Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How long does it take your body to adjust to drinking more water?
I understand the importance of drinking plenty of water so I have recently started drinking 2-3 times more water than I usually do. Needless to say, this change has caused me to constantly have to ...

I'm 13 and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm 5'4'' and 1/2. Do I weigh too much?
I'm 13 years old 5'4'' and 1/2 and weigh 126 pounds. I play soccer and basketball at least 5 times a week. Do u guys think I weigh too much? If so could I have some good dieting ...

Should i sell my daughters Hockey Sticks on ebay because she is fat?
I feel as though her recent weight gain has made her undeserving of her hockey sticks of whicxh i bough her after she succeeded at the Jenny Craig bread and water diet.
ALSO she wets the bed ...

Does smoking help you lose weight?
just wondering.....

Anorexia? How do they do it?
OMG, how do they do it? How do anorexic people starve themselves, I tried to see how it is and i have no iea how they could do it?

How do they starve themselves? 3:S...

Would i look weird if i went jogging at 12 am???
????...

Am i chubby? pics.?
im 5"8" and around 135 pounds, i hate it when i look bloated, am i bloated? my hips are big, how do i make them smaller?

http://i267.photobucket....

How much weight will i lose if i don't eat anything for 30 days?

Im feeling weird....please help!!!please!!?
It was my holidays so my mum was frequently making fried stuff like french fries and other fried stuff...on wednesday she made fries and i ate them and then she made them on friday and then she made ...

I want to learn to be bulimic...?
i really want to be skiny. and i need some help. i want to be bulimic. but the only problem is...i have tried and its hard to get use to sticking your finger or toothbrush down your throat. i really ...

Do I look anorexic? How much do you think I weigh?
http://img217.imageshack

yes, I am tucking in my stomach, but not very much. I'm only around 5'1, keep in mind. How much does it look like I ...

Is it possible to drink so much water that you die?

Additional Details
To those you say it's called drowning: I said DRINK water, not inhale it! LOL....

What do you do when you feel fat and ugly?
Do you have any coping mechanisms for when you feel fat and ugly? What do you do to deal? Work out? Eat less? Meditate? How do you handle it? I feel like a blimp and no amount of eating right or ...

Poll: Do you like your body?
what do/don't you like about it?

asking this because a lot of people posting questions here seem to not.......

Am i considered overweight?
im 14 and 5'8 and i weigh about 149-150?...

How Much Do You Think I Weigh??
http://i285.photobucket.
Im 5'9
Thnks
=]
Additional Details
I Weigh 112 ...

Am i overweight? fat???
im 5 foot 8 and 121 pounds. im 13 years old. and i feel like im kinda fat but everybody tells me im not. HELP....

OMG! I totally need your help!!!!?
Okay, i wanna go on a diet.
i have a plan, i dont really care if i have to starve myself, i can control my appetite...but i mean, i wanna lose weight though. Okay please tell me if it will work, ...

I felt depressed so i just ate 6 bags of crisps. now i feel even worse because mega CALORIES. what shall i do?

What are some foods that can make u gain weight?

bitter sweet
If you dont eat for a week can you drop a dress size?

xrv43xjs
Rating
If you don't eat for a week you will probably just drop.

Mental Patient 29
I can tell you're an overweight girl who's OBSESSED with losing weight. Don't even talk about "not eating for a week" and if you're trying to be cool also it makes you look stupid...because you will probably die or go to the ER and faint if you do that. Instead of being to lazy to even eat, try being like everyone else and going to the gym!!

xXx Orange Breezer xXx
Rating
Probably but you will have no energy to go out and buy the dress.....

You can just eat sensibly all week and drop the same weight, fruit musli yoghurt etc

Anne B
Rating
This sounds ridiculous. Who in their right mind wouldn't eat for a week? Eat smaller portions 5 or 6 times a day - eat healthy - don't snack at night. Never mind, don't do this, you'll be dead in a week.

sammie
Rating
Ohhhh yes but starving yourself aint the answer drink lots of water when i want to lose weight for that all important date i eat noodles for a solid week with some fresh veg in them .Just remember that this can have massive implications in later life if you dont eat correctly

» mickdotcom «
Yes but you would quickly gain the weight back

Darby
Rating
If you don't eat for a week, I think you can expect that you will most likely faint, have terrific headaches, and who knows what else. So eat something--like non-fat yogurt with artificial sweetener, apples, carrots, a lot of steamed vegetables, vegetable soup, drink a lot of water, and move more. Don't eat beef, but you can probably have some grilled chicken. Good luck, but don't go too crazy.

luvleeshaz
yes proberly but once you eat again you will put it back on

lizarddd
Yes and you'd be pretty ill with it, I should know as this happened to me back at Easter. I couldnt eat for a week due to chronic tonsilitis - throat was too painful - I lost over a stone and almost two dress sizes within a week, I also collapsed twice and ended up in casualty as I was so weak. Dont even think about not eating, that is NOT the way to lose weight, slow and steady is the answer and you will be more likely to keep the weight off

â•š Alien Gurl â”?
Rating
Your body might go into starvation mode if you do that and you won't lose more then a few pounds or nothing at all. Not to mention, you'll feel crabby and tired. Just do it the healthy way eat sensibility and exercise its not that hard.

pshdsa
Rating
Sounds like you are going to some high shindig and need to fit back into a dress you haven't worn for ages. You have one week to do it. Time for another outfit, dear.

Evie
Not a sensible thing to do. You need to eat to sustain yourself - eat healthy foods and you will loose weight sensibly.

Cybele
Rating
Sure, in your hospital bed.

Mr Cynical
very likely but not good for you. eating smaller amounts is better and trying different exercises , body wraps etc

Kels
Rating
do not do that!
first of all it is not healthy!
The best thing for you to do to lose a few pounds quickly is eat small healthy meals and snacks and drink a TON of water.
YOu should lose a few pounds in water weight.

Dan O
Rating
Probably and you'll be unhealthy etc..........

The best thing is to eat more portions (of healthy food obviously) more often - the aim being to increase your metabolism.

michelle
Rating
i don't know about a week, but if you don't eat for an certain amount of time you will actually start looking fatter. also, if you don't eat for longer than that, your body will actually start digesting your organs and you can die. be careful. if you want to lose weight, go to a gym and eat things like salad and healthy food like that.

Zebrafreak
Yes, but if you want to u would problely get really sick and die. So work out and eat heathy foods that is a better way to drop a dress size.

grayness18
i dont think so - when you dont eat your body thinks that you are starving and so it keeps your body fats from being used for energy

pink p
Rating
probably but there is a greater chance of dying.

dickn2000
YES! You can also drop dead!

red devil
It could make you drop dead?

the_slimreaper
Rating
Yes.

The downside is that buy day 3 you'll be unable to sleep due to the pains in your stomach. You'll also have to stop driving as you'll be delirious by then as well.

Don't forget that the minute you eat anything you'll regain the weight, plus more. Your body will think 'I'd better store EVERYTHING she eats as fat from now on as there's obviously a big risk of food shortages round here'.

It's really not worth it.

MEL
MOST LIKELY NOT. FOR SOME REASON WHEN YOU STARVE YOUR SELF YOUR BODY HANGS ON TO WHAT ITS GOT. ITS PROTECTING ITS SELF FROM STARVING. A GOOD WAY TO LOOSE SOME WEIGHT FAST IS TO EAT FOOD THAT GIVE YOU DIARRIAH LIKE FRUIT AND THAN ADD STUFF THAT DOESNT HAVE MUCH OF ANYTHING LIKE CUCUMBERS AND CELERY. YOU MAY NOT LOOSE A DRESS SIZE BUT YOU WILL LOOSE SOME WEIGHT.

Carmen
Yes, but it is obviously unhealthy, plus you will gain all that weight back once you resume your regular eating habits, so it's a temporary fix. Instead, why don't you buy a body shaper, spanx.com has the best quality body shapers worn by celebrities and affordable for most budgets. You can visually look slimmer by one dress size just by wearing it underneath any garnment. Before you starve yourself, check out their website.

cigaro19
I think so yes. But it would be extremely hard not to eat at all for a wek. Eating celery and cucumber would have the same effect

latinatexas
Rating
Yes, you will lose weight and no you will not drop dead. What you will be doing is fasting. It is healthy to fast. Read the Bible. If you are obesed, you can fast up to 30 days. Fast in private because people will say things that bring fear and fear is not from God.

*~'~'Claire~'~'*
nope i tried it i tried it for two weeks then i fainted everytime I stood up so then i started eating again. I tried it again and the same thing happend. The only thing it does is make you dizzy and tired and moody.

writetowright@btopenworld.com
why not eat as normal & just drop your dress?

yvonne
NO!!! thats not going to help......i wanted to loose weight cuz im im gymnastics and i wanted to be thiner so i did stop eating. first it was a week the a month and now i bearly eat its not cool! just try a diet...or else u can go anorexic or bulimic!
talk to ur mom about it!
please write back! and tell me what ur going to do!

Mango M
Rating
Yes - I guess you would. However you'd also collapse. Good luck with that.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy