Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Help me i want to loose weight!!! do guys hate chubby/fat girls?
I am sooo depressed this summer has been really boring because all i have done is sit around at home!! I live about 10 miles away from all of my friends in a smaller town both my parents work and I�...

Why is it that smoking makes you lost weight?
why?
thanks.
is it physical cause it speeds up your metabolism or just sorta mental coz you smoke out of boredom instead of eating out of boredom....

What is your favorite exercise and why?
And your favorite exercise machine? What results have you gotten, and why? What machine do you recommend for weight loss? Thanks!...

Is 108 overweight for someone 5"1?

Additional Details
well for a long time i was bilemic and was told to gain weight now i want to lose it ...

Can you still drink Coke and lose weight with exercise and diet?
Even if it's one or two sugar cokes a day....

Im I Fat ?
Im 5'7 and 122 -125 pounds and i feel like im a whale. Whats the right weight for me ?...

What to do when your Bored??
I'm trying to stick to my diet but i have nothing to do, and i think thats why I am not in shape because when im bored i eat. I need something to keep me busy so I don't eat anything till ...

How much weight should I lose?
I'm 5' 3'' and 125 pounds...how much weight should I lose...?...

At what age did you lose your viginaty?

How do I control my food cravings...now?
Like right now I want to eat mac and cheese with ketchup and then a cupcake....werid taste I know. But its 9pm and am not sleepy...what should I do?...

What is the best food for breakfast?
My mother always told me to eat fruit first thing in the morning (before oats or cereal etc.) because it helps to clean out the digestive system and get it functioning for the day. Is this true? At ...

What's your favorite diet food?

Is it TRUE that MORE YOU SWEAT THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE??
i heard that the more you sweat the more weight you lose....is that true?? if it is, does that mean that if i walk 2km on a hot day and sweat more, rather than walking 2km on a cold day i will lose ...

Am I overweight or underweight?
I am currently 5'6 and 95 pounds.
I know that may seem skinny, but I have curves which makes me feel obnoxiously fat and uneven.

Also, DONT be rude by saying I am obese/anorexic....

What's a good diet that has worked for you? Which doesn't involve exercising regularly.?

Am i overweight?
Ok i'm a girl and i'm 14 years old. I am 5'3 and I weigh 125 but i feel like I weigh way more. Is this an Ok weight? I'd like it to be a little less. Also, is 60lbs an ok weight ...

Im in 7th grade and i weigh about 95 pounds i want to go on a diet but my mom wont let me what should i do?
i tried going anorexic but my friends didn't like that so i stopped and i don't want to ruin my intestines or what ever so I'm not going to be bulimic im a teen so im like always ...

I am not a water drinker. How can i start acquiring a taste for water?

How tall I am?
My mom is around 5 and my dad is 5' 8. What do you think my height would be...just a guess!...

How much weight do you want to lose?

coolcat76
Does drinking too much Diet coke make you fat?
Although diet coke or coke Zero have no calories I read somewhere that the chemicals in the drinks can slow weight loss and actually cause you to retain weight? Please clear this up for me??

motheroftwo
Rating
Diet cokes have no calories or fat but they have a lot of sodium. Sodium makes you retain water. So this could be what the problem is. You are retaining water due to all the sodium.

Nick
Sodas can pack on the sodium. Drink water.
These diet drinks do not always have zero calories. Most things that are labeled as fat free do not have zero fat either.
FDA just makes it so they do not have to put the calories on there since it is low.
Diet Cherry Coke - 1 calorie
Diet Caffeine Free Coke - 2 calories
Diet Sprite - 4 calories
Diet Root Beer - 1 calories

Doris Dayglo
You won't worry so much about that when your teeth have dropped out.

Liberate Liam
Rating
No. It is just a perception. You see fat people drink diet sodas and you see skinny or average weight people drinking regular sodas. Fat people naturally drink diet sodas to lose weight or avoid weight gain. Skinny people drink regular sodas because they can afford the calories. So you walk into a restaurant and look at what people are drinking you would naturally assume that diet sodas make them fat because they are the only ones drinking it (most of the time). This plus most fat people seems to think that drinking diet soda counteracts their unhealthy eating habits. It doesn't.

jrgannapolis
Rating
I wondered the same thing and my best friend, a nurse, asked people at her work.

One said, the artifical sweetners cause a glucose spike (similar to eating carbs) that make you crave more and therefore you continue to eat more carbs/sugars in addition to the diet soda.

I recenly switched to coke zero and pepsi one just to eliminate the calories and I have started to lose weight.

poisoneva
It has 40 mgs of sodiun which can cause you to retain water, but it cannot make you fat.

M T
Diet coke is loaded with sodium even diabetics are told to drink diet soda occasional there is zero nutritional value in them.

Glenn M
Rating
The chemicals will do more than cause wait gain, nasty stuff they put in those diet drinks

Tina
If you drink it in moderation it won't make you fat. It's better than regular coke. I've heard that caffeine actually increases your metabolism not decrease it.

macdoodle
Rating
it will take the paint off your car. you drink it. it has no redeeming value. and carbonation is not so wonderful effects digestion. and
takes place of the water and juice and milk etc. things your body can use./needs.
there was a study about it on news and on the Internet.
it is junk food . OK to have junk once or twice a week. how often do you have all junk soda and fast food etc..multi daily?

there is a study that women who get enough calcium have less weight for same food intake also.
if your nutrition is good and you get average exercise you will be right weight and live long.

rrmorris45
Rating
Used to there was this belief that eating sugar substitutes slowed weight loss - however, a new study came out about a month ago that said that people who eat foods containing aspertame & such DO lose more weight than their counterparts.
However, there's caffeine in Diet Coke - and that definitely hinders weight loss a little bit. I'd limit your intake to about 24 oz a day and you should still be able to lose weight.

charlotterobo
i drink upto 4 litres of coke a day and have done for the last 12 years or so ... i am a size 10 i think some people are just meant to be ,,,, it`s whats in your gene`s ..................

Carly
Rating
yes.

milkmaider2000
Rating
most of these diet soda's contain aspertain sp??is by ways no good for you

aquabatslad
Rating
Not sure. But My mom drinks it all the time and never looses weight. So what you read maybe right about it retaining weight.

greeneyed_londonlover
I don't know about it's connection to weight gain really. But there are natural diet sodas out there, that contain Splenda instead of aspartme, splenda is considered safe by nutritionists. Hansens Diet soda has a really yummy rootbear one. When I drink diet sodas of any kind I always brush my teeth afterwards so the chemicals don't rot my teeth. My dentist has always said I have great teeth and never has asked me if I drank soda, so I don't think soda is going to rot your teeth if you brush your teeth right after you drink it. At the very least carry some sugar free gum like Trident to chew after your soda (that cleans your teeth a little). I never gain weight when I drink diet sodas either (though I only drink 4- 5 a week). They usually kill my sugar cravings too, so I think they are a good thing for weight loss (and if you have a sweet tooth like me!).

masterurownmind
Rating
Diet drinks are never good for you, sometimes worse then the regular.

eMale
Diet coke has things in it that are much worse than the sugar in regular coke. It can cause lots of problems. Forget the rest, only water will help you lose weight.

Apple
Rating
I drink quite a bit of diet coke and it's not the cals or fat you have to worry about but all the other awful ingredients! Even diet coke is bad for your teeth, when I had a brace my dentist told me to avoid fizzy drinks because the stuff that makes them fizzy and rot your teeth, even if they are diet drinks.

I try and have just one can a day now, but it's not caffeine free!

Keepingmycool
Rating
I've read somewhere that the effect is not on the chemical stuff in the diet drink. People who drink diet sodas tends to exercise less (thinking that they didnt consume calories anyway) than those who drink the regular stuff, thus diet drinkers dont loss weight fast and if you dont exercise it slows down metabolism.

shariwharton
all i know is that ive always liked diet coke, and it causes cellulite...all fizzy drinks do.

kazzybabe
yep drinking them in excess they do , and also do you know if you add diet drinks to alcohol , they make you drunk quicker as your body absorbes the alcohol faster then :(

RBJ
Rating
YES! anything containing Aspatarme will increase your weight.

Momma Knows
It's true that diet soda contains 0 calories but there has been a buzz about it making your crave sugars. When you drink a diet soda you enjoy the sweetness and the sweetness becomes part of your mental taste enjoyment. This in turn tells your brain that you like sugar and sweet items, you will then begin to crave sweets more than ever.

Add this information along with the theory that sugar replacements act like sugars in the system, causing your insulin to spike, thus holding on to fat and you have and it's a 1-2 diet crusher.

If you have a diet soda every once in a while it's not going to totally ruin your dieting goals but if you are stuck in the rut of having a diet soda every day, your hurting your diet, and many say that you are hurting your health.

I no longer drink soda at all.

Donna Hill
diet coke has more sugar and **** than normal coke it will give a stomach ulcer

GTfan36
Too much of anything like that can make you fat, if you are on a diet i suggest cutting down all sugar drinks. I hope i could help.

Shannon Day
Rating
This is ad libbed from "Dana Carpender's " Carb Gram Counter, book...she says...some say that these diet foods and drink with art. sweeteners"trigger" carb cravings...the thought is that (aspartame etc) interferes with ketosis...some say that just the taste of sweet can cause an insulin release. I suggest that you go to the library and find a book on low carbs or on art, sweeteners, hope I helped

Melissa
Rating
Aspartame is bad for you....not sure if Diet Coke can make you fat....my husband drinks it like water.....I can tell you that it makes you fart. Check out www.aspartame.net

elite
you need to be looking at aspartame in diet drinks ,the chemical formulation of aspartame contains formaldehyde (the same stuff used in medium density fibreboard),this substance is a known carcinogenic and really messes with metabolism and other bodily functions ,check out www.rense.com for much more on this donald rumsfeld approved crap

John
diet drinks are loaded full of salt that retain water.also I've heard of a link between artificial sweeters and weight gain

alexinscarborough
Does Diet Croak make you fat? Yes it does. It is the chemical sweetener, Aspartame, in it that is the source of the problem

Aspartame is the ONLY food additive to have to, by law, carry a health warning. (contains a source of phenylalanine)

Aspartame is a Nuerotoxin, it attacks the nervous system.

Aspartame contains Methanol, when heated to 86f (body temp is 96f) it converts to Formic Acid and Formaldehyde. Formic Acid is Natures Poison (Ant sting!) and Formaldehyde is a bleaching agent (Embalming Fluid)

Aspartame is an addictive depressent, the more you have, the more misserable you become, the more your body craves for the stuff, so you drink more of it just to quell the cravings. It is a downward spiral!

Aspartame used to be on the list of Chemical Warfare agents, until Donnie Rumsfeld paid for it to be transfered onto the Food Additives List back in 1980.

Aspartame makers, Monsanto, produced a list of 92 side efects associated with aspartame. The list includes Brain tumours, Migraines, Hearing Problems, Eyesight Problems, Behavioural Problems, Breathing Problems, Headaches, Obesety, Vertigo and Death.

Is it just a 'coincidence' nut since its widespread introduction in the UK in 1995, there has been a marked increase in Truancy, Asthma, Eczema, Road Rage, Depression infact, everything on the list supplied by the FDA (Food and Drugs Administration of the USA).

Formaldehyde, when the Aspartame has broken down, attaches to fat cells making it nigh on impossible for the body to burn off the fat naturally, so what with feeling lousy anyway, the exercising doesn't work.

I believe it is directly linked and that Aspartame should be totally withdrawn from the Human Food chain.

Did I mention Birth Defects, Diverticulitis and Cancer? No, well consider it mentioned.

That said, anyone stupid enough to ignore warnings or advice needs their head looking at. There are plenty of Independently researched sites on the internet. All the government paid sites want to protect their interests so they reckon it is safe and Snopes are totally wrong on this subject, before anyone thinks of quoting them.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy