Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 15 and 5'8" tall. Is that really tall for my age?!?

Need Help Losing Weight and Keeping it Off?!?!?
I know I know. I'm asking this question again because last time I asked I didn't get that many answers and the answers didn't really help me.
Ok so I'm trying to lose 4 ...

Do you think I am fat???
i am a 13 year old girl and i already weigh 165 pounds, i am about 5'6", am i over weight, here are some pictures of me
http://i225.photobucket....

Do you think you are fat?

How can Cheese Pizza be that bad for you?
Now I know pizza is considered a high fat food. And I understand with pepperoni and other meats on it, it becomes greasier. However what about just plain cheese pizza? Cheese may have fat but it is ...

What is a good healthy snack to eat in the middle of the day?
i'm trying to start eating more healtier before school starts and get in shape. And i get hungry between the normal 1 o'clock time i eat lunch and dinner. Latley i've been eating ...

What's your height, weight and age?
Just ...

OMG! I just ate a huge bag of potato chips! What should I do?

Fat or thin?
i am taking a survey and i want to know if you would either want to be fat or thin....

HELP I ate pinto beans and now have horrible gas, how can I get rid of this? Please don't laugh!!?

IS it safe to eat nail polish?
please only answer if you know for sure. i don't need ignorant people scaring me for no reason....

Be honest... Do you think I'm big for my age?
I don't think I'm fat but I'm concerned that maybe I should be a little bit less. Please don't tell me to get over myself or anything like that. My mother weighed 115 pounds when ...

I am to skiny at least that is what my family says?
what should i eat to gain weight

im 10 years old 5 feet tall and 45 ...

Lose weight please help me.
Ok ive asked questions about losing weight a lot and all i get is your perfect the way you are and hippie junk so I am asking nicely please help me lose weight I want you to know ive spent the past 3 ...

I am too fat?
im 27 year old and i weigh 70 pounds and my family keeps telling me too loose more weight cause im too fat. and there really getting annoying! so i am too fat?

thanks, Angie
A...

Is 5'8 a bad hight for a girl?
only 14...

When you open a bag of chips, how much do you eat?
I felt really bummed today so I ate half a bag of chips (the bag was 235 g). Now I feel terrible and I am disgusted with myself.
SO, my question is... When you eat a bag of chips, how much do ...

Do you think I'm fat?
I'm 13 years old, 132 pounds, and 5'3.5.
Additional Details
I excercise A LOT but I look really fat still. I used to be 115 ...

Am I fat??????
People always say that I am skinny but I don't think I am. I have always had bodily insecurities for as long as I can remeber. I weigh roughly 80lbs and am around 4ft 10 and a half. AM I FAT?<...

Fat people are disgusting and selfish...?
Fat people...It not only about their appearence. It's the fact that they don't care about the people around them that have to put up with them. Sitting next to a fat person is nothing ...

BIchick
Im 13 and I weigh 122 lbs. and im 5foot. Am i over weight?

Stubby hashbrown
Rating
no

Nevilles
im 5'8 180, but im also a lineman

: )
Rating
I think the recommended weight range for a girl your age and height is about 95lb-115lb.

But I never understand why people need to say, well I'm taller and weigh less so you must be overweight. Your height is just one factor that goes into determining your weight, but there are others factors such as frame size, bone density, muscle mass, etc. Like others have said, it really depends on your level of body fat as to whether you are healthy or not. You can be 100lb and flabby with no muscle tone or you can be 120lb and be firm and toned.

Kisha
Rating
I'm 22, and I wish I weighed that much.

Adrienne
Rating
a little...

But if you put in some time to take a walk and such a couple times a week then you'll be fine.

compnrd123
Rating
no your not that is helathy i checked on my body mass index(bmi) chart

Big Papi
Rating
NO don't stress on it you are what you are thats how God made you be happy with who you are

kk
A little on the heavy side, but it all depends on your body type. Try using a BMI calculator

dumpsterdd90
At 13, You are too young to be worrying about your weight. I would not worry about it until you are about 16, as kids grow and change up to that point. Of course it's never a bad idea to eat healthy and take care of yourself, but don't freak out about dieting.

evah326
Rating
Not at all actually. When i was your age i also weighted about the same.

THINKABOUTIT
No, you're not over weight. Where did you get that idea from anyway ? 122lbs is more than okay for a 13 year old whose 5 foot tall. You're fine, don't worry about it !

Chad L
Rating
no you're not! you are just fine.

Sky Flying Gorgon Witch
Don't go on any diet.
Just run, lift weights, go the Stairmaster, eat whole wheat carbs instead of white, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, meat, and dairy. You'll burn any excess fat and replace it with lean, firm, solid, healthy muscle.

mkajbr
I think as a 5 foot 13 year old you should weigh a little bit less because i am 6 foot and 13year old and I weigh 145 some is muscle but some is fat. You have to keep in mind the muscle weight more than fat!!

wannaplaytoo2001
Rating
why does no one take into consideration bone size? when I was 13 with medium bones I weighed about 113, I had full breasts and ran with a running team...so I had muscle....only you know if you are unhappy with your weight....you will still grow about an inch if healthy I wouldn't worry

ciao bella xx
No, you're not overweight. Stay active and eat healthy and you should be fine. If you think you're overweight, ask your doctor and they can help you get to where you want to be in a safe way.

*allie* <33
Your BMI is 24.4

A "normal weight" BMI is in the range of 18.9-24.9
An "overweight" BMI is in the range of 25-29.9
And an "obese" BMI is in the range of 30- greater

You aren't in the overweight category but you are getting there. Try to maintain your weight or try to lose 5 pounds. But don't go crazy, for your age you are healthy.

Angela B
nope... but if you want to see for your self go to this website. its a B.M.I. calculator and it tells you if you are underweight, average, overweight, or obese.

http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dnpabmi/Calculator.aspx

♥ Nick j luvaa♥
Rating
No, u are naturally tall so u have more body to you, u are not overweight, anyways looks do not matter!

♥flip flop luv
no!! you are just right. if you are concerned though, you could always search yahoo! for a BMI chart. they tell you the right weight for your age and height.

megan![=
no. your bmi is 23.8 and between 18.5 and 24.9 is considered a healthy weight.

Argue with a tree
Go google "BMI" -body mass index
Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women
It won't be as accurate since your're 13...but it'll probably be the most accurate thing you'll find online. Here's a good website: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
I'm 5'4''..a girl, 16, and weigh 110 pounds. according to this im vary low average, which makes about sence.
You're average according to this as well.. since ur BMI is 23.8. Overweight is 25 or higher so you're good =)

Iliana U
Rating
cokes your not over want because you now why. Because i'm over weight i weigh 202.
when you know your over weight is when you way over 330 pounnds

Funny???
No, that is healthy weight.

JonnaRiley
Nope.

debrabruce2003
Rating
Your BMI is 24.4, the ideal range is between 19 and 25. This means that you are perfectly normal and have nothing to worry about

laura g
Not at all!!!!!

horizon
Rating
nope!

you're BMI is 23.8 (healthy weight)

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Annie Biznatch
Rating
Not really, your healthy.

It also depends on your body fat. Someone that's skinny can have a lot of body fat and they would be unhealthy.

Hello people this girls only 13 years old it's not like shes 18.

zaizai92
no u r not! im 15 weight 125 n 5' 3" lol..
how bout me?

Elliot B.
No. You're not. You can look at all these websites and they'll all tell you different things. One website told me I should be 149 pounds and I was 5'5" at the time. Another told me I should be 118. You lose and gain weight naturally over time. At this height I've been was little as 114 and as high as 132. That's a huge range. And you're probably still growing so you'll stretch out. I did. If you think you're overweight, try eating healthier and I didn't say stop eating. Just better. But also keep in mind that muscles weigh more than fat. So if you're an athlete, you'll weigh more than a chess player. That's just the way it is. If you look in shape and you feel great, don't change anything. Even at 114, I wasn't happy with my figure, so weight has nothing to do with it. I hope this helps.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy