Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Can anyone tell me the best way to stop my false teeth falling out?
I was having tea with the local vicar the other day. I took a bite of my cucumber sandwich ( cut into triangles with the crust cut off) and my teeth fell out. Oh! The shame i did'nt know where ...

I think I have an absessed tooth, what should I do?
I know I have to go to the dentist, but they scheduled me for july 5th, and I got a headache because of it. What can I do for now? Should I take tylenol or any other medicine?...

Do braces hurt when you first get them?
I'm getting braces soon,and I just want to know what to ...

Cant sleep chronic toothache, any advice?

How can I prevent bad breath?

What type of toothpaste do you use?

Additional Details
thanks for you response.......

Toothache and wont be able to see a dentist till Thursday?
I cracked my tooth sometime in January 2007 (don't remember the exacted day) but it didn't start hurting till a had some peanuts a week in a half ago. Now the pain is nearly unbearable and I...

Anyone else think having toothache is more painful than giving birth?
I've had Endometriosis and given birth twice but nothing compares to the pain when you have an abscess or tooth problem....

How many toothbrushes have you ?

Wisdom tooth being pulled out?
i am getting my wisdom tooth pulled out on thursday and i am pretty damn nervous... i am expecting a whole lot of pain, if so can you tell me your stories with this, how did you cope with it and how ...

R u afraid of going to the dentist?
I am not I personally love it, cause I love my teeth....

If you've had your wisdom teeth surgically removed...?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. My bf told me as many details as he could remember about the process, but his were removed a couple years ago, ...

HOW LONG SHOULD U KEEP A tooth brush?
ok. so plz answer my question. i will choose u for best answer but first im gonna go answer one of ur questions . u give ten points then i give u ur points. my tooth brush is kinda old but i cant ...

Can you over brush your teeth?
If you brush your teeth with a regular toothbrush, and without using toothpaste for about an hour a day, can it damage your teeth or your gums?...

If uve had braces... PLEASE HELP ME!?
tomorow i am gonig to the orthadontist for my "moldinggs" or whatever theere called, for my braces. i was sposed to get my braces three years ago but i am TERRIFIED of vomiting... so i am ...

A few questions about getting wisom teeth pulled??
1. how much does it hurt and for how long?
2. do the pain pills they give you for the pain after the pulling cause nausea?
3. will it cause swelling around my face??! school starts on ...

When is it safe to remove stitches?
I had 9 extractions done under sedation on monday evening (3 days ago ) and im wondering when it is safe to remove the stitches.

i originally thought the stitches would disolve however im ...

How long of a recovery from a root canal?
Should I take the whole day off work, or will I feel alright when I leave the dentist office?...

How can I get rid of my bad breath?
I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, use mouth rinse, brush my tongue, and see a dentist regularly. I think it may be because I often have sinus problems and I know that can result in bad breath. Any ...

Is sugar free chewing gum bad for teeth?

Bobbin.
My gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth, this has been happening for about 2 weeks, what do i do?
Its only when i brush my teeth, i'm 13 and i have braces, please help!!!!!!!!

noruleschris
stop using a wire brush!

pretty_girl
Rating
well maybe you are brushing a little too hard, next time just try to softly brush your teeth. or try a new toothbrush.

Mrz.DeAndre Way
Rating
You brush too hard. Brush softer. If you brush soft and they bleed you might have gingivitis. IT;s when your gums swell and brushing might do something to it. go to the doctors and see if your braces have anything to do with it or if you have gingivitis.

Ask the dentist if you have plaque under the gum line .. if it's not removed you will lose your teeth most likely in your late 40's early 50's.
Right now you should buy an electric toothbrush - I've got a braun and it's brilliant, makes brushing a pleasure, almost.

Super-man
go to your dentist duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.....

m n
Rating
that can be something like gingivitis. if youre gums are white instead of the normal pinkred hue. it could be that. theres a toothpaste and mouth wash that helps alot. its by crest , prohealth, the box is and mouthwash are blue. check out that site for more info. and heres the webiste for the toothpaste.

Dilip SDIPANKAR
Dental care & mouth care.

After every meal, chew a little salt and gargle with water. Soft brush can be used to clean the particles caught between the teeth and the gums. Make it habit to clean the teeth every morning and before retiring to bed. In India, people use thin twig of a Babul, Banyan or a Neem tree (known as Datoon) as a brush. First it is to be crushed to make it soft and then use it like a brush. It is advisable to us a Datoon of Babul, Banyan or Neem tree at least once a day.

It is reported by experienced dentists that tooth pastes available in the marked are not much effective. Instead, the following tooth powder or paste which can be easily made at home has been found quite useful for the care of gums and teeth :

1. Tooth Powder : Mixture of finely ground alum powder 40% and rock salt or regular salt powder 60%. For better results, a few drops of lemon may be added. In case of dental problems, adding a little of 'Sudarshan' (a bitter Ayrvedic powder is also recommended.

2. Tooth-paste : For dental problemslike bleeding, pyorrhoea, toothache, etc. make a paste of

50% alum powder
10% rock salt or table salt powder
10% Sudarshan powder (an Ayurvedic preparation)
15% edible oil (unrefined)
10% glycerine tanic acid
5% camphor.

The paste made of this mixture can be massaged on the teeth and gums in the morning and evening with fingers. It ca be packed in collapsible tubes/jars and used, as tooth-paste.

3. Even massaging the gums with a mixture of 70% unrefined edible oil (seasame or groundnut or coconut), 15% glycerine tanic acid and 15% fine powder of rock salt or table salt is useful for good, healthy teeth and gums. Make it a daily habit. Please not that healthy gums are more useful than sparkling white teeth.

4. Mouth Freshener : Gargling with a lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water, freshens the mouth. Take a quarter of a lemon, massage it on teeth and gums and then gargle with water. Even chewing of mango, tulsi or betel leaves after meals is good, and so it is advised in India.

5. Exercises for teeth : Keep the lips closed. Pound the upper teeth on lower teeth for 30 to 40 times twice a day. Then massage the saliva on gums with the tongue. That will ensure proper blood circulation in teeth and increase the life of healthy teeth and gums.

Grumpyoldfart
Rating
It might be gingivitis, try rinsing your mouth every night with hydrogen peroxide but DO NOT SWALLOW IT. (it'll make you vomit)

Sexy Nerd!
Rating
Baby it sounds like you have gingivitis. I advise you to go to the dentist for them to clean your plaque and then floss everyday as well as brush and whatever else you have to do with your braces issue. Now you may be brushing a little to hard but I had gingivitis and it always bled if I brushed to hard or flossed, plus my gums would ache. BTW you dnt have to be 60 to get gingivitis, I'm only 14.

Egregio
Rating
Don't listen to retty-girl: i don't think she knows what she is talking about.
Do brush more often (3 times daily, after meals) and very well, especially since you have braces. Make sure you brushe also under the gums, by turning the toothbrush upward and downward while keeping it still halfway between upper and lower teeth. Do this for each tooth. Use an anti-bacterial mouthwash last thing in the evening (after brushing and flossing). You find them at Boots. If after a week u are still bleeding, see the dentist.

danny three balls
go see the dentist you may have pyeria{bad spelling} or mabe you need to use a softer toothbrush

valentia k
Rating
fistly when you get your braces off the results are amazing, ive got mine off and next time you go to the orthodontist just make a note to tell him/her. if your gums are puffy you may need to clean better, are you braces cutting your gums cos if they are then use some wax if all else fails dont brush too hard and floss floss floss!!!

Its SEMIH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This has happen to me.I got the perfect soultion

The next time you visit the dentist ask him or her to make u an appointment with the hygneist.They ALWAYS know whats wrong with your teeth that dentists cant do.

I wish the very best of luck

her with the mad ginger hair
Rating
Hello, your problem maybe just that you are brushing a bit too hard ,or, it could be gingavitis so i would suggest going back to you r dentist to let him/her check it out for you,this is a common and easily dealt with problem.try not to worry too much im sure it is nothing serious or your gums would be bleeding all the time not just when you brush your teeth.

parapete
I don't dis agree with the others and I am sure a visit to the dentist is advisable, but I recently visited the dentist who ADVISED me to ensure I brush the Gums at the bottom of the teeth when brushing as they tend to build up with YUCKY stuff and then bleed when brushed. I started doing what he told me and Whalla! they stopped bleeding after about four or five days after ensuring I brush including the gum 'socket area at bottom of teeth. Perhaps it is difficult to do this with the braces on. Good luck.

freckleface
Rating
It could be your braces, they could be broken, good idea to visit the dentist.

amanda p
Rating
i think you mite a hard tooth brush you mite need a soft one or you could have a infection in your gums if that's the case you will need to go and see a dentist. Let me know how you get on good luck

pinkfiddlehead
Rating
You have gum disease for sure.

Sunshine_Diva
honey you may just be brushing to hard... aggrevating your guns... if you are really worried about it call your dentist!

horselover
Rating
well you are just brushing your teeth to hard slow down when you brush and quit pushing down so hard on your teeth my sister has braces and before her denist told her she was brushing to hard that would happen to her and also the braces can also cut your mouth but no biggie just don't brush as hard as you usually do and use wax to put on your braces when they start cutting your mouth
hope i helped write back if it did

landlubber
Rating
you are probably brushing too hard or using too hard bristles. give your dentist a call for best advise.

Whoa...itsCollins
stop brushing so hard!

or maybe you have gingivitis or in the worst case senario, gum cancer. :)

lacey
i could be that your brushing your teeth to hard, or that you've got gum disease, its hard to remove all plaque from your teeth when you've got braces and when plaque harden it turns into tarter which irritates the gum, causing the disease. Go to your dentist to get a scale to remove it all.

boysmom
It sounds like you have early stages of gingivitis which is very common with braces, but if you don't take care of it now it can eventually turn into periodontal disease. Please make sure you brush your teeth morning and night and floss, floss, floss. Brush your teeth with your toothbrush at an angle so the bristles get up underneath the gums and keep them clean. Also use a mouth wash every time you brush, I recommend Act or Crest Pro Health. Both of these are alcohol free so they won't dry your mouth out.

kikio
See your dentist. You probably have gingivitis which is why your gums are bleeding. With the braces it is sometimes harder to keep your gums as healthy as normal. Try getting a soft bristle toothbrush and try not to brush very hard. You also might be brushing too hard and causing inflammation. Best bet, see a dentist. Gingivitis is not good and can cause gum and tooth loss and at your age, you don't want or need that.

#kjm#
go to the dentist

Jen
Rating
You need to see your orthodontist, whomever does your braces. You may have something wrong with your gums, acute gingivitus, check with your dentist.

spicy n
tell ur mum. go see ur dentist.

oh purleeeeze
Rating
go to your dentist sweetie....there may be an underlying problem there that needs sorting!good luck!

yeah!
sounds like gingivitis, you need to see your dentist.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy