Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why do people like to eat so much? it makes them fat!?

Is there way way I can lose weight fast?
I need to lose around 5-7 pounds. I'm 5'5'' and 118 pounds. People say I'm skinny but I have a little pouch around my stomach and I hate my thighs. I don't want to be ...

What's healthier Pepsi or Coke?
Between just Pepsi and Coke, which of the two is healthiest to drink. Niether of them are, but which is better. It's hard to tell, because they both have their highs and lows, and sometimes in ...

Weight help!!!?
Hi I am 12 years old, five foot 4 and I weigh 140 lbs and maybe even more. You dont have to tell me that I am overweight because I already know I am. But I just cant stop eating. I dont feel hungry ...

How can i gain weight? :/?
i'm 13 right now. 5'2 & 85 lbs. i get called names like anorexic, a human toothpick, and this one time, a guy was like do you eat? & i'm really tired of it. and even my family ...

Question!?
How much a day should I be runninf if i wanna loose 30 pounds in 4 months?...

What would be an unhealtily low weight for my height?
ie: losing periods, losing muscle mass, general bad health?
I'm 5'7 and 110 ( so dont worry im not underweight or anything) but just wondered at what weight i would be underweight....

Am i fat? Details included...it seems..all my fat goes to one place?
I am a 14 year old girl...who plays alot of sports....including basketball (Top scorer for 3 years straight). ....i weight 118 on good days...123 on bad days. it seems..my arms are pretty thin.......

Why havent I lost weight?
For over a month i have been doing a self control thing with my diet, Im a vegetarian, i dont eat artificial sugars or have caffine. I havent lost any weight at all which is what i would have liked, ...

Toooooooo skinny or normal????
is this too skinny or normal???
hott body or not???
if you are a guy would you date a girl with a body like this or is it not curvy enough???
RATE THE BODY 1-10.
the person is 5�...

My sister is 12 yaears old and she weighs 98 pounds is she fat??

Do you actually eat what the food pyramid says?
I mean...cmon. I eat healthy, I eat vegetarian, but no matter how frickin hard I try I can never get each food group into a day. Obviously, I have to replace the dairy with soymilk and the meat with ...

Swimming good for muscles or what?
Does swimming make you stronger or is it only good for toning and lossing weight? (note I do not want to loose weight) Please HELP!
Additional Details
But if I increase my caloric intake ...

I need to know just a simple answer about loosing weight?
ok, my birthday is in march, and I want to loose 45 pounds by then, my question is, if I start my diet in 1 week (which will be just eating all the way healthy, and no junk or sugar at all) and if I ...

How do you get a quick flat belly?
i run at least 3 miles a day and i eat healthy so wtf am i missing?...

I think I have an eating disorder???
I binge/purge at least once a week, usually more, and the rest of the week I skip meals, or eat very little. No body knows this information, but everybody assumes Im okay because im smarter than that,...

Is the Aitkins Diet safe?
Does any have serious objections to this diet? Are there any short term or long term side-affects Ishould worry about?...

Am I fat???? Professional help would be great, but other help works too!?
Im 5'2" female, and weigh 91 lbs. Thats not fat...is it?

im 13...

How tall are you? How much to you weight?
I'm 5'3" and weight 175lbs (i'm pregnant) not that it's an excuse....

Is it true that diet coke makes you gain weight?

Alexa
I can't breathe when I jog??! Please help.?
I've always had trouble getting enough air (I'm 13 now.) even when I was on a regular routine of walking my dog an hour every day (fast walking.)
It's so embarrassing-every little thing makes me breathe hard while my friends don't seem to have any problem, even just running up the school stairs or jogging to catch up with a friend.
We practiced the mile on the track a few times before, and had the test today. The first time I got 13 minutes for 3 laps (skipped the 4th) 2nd time I got 11 some minutes for 3 laps (skipped the 4th again) and for the actual test today I got 12:38. My friend got 8 minutes and the high end of the healthy fitness range thingy is 11 minutes.
I dunno, either I'm really out of shape or is it something else? I don't know what to do, I just always seem to be like that.
The only thing I might be able to think of is I had heart surgery to close a hole in my heart when I was little, but that's long over with and there shouldn't be any problems. Also, my doctor once told my I might have really mild asthma but I haven't thought anything of it for years and I don't have an inhaler.

If I am just in very bad shape, what can I do?? Practice running every day? Cause I can go for like 30 seconds and then I need a break to catch my breath.
Additional Details
I'm not fat, I barely weigh 100 pounds.

McShitts
Rating
Get in shape and lose some weight.

v♣h
dont jog anymore kiddo=]

Edward C
Rating
HOSPITAL,DOCTOR, u need help

psalms
maybe your fat

nikki
Rating
Start out for a short time, then everyday increase your time.

Breath through your nose and our your mouth, thats what ive heard for running. And breath slowely in and out.

Also i would check with your doctor.. see if its more serious.

pooja
Rating
I think your story would be to check with your doctor if you have asthma. I think you have the symptoms of asthma!! Get it checked ASAP!! Take care

bubblebuddy
Rating
slow down and work up to your pace and mabee you have asma

Brooke H
Rating
If your in bad shape, practice running and breathe through your nose. Also, its possible you have athsma if your that out of breath, You could always talk to your parents or a doctor about it and get perscribed on some kind of meddication.

kevin
Rating
go talk to your doctor

iNsTaNt pUdDiNhEaD
It is best that you see a doctor for a physical exam, and be tested for lung capacity and general fitness. Hopefully, you don't smoke and never will take up that habit. Your doctor can evaluate your pulmonary (lung) function and probably even suggest an appropriate fitness routine. Good luck. ;)

Tricia C
Rating
At your age even if you were a little overweight you should be able to run longer than 13 seconds without getting out of breath. Try being hydrated before you run if you are dehydrated you will have shortness of breath and it might feel as though your chest is tight. If you are already drinking 6-8 bottles of water a day not including coffee, soda or any other caffienated drinks then maybe your other electrolytes are off. If one over hydrates your sodium and potassium can be off as well which will cause trouble breathing, weakness in the legs and arms, depression and tiredness. Try this... keep a tiny baggy of sea salt in your pocket, a couple of minutes before you run maybe 5 min. wet your finger and dab it in the sea salt lightly once or twice then lick it off your finger but you must drink water before you do the salt and you can not do too much salt or it can work the other way and possibly cause an asthma attack. This is from the book called "you're not sick you're thirsty by Dr. Batmangheldij buy the book so you hear all of this and understand the explanation of how much you should do and why it works. You have to have the right amounts on a regular basis that is why I urge you to get the book. I do think because I'm not a doctor you need to have a visit with your doctor and make sure the hole you had closed up when you were younger is still fine. It's probably fine but you must know for sure he will probably send you to a cardiologist to check it out because he may not be able to tell just from listening to your heart. It's better off to be safe than sorry and with the running and other physical activity you may be involved with in the future you should know for sure. If you feel you need to lose some weight then watch the processed food and make more healthy choices. Also don't beat your self up because you having difficulty running. Good luck oh ps.don't practice running everyday until you know what is going on with you. God Bless!

Lacris
Try calling your doctor to see if maybe you have asthma. Take it easy until then try slowing down and then gradually increase the pace. You could also be over exerting yourself, listen to your body it will always give you clues as to whats good and whats not.

Adam N
maybe asthma
maybe you should practice more
or do other cardiovascular activities other than running
try lifting weights maybe ..
good luck!
see your doctor again!

Live. Laugh. Love
Rating
i would go to the doctor and see if u have asthma.
good luck!

Valarie M
Rating
Excercise endused Asthma ;) See a doctor he might put you on advair or get you an inhaler. Good luck

Anna E
hmm.
Try just walking everyday...
and get used to that...
and then pick up the pace a little at a time....
Maybe do a lap running, then fast walk....then run....then walk...then jog....then walk...
get the point?
lol
I had the same problem for a little while...still do sometimes. it's annoying.
and I'm NOT fat at all...idk...it's weird.
Good luck girl!! =D
I hope I helped.

Cydney
Talk to your doctor about exercise-induced asthma. I have it, and sometimes it strikes when I'm jogging or even running up stairs. All you need is an inhaler and your problems should go away.

Ashley
Rating
Um...this is going to sound really weird but I have this my ribs go out (its really painful) and they might be out and maybe your out of shape its possible!

Yankeefanboy13 (xbox gamertag)
Rating
you might have asthma

Brandi
If you cant breath when you jog see a doctor you have asthma

WJ
Get checked for asthma

loves it 99 _ xo
Rating
you either have asthma, which you need to go talk to your doctor about !

or, your just out of shape, this happens to everone if they havent been keeping their running up on a regular basis, for a long period of time.
You just need to start easy and gradually build your way back up.

But check for asthma first !!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy