Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

If you dont eat for a week can you drop a dress size?

Do you think 13 is too young to be working out?
My friend works out.
Additional Details
I am a girl not a guy....

What if your 102 pounds and you lose 50 pounds is that good or bad?
Is it good or ...

Losing weight HELP?!?
my goal is to lose about 28 pounds or at least some weight. can everyone please help me? i need some easy way and no im not gonna stop eating or any stupid dangerous way. so i love to swim but im ...

Im 12 and im 130lbs How can I lose weight over summer w/o money? and lose 20lbs.?
i have lovehandles that are big and it makes it hard to fit into trendy clothes. Please I want to be like my friends and be able to wear a two-piece swimsuit. Please help me.!!...

I weigh 36 stone, I want to go swimming at the local pool, but will people laugh at me? call me a whale?
would you be disguisted?...

Is 107lbs ok for someone who is 5'8 ?
your opinion please....

Does smoking weed make you lose weight?
just wondering cuz a lot of my friends r drugies and skinny...they never workout or anything of that nature and well me im in lykee every sport imaginable and cant lose weight...just curious does ...

Am I fat/overweight?
I'm a teenager and I'm about..meh..4"11 to 5"0 tall. I weigh (my weight changes often) to 102-106 pounds.
I feel fat =( honestly.
Am I fat or overweight or anything?...

Am i fat cause I'm 14 and i weigh 85 pounds.... please help!!?

How can i weigh 90 lbs?
im 13, 5'4 and i weigh 116.. i want to weigh 90. and please i dont wanna hear thats not healthy cause i hear it too much..

so yea can u give me some ideas on how i can loose 90 lbs.<...

How long does it take your body to adjust to drinking more water?
I understand the importance of drinking plenty of water so I have recently started drinking 2-3 times more water than I usually do. Needless to say, this change has caused me to constantly have to ...

I'm 13 and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm 5'4'' and 1/2. Do I weigh too much?
I'm 13 years old 5'4'' and 1/2 and weigh 126 pounds. I play soccer and basketball at least 5 times a week. Do u guys think I weigh too much? If so could I have some good dieting ...

Should i sell my daughters Hockey Sticks on ebay because she is fat?
I feel as though her recent weight gain has made her undeserving of her hockey sticks of whicxh i bough her after she succeeded at the Jenny Craig bread and water diet.
ALSO she wets the bed ...

Does smoking help you lose weight?
just wondering.....

Anorexia? How do they do it?
OMG, how do they do it? How do anorexic people starve themselves, I tried to see how it is and i have no iea how they could do it?

How do they starve themselves? 3:S...

Would i look weird if i went jogging at 12 am???
????...

Am i chubby? pics.?
im 5"8" and around 135 pounds, i hate it when i look bloated, am i bloated? my hips are big, how do i make them smaller?

http://i267.photobucket....

How much weight will i lose if i don't eat anything for 30 days?

Im feeling weird....please help!!!please!!?
It was my holidays so my mum was frequently making fried stuff like french fries and other fried stuff...on wednesday she made fries and i ate them and then she made them on friday and then she made ...

buddha babe
I know i have an eating disorder- who should i tell??
i'm 15 years old, 5'3" and 110 pounds. i know i'm not underweight or anything, but at first it seemed to be thrilling to fast for days, and now i realize im addicted and its unhealthy and i need to stop. my heart beat has been feeling weird, i get dizzy every time i stand up, i cant sleep, and im sick of this trap.
i've never been diagnosed by a doctor. its just obvious to me. i've been weird with food for exactly a year now. i've done the ABC diet once for the full 50 days, restricted calories to under 500 a day, binged & purged, and just purged for no reason. I have all the symptoms of ED-NOS, im pretty sure.
So my question (sorry i write so much) is what should i do or who should i tell??
I can't tell my dad. He doesn't live here and i don't feel comfortable talking to him. I dont want to tell my mom. Just no. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never. No.
I dont want ot tell my doctor because then she would tell my mom and make me go to some weird treatment center or something..
Additional Details
My study hall teacher is also a counselor, she is so nice and i trust her but i don't know how to talk to her. It doesn't seem like its her responibility to help me.
Who should i tell???
My friends will not understand. They think people with eating disorders are gross or conceited

jon r
Rating
you should tell anyone you highly trust

briannalyn23
Call ateen help hotline...google the info.....get help hun u cood get so sick that u die:[ best of luck

brunette10blondy
tell your school consoler! there is nothing to be imbarest about! your not crazy!

Ifdslkdflkj
wow. uh. i think you should try telling your school guidance councilor. see like i told my mom when i had anorexia but like i got over it thank god. its just think about who you feel save with.

Praise the LORD!
how bout an aunt or grandma or mabey a friend's mom that you trust?

Alice
Rating
I would talk to your study hall teacher. Although it may not seem that she has a responsibility to help you, a really good teacher will assist you in any problems you have.
I'd also try to emphasize that you really don't want to talk to your parents about this....yet. If you tell anyone about this, it will definitely get to your parents somehow. But you can probably get the point across that you would like your parents to be the last to know.
Therapy would also be an extremely good option for you, if your parents approve of that. I know that when I had an eating disorder, therapy helped me immensely. It's really helpful and comforting to have someone to talk to. Your doctor, when she/he finds out (because they will-- I know), will probably not send you to any kind of treatment center unless you're resisting help to the point of hospitalization (sp?), which from the sound of it, I doubt you will.
I'm impressed that you're smart enough to know that you have an eating disorder. I'm definitely not a therapist :P, but it seems obvious to me that that's definitely a step in the right direction.
I hope that helps a little bit, and I wish you all the luck in beating your disorder.

DJ North
Rating
a dr.

fernando r
Rating
well comming from mi I had one 2 when I was 15 also but now im 18..and a trainer n nutrientionist .and now i eat like an animal..but i suffer from heart burn.. So if I were you like I did keep it to yourself dont telll anyone. try to get through it and be strong get checked up once more and if theres nothing rong eat well and eat alot of fruits and wach what you eat you dont want to have any bad habbits. next thing you kno youll be all good..trust mi

befuddled
Wow, you are getting tons of responses to this question, and probably don't want to hear one more, but here's my two cents: It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do to tell my parents that I was bulimic, but to this day (7 years later), I don't regret it. They took it better than I thought, they weren't really all that surprised. See, your mom, she loves you. She probably already knows that something is wrong and is just waiting for you to tell her. If I hadn't told my parents, I never would have gotten help by myself. I needed them to back me up. Friends are awesome, but they can only go so far.
I don't know your reasons for not wanting to tell your mom, so I can't tell you what to do, but it sounds like you want help, so now's the time.
I wish you the best of luck. You have a very hard road ahead of you, but you're on the right track! Good luck!

Jessica K
Rating
These People.
http://community.livejournal.com/proanorexia/

Selchie21
Rating
First of all, it doesn't sound like you are at the point of being sent away for treatment so don't worry about that. Your family and friends have probably already noticed and aren't sure what to do. My good friend has dealt with this for years and people want to help. Try talking to your mom or a close friend.
If you've noticed your having a problem then your one step ahead and can start to alter your thinking.
You should tell your Dr as well, she'll be able to give you proper advice on steps to take from here. Good luck

CNG
I went through something like this when I was your age. I was very active as a basketball player, and still didn't eat at all. It wasn't because I wasn't hungry. I wanted to lose weight and constantly worried about how "fat" I was. I was 5'9" and weighed 120 lbs. (Definitely not fat) I eventually got over this obsession and started eating, but if you feel you can't do this on your own you should definitely tell someone. I suggest your study hall teacher. She wouldn't have put herself in the position of being around teenagers like you if she didn't care about you and want to help!!

noreshii
Rating
i would tell your study hall teacher. only because you sound like she is the only one you're comfortable enough to talk to about that sort of problem. teachers are there to help you so dont sorry about her being annoyed; i'm sure she wont be!

i hope you find the right help! good luck.

brittany =]
Rating
try going up to the councelor and saying 'i need to talk to you, and i don't know how to say it, but i need to get it out' and then you guys can talk in private and you can get better =]

it's a good thing you realized this, i wish you the best of luck!

Marilyn
Rating
you need to tell your school counselor if she is someone you feel comfortable talking about this too. You need help, badly. Eating disorders can be very difficult to overcome with out assistance (I know because I used to have one). Please ask for help and get better.
Good Luck

joiie
Rating
i had belimea and it was a big problem and u dont have to go to treat me just go see a diatry nutrionsit they can help you without makeing you feel weird ive now been and it might be possible that since you know your not underweight its not the eating disorder that is the problem it is neglet issues that is what is phsycoligaly makeing you feel you need to do these things because since you are pouring your heart out online and admitting you have this problem it is not really a problem at all you can stop it at anytime since you know you have it but you chose not to for some reason... its finding that reason of where you will get the best results in your successe to eating again

jesus m
Rating
realizing that you have a problem is the first step to solve it. you need help you probably can't do it your self you need to tell someone that you feel safe with. i advice telling your mom but your guidance counselor or even a teacher or adult you feel comfortable with tell them.

♣[YKCIR]♣
Rating
your friends...........

-rick

MatthewBoi
Go To A Councellor Or A Therapist But You Should Talk To A Close Family Member Not A Close Friend Because They Often Wonder To Tell Your Parents So Often This Kind Of Thing Can Ruin Friendships. Hope That This Helps Ya!

boston_lover13
Rating
tell your mom
i went through the same thing a few summers ago and lost over 50 pounds, which brought me down to be wayyy underweight.
I told my mom and even though i thought she wouldn't understand, she did. You can get counseling before it gets too serious. I've seen it happen to some of my friends, i dont want it to happen to you. good luck

Christina K
EVERYONE you love

tweezykj52
Rating
tell a doctor. They're supposed to understand!!!!!and if you dont want the doc. to tell, tell them not to tell your mom. just get help!

john d
You have to tell your mom, if she really cares about you she would want you to be healthy.
What's a friend going to do? Tell their parents who would tell yours? Get rid of the middlemen and just ask your mom.
Mothers are usually more understanding than fathers because you know you developed inside them and such.

niners1800
Rating
I know you aren't underweight but the way you are describing your diet could cause serious damage to your body. Go to your doctor ASAP. She/He probably have patients with the same issue as you. Trust me, they are there to help you be healthy. They don't want to see you suffer. She/He will get you back to shape and might also suggest a therapist.

At school if you want to vent to anyone, go to your counselor. Tell her that you already told your doctor about your eating disorder. It always helps to talk to someone who's trustworthy just when you had a bad day, you know?

I really hope you get better soon!
=]

calypso
make a doctors appointment with a female doctor-maybe not your usual one?-she'll def help you- and its her job- and you prolly should tell someone- and adult in your life and ask them to help you- are you close with any aunts or any of your friends moms? good luck hun and please please please tell someone!

potatoeman
Rating
you could get online a find a help hotline and call them the conversations on the hot line are completly and 100% confedential or you can go to your study skills teacher

Ameer
Rating
your mom of a friend

♥Mandy J♥
Well who can you tell? I'm sure you'd eventually have to tell your mom. Tell a school counsler.

nicole g
talk to your mom...she will help...this is serious...possibly a matter of life and death...you need to get help

lobster!!
Rating
honestly tell some one not that close to you like a teacher (probly a pe teacher) i wouldnt tell my parents first they will probly freak out the teacher can tell ur parents dont freak out it will make it wore i had to read a book about this in year 9 its called (all of me) its very intresting u should give it a read its about a girl with anorexia well all the best
Ox loz

٭�α©© н��@ℓ٭зNe♥
Rating
Ok. Recently, i had been admitted as an inpatient to a hospital because my heart rate was too low and my blood pressure dropped alot. I have lost around 50 lbs in a couple of months by exercise and restricting. They put me in this weight gaining program, where i meet people like you everyday. they make us eat all of the food, and we have goals set for us to gain 1kg every week. i am around your age too, a little younger. But what i want to tell you is that you basically have two choices-to live or to die. Eventually, someone is going to notice, and they'll get help for you, or maybe you might not be so lucky. I suggest that you stop hiding from it. It will haunt you. I still don't kno exactly what i have, but i know it's NOS, more like a mixed disorder. but i find it very helpful when you do get help. You should really see how we work together to sove our problems and encourage eachother. Eveyone's parents are involved in the process, whether they hate it or not. Maybe you should try develping a better relationship with your mom first. But you cannot wait unitl things get worse, or it is too late. but you have to want to change, you have to be ready to. Change comes from within. Don't just join a program and eat the food because you want to get out. The longer you take is the worse it gets. You'll probably end up as an inpatient at the hospital a while like myself, and then you'll wonder, "how could i have done this to myself???" But i believe that the experience is worth it. If it means just one person less dying of this disease. but if you are not afraid of death or intimidated by any of this stuff, you might as well just continue what you're doing, and forget it. But i have faith in you...you can do it. Make your choice.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy