkk
im deperate and i need to lose weight.......

EASY 10 points BEST ANSWER !?
Now im 5"10, 80 kilos
I usto be 70 4 months ago before i started to go to the Gym !
3/4 days a week i do:
Cardio 20 min
Workout 1 hour ->
Arms(60 pounds)
Back(80&...

Everbody agree that drinking water is good for health - which one is best - hot ? cold ? normal ?
Happy new Year Wishes for all, just out of curiosity, I had in my mind to find out an answer for this question - Is drinking Hot water ? Cold Water ? Normal Water - good for ...

Girls which do you prefer?
slim toned bod or muscles im slim but started in ...

I want somethign sweet but don't want to ruin my diet?
Has anyone got any good recipes for a really nice dessert, but one which won't add on too many calories? And how do other people deal with their sweet tooth when they're trying to lose ...

I'm 15 years old and I need to lose 50 pounds. Any tips?
I am 5'7 and weigh 205 lbs.
I'm out of control with yo-yo dieting, and I need help.
Any tips are more than appreciated....

I'm Constipated.?
DAMN YOU KFC !! Every bloody time =/

oh welll..... any advice?
should i have fruit?
water?
bicarbonated soda?

What is the healthiest meal option at KFC?
excluding ...

Brown Eyed Handsome Man - AM
Should I exercise in the morning, evening or afternoon?
When is the best time for a physical workout, and what kind of time gap should I leave between eating and exercising. I read somewhere I should eat and then exercise about 1-2hours later. Is this right?
I ask because if it turns out that the best time to exercise is in the morning, then that makes it very difficult to schedule the day so that I can get up, eat breakfast, wait an hour or so, do my workout and then go to work. Is it best to do my exercise in the afternoon?

kritkratt87
either in the morning or afternoon, never in the evening... its not bad for you, but you wont get as good results. cause your body works up so much energy and then you go to bed, so its kind of a waste. morning is the best time

verisimilitude
I prefer working out in the morning. You get it out of the way so you can do other things. I find that if I say I'll work out later, I ended up having other things to do and the later becomes never. That said, it's important to keep a routine so you're more likely to commit to exercising. If you're an afternoon person, do it consistently. If you prefer the evening, then keep at that. Otherwise, if you switch around, you may not remain consistent in your work out.

I usually don't eat breakfast before I work out because I'd have to wait for my stomach to settle. But I do drink a glass of warm soymilk flavored with coffee to energize me. I'd wait for half an hour before I work out. If you must eat something, I suggest having a very light breakfast, such as eating a banana (the sugar will rev you up) or a piece of toast so your stomach has something to work with.

Digital Age
Rating
Early morning...preferably shortly after getting out of bed.
You will set your metabolism high for the day like that.
Also, you will have no embarrassing stomach issues in the morning as you would at night....bloating, gas, etc.

unangoni
The best time to exercise is really up to you. Your schedule may be what dictates that time.

If you can manage the morning, then do that. Some people believe that you burn more fat if you exercise in the morning before breakfast. The thinking here is that you draw energy from the already existing fat stores instead of the breakfast you would have eaten.

As far as I know, when it comes to exercise, the best thing is actually doing those 30 minutes three times a week and not really the time of the day. Time preferences are really up to the individual.

So whatever works out best for you, you follow that. And the eating, workout in between meals or before your meals, then you won't worry about having to wait 2 hours before you can do your workout.

Dashiznit2g
I've read the same things about eating then going to the gym, but when it all comes down to it, you have to do what fits into your schedule. On the days I work I workout at lunch or in the evening, and on my days off I do it in the morning for the same reasons Soccer-chic said, it gets my day off on the good foot. But I try to at least get some abs, pull-ups, push-ups something in the morning before work to get those endorphins going.

newfishfan
Just based on my experiences, it does seem that the morning is the best time to workout. Gets your body up and going and burning calories. It also rejuvenates you for the rest of the day. I hae waking up for morning workouts, but I love the way I feel when I'm done.

I'd say START eating within 30 minutes after you're done lifting. I think I read somewhere that allows your muscles optimum access to everything it needs to build and repair itself.

Good luck with this!

Heidi
what evers your body feels like doing. im a mid morn person. some say that if you train in the morn before breakfast, your likly to burn yourself out as no calories are present. depending on what youve eaten, give yourself at least 1 to 2 hours before training. try eating a banana 15 mins before training for an energy boost and again 5 mins after training to replenish lost energy.

Irish Girl
morning.

Noodle
I think as long as you exercise at all it is good. But I have heard a lot of times that morning is the best. Good luck!

Juan
Afternoon

Diva L
believe me, when it comes to exersice, anytime it's great! you can do it after work. Eat and afterwards do your rutine! but work on it!! You can do exercise one hour and a half later or two hours after eating if you desire!

xxcutiepiexx68
wanted to find the answer out so i did a 3 min research just now and i have got two resources saying different things:

the best time to exercise is the time that's right for you. Morning workouts really get some people going, release endorphins, and enhance mood. If you enjoy starting your day with a workout, or find that it's the only time you can fit it into your schedule, stick with it. Others find afternoon or evening workouts productive and stress-relieving. When we wake up, our body temperature and blood sugar levels are low, so our muscles aren't as "loose" as later in the day.

We now think that if you fast in the morning, the body is voraciously burning up fat, so that when you exercise after that it continues to use fat. So exercise in the morning is the optimal time to lose fat," says Associate Professor Boutcher.

not sure which is right but i know that exercise before bed is not good because it raises our core temperature and increases our hormone activity, making our bodies hot and restless. hope this helped

Elena L
Twice a day, mornings and (cool) evenings.

I like towels
Exercise ALL THE TIME!!
exercise is good for you!!its the best thing!! try exercise whenever you can!!
and if you want to loose weight then drink a glass of water every hour, on the hour it helps so much!!
Good luck!!!

silverbullet
Rating
You are concerned about things that most likely don't apply to your situation. The physical benefits of exercise far overwhelm the miniscule differences caused by time of day. Just do it.

Eating right before CAN be a factor if you are an elite athlete doing intense workouts.

Before races (10k, triathlon, marathon, mountain bike), I have a light meal 90 minutes before. When I'm just doing a morning run or swim before work, I don't worry about eating. I'll just chug down a quart of water or gatorade right before to make sure I'm hydrated. Most people have enough glycogen stored in muscles and liver to carry them through an hour or so of pretty intense exercise even before eating in the morning.

Even then, depending on the intensity of your session, you may be able to eat right before, or even during, without any problem. As an endurance athlete, its often necessary for me to refuel DURING long workouts and races.

I usually workout a couple of times a day (at least), and find I perform best late afternoon or evening, but that's really irrelevant if its not a race.

china s
exercising in the morning, such as going for a run, is a great way to start the day. it gets your blood flowing and it is extremely refreshing. i would definately recomend exercising in ther morning if it is an outdoor exercise. if you are working out in the gym, it is also good to go ion the morning because you can make it a routine to go to the gym in the morning, come home and shower, and then get on with the day. you will feel accomplished and refreshed!!

Bad Fish
Well, for me, I find its easiest in the morning. If I do it when I fall out of bed in the morning, I can get to working out before my mind has woken up, and whoopsie daisy its been a half hour and it went by without me realizing it because I just wasnt awake enough yet :) Also, its best to exercise with little to no food on your stomach, for weight loss purposes, so morning is usually the best. Great way to wake up!

claire g
Rating
I have heard that its better in the morning, but just go with whatever time you can fit into your day, that way you will stick at it because you have the time.
I do it in the morning ,evening or afternoon, depending on whats going on in the day for me.
either way, you will stil lose weight.
also, in regards to the time after eating, i would say that you can have a light snack about an hour before exercising, but defo not a heavy meal, as it will make you feel sick.
Good luck, hope this helps!

Kelly S
Rating
Defo morning

chockolatedream
You shouldnt stress over the time issue, just do whats best for you and your schedule. It really doesnt matter the time, just make sure you get at 20-30 minutes of exercise in everyday.

soccer_chick
Morning, it kicks your metabolism in gear for the day

wifey
Rating
it doesnt matter as long as you are exersising. Whenever you can fit it in. I hear morning is the best but I always do nights cause I am NOT a morning person. I still lost a TON of weight though.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy