Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Fat or thin?
i am taking a survey and i want to know if you would either want to be fat or thin....

HELP I ate pinto beans and now have horrible gas, how can I get rid of this? Please don't laugh!!?

IS it safe to eat nail polish?
please only answer if you know for sure. i don't need ignorant people scaring me for no reason....

Be honest... Do you think I'm big for my age?
I don't think I'm fat but I'm concerned that maybe I should be a little bit less. Please don't tell me to get over myself or anything like that. My mother weighed 115 pounds when ...

I am to skiny at least that is what my family says?
what should i eat to gain weight

im 10 years old 5 feet tall and 45 ...

Lose weight please help me.
Ok ive asked questions about losing weight a lot and all i get is your perfect the way you are and hippie junk so I am asking nicely please help me lose weight I want you to know ive spent the past 3 ...

I am too fat?
im 27 year old and i weigh 70 pounds and my family keeps telling me too loose more weight cause im too fat. and there really getting annoying! so i am too fat?

thanks, Angie
A...

Is 5'8 a bad hight for a girl?
only 14...

When you open a bag of chips, how much do you eat?
I felt really bummed today so I ate half a bag of chips (the bag was 235 g). Now I feel terrible and I am disgusted with myself.
SO, my question is... When you eat a bag of chips, how much do ...

Do you think I'm fat?
I'm 13 years old, 132 pounds, and 5'3.5.
Additional Details
I excercise A LOT but I look really fat still. I used to be 115 ...

Am I fat??????
People always say that I am skinny but I don't think I am. I have always had bodily insecurities for as long as I can remeber. I weigh roughly 80lbs and am around 4ft 10 and a half. AM I FAT?<...

Fat people are disgusting and selfish...?
Fat people...It not only about their appearence. It's the fact that they don't care about the people around them that have to put up with them. Sitting next to a fat person is nothing ...

Should fat people be allowed to wear thongs?
I saw a woman who weighed three hundred pounds if she weighed an ounce. Did I mention she was wearing a thong that was so skimpy it may as well been made out of fishing line. Are people totally ...

Does this sound like a fat girl?
5'5 150 pounds
Additional Details
she might be 5'6...

OMG I CANT BELIVE I JUST DID this!!! help?
so basicly i ate a watermelon
WITH SEEDS
HOLY CRAPPPP
now watermelons are going to be growing out the yin yang, what should i do ? do they hurt when they come out you butt?
will ...

Tips on giving up smoking cold turkey style?

What can i do to take my mind off food?
please give me some good ideas!!
Additional Details
i am not hungry, just bored and feel like snacking!...

Is it possible to lose weight without exercising?
Not trying to lose weight...just wondering if it's ...

How do i gain weight ?
I know this might be a stupid question but i have about 2 days to gain 8 pounds.

my current weight is 90 pounds
i'm 5'2 and 18 years old.
Additional Details

I'm 5'1 and 96 lbs how do i lose weight?
i used to be 110 lbs, and i still feel and look fat. what do i do about it?
and i'm a 15 year old girl.
Additional Details

mrskj007
How do I lose weight for a wedding in 54 days, I am the Matron of Honor?
I need to loose 20 pounds or more for a wedding in June, I was just asked to be the maid of honor this afternoon, help!!

sparetire76
Rating
Start eating every 3 hours. Try to eat 5-6 times a day. Small servings of chicken, tuna, vegetables, high protein diet. Your goal is to boost your metabolism. Drink lots of water and do Cardio. Running, jumping jacks, etc. You want to sweat. Eating carbs wont hurt if your exercising. In the 2nd month you will really see results.

mike8992005
what works for me is running, not so much dieting, but running, running, and more running

windy1
Rating
buy the diey book, You on a Diet.....it REALLY works!

Ashley
Rating
eat helthy and work out.

the_woot
Congratulations! That is an honor! :) Really, you should do what we all should do: A well-balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables (fiber, fiber, fiber), lean meats, lots of water (no sugary drinks), and at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise EVERY DAY! Also, try to avoid eating out and try taking your lunch because you'll have total control over what you eat. Try to avoid snacking but if you do, go for carrot sticks or a piece of fruit over those naughty cookies. It's all about self-control! Good luck!

island girl!!
drink plent of water it will make u full and then u won't be hungry or atleast not 2 much, excercise, yes it is a must when trying to lose weight, and it could be something u enjoy like maybe belly dancing, and eat healthy and don't stuff yourself with food, good luck, and wht iz the matron of honor?

D MAN
Rating
Drink water, but not too much.
try eating low fat yogurt. its still good
eat 6 times a day BUT EAT HEALTHY AND SMALL AMOUNTS
exercise about 20-30 minutes a day
take a walk
instead of using the remote get up and change the channel
instead of taking the elevator take the stairs
don't drive if its less than 4 blocks away(save gas and lose weight)
wear a stretch belt daily
HAVE FUN!

debraalbagli
High protein,low fat ,low carb and start power walking this minute!

joyrussom
Rating
Drink slim fast for breakfast and dinner then eat a good supper,drink lots of water and ride a bike daily,recommended after supper.

papu
you should walk 10km per day.should not take any food on at night.do yoga. it will help u alot. all d best.

Amanda K
Rating
Eat five small meals a day. They should be high in protein and low in sodium and carbohydrates. I guarantee you will lose 20+ pounds in that amoutn of time if you do this.

Daniel
Rating
i can help your body shape work! the program is fast and safely. for more information and Free Consultation, please go www.enjoyslim.com.
!*This is serious weight control program, you not serious to, please do not waste your time, thank you*!

DG
Rating
I have a friend who was in
a similar situation-
so she went on the
Atkins diet-
and lost 20 pounds in a month.

You might consider giving it a try.

shannon
Rating
work out watch everything that goes in your mouth. count calories and watch all fat and sugar intake. Run a few miles a day like 5 or more miels a day. climb stairs in a building. my job has 12 flights of stairs i climb. instead of taking breaks at work climb stairs for a walk. etc etc etc ride a bike instead of driving, or walk to and from work. there is no trick to this. it is what it is. its nutrion and excersize. I knowthis isnt your magic cure your looking for but thats it. Also drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water aday. no alcohol, no juice, no , soda, avoid, salt , fat processed foods, avoid sugar. eat yogurt, low carb diet etc. have a great day and gl.

amber
If you need to lose weight in 54 days, I suggest that you eat every 2 hours. Eat an apple or a vegetable or a piece of bread every 2 hours. Don't have big meals, just snack healthy and don't forget to exercise. Do around 100 sit-ups and 5-15 push-ups every night. This will help you tone your muscles will your losing those pounds.

Born awesome!
* Drink a lot of water, Low carb/ High protein diet...lots of exercise ( lots of cardio). It always does the trick for me! Good luck! :)

Kalan J
Rating
Okay, this is only if you are desperate and have great restraint.

My mom recently had to lose weight for a wedding as well and she did the master cleanse. It is a fast but it is very effective. My mom dropped 20 pounds when she did it the second time. The first time is kinda hard but afterward, you feel amazing.

Here's the websites for more info: http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm
http://www.naturalways.com/master-cleanser.htm

Juwita
i have tried this regime before.54 days means 7 week plus.so i will recommend you to do this :

on the first two weeks,cleanse your digestion system by leaving those with fats and calories like meats and rice,or bread.Just consume mineral water and fruits.lots of fruits.variety of fruits,and you will find your BMI (body mass index) lower.

for the next 3rd and 4th weeks,slowly add dairy products such as milk to your diet.make sure maintain the intakes of fruits and water.do not forget to take vegetables too.preferably steamed veggies.

for the 5th and 6th weeks,you can have carbohydrates but in a small intake.meats also can,preferably white meat.like fish because fish will help you maintain you suppleness of skin and your hormone balancing.

for the rest of the year,maintain this regime,and you will see the differences.but,remember,good diet also come with exercisers.don't forget to do the workout.good luck!

Emily T
Rating
Drink a lot of water, only water. Don't eat right before you go to sleep, walk a lot, or do other types of cardio, ride a bike, whatever. Eat a lot during the day, yeah it sounds bad but if you eat small portions all throughout the day it helps.

minirogue
I wrestled for 4 years, and some of the stuff we do to make weight, I wouldn't suggest, but I can tell you that you don't need to cut calories or certain types of food necessarily. Run every day, as far as you can, and then run back. If you can, skip breakfast or lunch, but if hunger starts getting in the way of your daily activities resume the skipped meal. And also replace one of your daily meals with something much more low key. For example, I ran out of time to keep eating breakfast in the morning, so I stopped eating that meal, then I replaced my pizza and fries at lunch with a peanutbutter and honey sandwich, some crackers, a cheesestick, a cup of applesauce, and either an orange or a banana. The bottom line is do what works for you, just as long as you do some cardio exercise (running is the best in my opinion) consistently, and you tone down your eating habits. Don't get obsessed with certain diets, just diet how it works for you, lowering portion sizes is all it might take. It is ok to cheat every now and then, but not more than once or twice a week. As long as you keep disciplined, it is no problem...but then again my wrestling workouts were pretty intensive.

J. Wiggley
cut your daily calorie intake by 500 calories, try and eat a variety of foods. Also burn an additional 500 calories a day.

sangin_chick
I am currently on the low carn diet. I did this in 12th grade and lost 50 pounds. It's been 5 yrs so i am starting again. I started a week ago and already lost 5 lbs. All you have to do is eat meat, cheese, and green veggies. Avoid sugars, bread, and pasta (basically white foods.) Try to keep your carb intake below 20-40 grams a day. But make sure you drink plenty of water. That is important in any diet.

old lady
Not to panic! The bride asked you because she respects you, likes you, and wants you to be part of her wedding party. I'll bet a dollar she didn't say, "If you lose 20 pounds I want you to be my matron of honor". So there's no tremendous pressure on you - this is just something you want to do for yourself.
You have almost two months. Sign up at a gym, do a regular workout (the instructors there will help you) and you already know what you should do about your diet. Throw away the butter dish, opt for skim milk, trim the fat from your meat and keep the portions small, fill up on veggies (without sauces) and for desert treat yourself to fruit. You should be able to lose the weight easily if you follow this regime --
good luck, and enjoy the wedding!

Babydoll M Foster
I say go for walks every day and if you can then do crunches.

lizzy b
here is a diet that I lost 7 pound in a week!!!!there are three day that you are to eat the food that is on it, then for 4 days you can eat what you normal would (just don't over do it). after the 4 days go back on the diet. It's called the heart diet . here's the diet:

1st day
breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit, 1 slice of toast, 2 tbs. peanut butter.
black coffee, tea, or water.
lunch: 1/2 cup tuna, 1 slice toast, black coffee, tea, or water.
dinner: 2 slice of any meat (3 oz.) 1 cup string beans, 1 cup of beets, 1 small apple, 1 cup vanilla ice cream, black coffee, tea, or water.

2nd day
breakfast: 1 egg, 1/2 banana, 1 slice toast, black coffee, tea, or water.
lunch: 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 saltine crackers, black coffee, tea, or water.
dinner: 2 hot dogs (no bun), 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup of carrots, 1/2 banana, 1/2 a cup or vanilla ice cream, black coffee, tea, or water.

3rd day
breakfast: 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice chedder cheese, 1 small apple, black coffee, tea, or water.
lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice of toast, black coffee, tea, or water.
dinner: 1 cup tuna, 1cup beets 1 cup cauliflower, 1/2 canteloupe, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, black coffee, tea, or water.
you can also drink diet soft drinks.
the diet work on chemical breakdown and it's proven. do not very or substitute any of the above foods. salt and pepper can be used, no other seasonings. where no quantity is given there are no restrictions, other than common sense. This diet is to be used 3 day at a time. you can lose up to 40 lbs in a month, if you stick to it. this is a safe diet. but remember no snack in between meal when on diet.
this diet really does work and I hope you well try it.

Kristen L
Rating
never go lower than 1200 calories!
eat freshly be light on the junk.
dont deprive yourself of junk fodd though, you may binge and GAIN weight!
exercise 5 days a week.
30-60 min cardio and 30 minute strength training!
good luck!

espressoaddict22
You have seven weeks which is about what you'll need. You need to be really dedicated though. Start off by going to multigrain and whole grain breads, pastas, and cereals. Pre-plan your meals so that you can make them healthy. An example is:

Morning meal:

lowfat yogurt
dry toast
one cup fruit or small fruit(apple, orange, banana,etc.)

snack:
lowfat grain bar
water

Lunch:
1/2 sandwich made from lean meat(turkey or chicken) with lowfat cheese with non-fat salad dressing of your choice, with lettuce tomato, etc
carrots or celery sticks or other vege or fruit without dressing 1 c.

milk

pm snack:
vegetable cooked or raw without dressing 1 cup
water

Dinner:
Baked potato with cheese(1oz.)
steamed broccoli(1 cup.) chives and pepper
meat (fish, chicken lean pork) the size of your hand wrist to knuckles
water /juice

End of day equivalences:
Grains-5
Fruit-2
Vegetables-4-5
Protein-1-1 1/2
Dairy-3

For exercise if your not attending a gym try to get 30 mins of cardio a day 5-6 days a week. And do 40 min calistetics and stretching (pushups, situps, curlups, sidecurls, atomic situps, jumping jacks, and windmills) 4 sets of 12-15. You should lose about 3-6 pounds a week as long as you don't deviate too far from your healthy meals and workout plan. It is okay to splurge a little once a week with a few chips and dip or a small bowl of icecream. But it is about moderation. For cardio you can dance, swim, run, jog, walk...it is easier to do if you invite a friend along with you.

Good Luck and I hope you reach your goal in time.

Maruf
Rating
1200 calories a day run, treadmill and lots os pushups and situps

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy