Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What do you do or say to a person who was just diagnosed with cancer?
I know it sounds awful to even ask...
But what do you say right after a person finds out they have cancer? I know hug and cope but don't know what to say......

I need to tell my son that his grandpa has cancer and needs to have chemo. can anyone help me with this ?

Additional Details
My son is 10 years old and we live in western ...

Help! my son is addicted to cigarettes!!!?
i get my 5 year old son every weekend. he kept asking me to give him a cigarette whenever i took a smoke break. i gave him a drag, thinking it would teach him a lesson and be an awful experience ...

Does febreze give you cancer?
my teacher said that some household such as febreze and other spraying chemicals give you cancer......because when its sprayed it stores up inside the cell or body fat and keeps store up as you keep ...

Would a problem with my lungs show up indirectly if an ultrasound was done on my bladder, liver and kidneys?
I recently had an ultrasound on the above and thankfully there was nothing serious, I have been getting pains in my lungs for the past couple of months and wondered if there was something serious ...

How does chemotherapy work to treat cancer?
please dont say i dont ...

What is mitosis used for?

Will this affect my life later on?
while i was 5 years old,i broke a mercury thermometer..back then,i didnt know that mercury is very hazardous,so i just touched the mercury with my hand and i saw lots of it kinda 'enter' my ...

About different types of cancer please?
My dear cousin is in stage 4 cancer. I've never asked her what type of cancer she has but it is in many places in her body.
She's just had surgery to remove a mass in her throat. The D...

Has any one here beaten or known someone to beat serious lung cancer?
My Mum has just been diagnosed with adenocarcenoma(excuse spelling) and it has apread all over her body she has been given 3 yrs if she responds to treament and less than 12 mnths if she does not, im ...

I need advice with breast cancer?
I found a lump. It is hardly on my breast, but is on the border of the armpit and breast. My sister convinced me to get it checked out, and the doctor said it was just a gland and since I am younge (...

Quit smoking shot, anyone help?
I just asked the same question but not getting many answers with that headline question. Need to know anything about it, cost, what is in it, is it worth the money, side effects. Any help would be ...

Dr. found hi risk HPV 4 mos. ago. This was 1st pap in 7 yrs. I've no insuranc. I'm miserable when will I die?
There were about 20 strains of hpv found, including 16 and 18. They did a colposcopy but couldn't see anything so now they want to do an operation to remove most of the cervix, but with no ...

Pancreatic Cancer - whats the prognosis??

Wwhat doess skin cancer look like?
I have had a small whitish colored spott on my forearm for a couple of years. Now that I have been out in the sun and it was 103 two dayss in a row, it resembles a raised pimple. It won't pop or ...

When Prostate surgery fails and the Cancer has spread how long will I live?
The Doctor used a Scan that was done in August and operated in December. The Cancer had spread beyond the glands and is now terminal. Just wondering about a time frame to live....

Non smokers ,what are your principles on buying cigerettes for someone?
non smokers,would you get someone cigerettes if they asked you?
Additional Details
I am glad people are as adverse to smoking as I am....

10 points BEST ANSWER!?
im doing an article on smoking and lung cancer and i need help coming up with a title for the article?...

Why did doctors not find the cure for cancer?

I've heard its cancer causing to sleep with a regular bra at night.
but is it okay to sleep with a sports bra without the same effect?...

gale c
My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

kuhen4
i heard Chemotherphy would make the person to suffer a lot ,and eventualy it would help treat the cancer. but it is not always true. i always ask with in my self, is Cancer caused due to the lack of Chemotherphy or Radiation in our body? to give chemotherphy and radiation? No right!. but i belive lack of pH balance in our body system causing the Cancer and Tumour.for the chemotherphy side effect ,i heard about neulasta(Neulasta® is a prescription medication that helps your body make more white blood cells to help protect you against chemotherapy-related complications like infection. Such complications can delay your chemotherapy or keep you from getting your full dose. (http://www.neulasta.com/patient/index.jsp)while you take "neulasta" with the help of your Doctor, i like to encourage you to think about the Alternative treatment too.
i have a article about Cancer that how Cancer is caused, if you belive that cause of cancer, then you will get an idea how to reverse your mum's Cancer. i lost 3 of my friends in cancer including my girl friend. then only i started believing the imbalance in pH causing the Cancer.
would you please read this article

my answer may help you decide wheather she would die or not from getting chemotherphy.
i am praying for your mum's suffering like i always pray for other cancer patients.
Acidic pH Levels Lead To Cancer...
Normalizing pH Levels Can Stop Cancer and Tumor In Its Tracks
There is plenty of research showing that cancer thrives in an acidic environment, and doesn't survive in an normal, more alkaline environment. Cancer cells make your body even more acidic as they produce lactic acid. So if you have cancer, your pH levels are low and your body is too acidic. Taking action to make your body more alkaline is vital in the battle against cancer. Unfortunately... The majority of the foods and drinks we consume are acidic, such as meat, grains and sugar, with colas and other soft drinks being highly acidic. So unless you have been eating a very healthy diet, full of fresh fruit and vegetables, your body is way too acidic. Creating a very good environment for cancer to grow in. Actually, a too much acidity is an underlying factor in many degenerative diseases -- diabetes, arthritis, fibromyalgia and more. A basic maxim of natural physicians is: Balance the bio terrain. Do this first, then everything can come back to normal. Taking medicines or supplements while your body is highly acidic is a bit like washing dishes in a sink of dirty water, even when you put in plenty of soap, you can't get the dishes clean. According to Keiichi Morishita in his book, Hidden Truth of Cancer, when your blood starts to become acidic, your body deposits acidic substances in the blood (usually toxins) into cells to allow the blood to remain slightly alkaline. However, this causes your cells to become more acidic and toxic, which results in a decrease of their oxygen levels, and harms their DNA and respiratory enzymes. Over time, he theorizes, these cells increase in acidity and some die. These dead cells themselves turn into acids. However, some of these acidified cells may adapt in that environment. In other words, instead of dying - as normal cells do in an acid environment - some cells survive by becoming abnormal cells. These abnormal cells are called malignant cells. Malignant cells do not correspond with brain function nor with our own DNA memory code. Therefore, malignant cells grow indefinitely and without order. This is cancer. As you can see, he is describing, from a different point of view, the process by which low oxygen levels turn some cells cancerous. Alkaline water (including the water in cells) holds a lot of oxygen. Acidic water holds very little oxygen. So the more acidic your cells are, the less oxygenated they will be. To make matters worse, the fermentation process cancer cells use to produce energy creates lactic acid, further increasing acidity and reducing oxygen levels. Sang Whang, in his book Reverse Aging, points out that toxins are acidic. If your blood is too acidic, toxins will not be released from your cells into the blood. So your cells can't be detoxified. This buildup of toxins in your cells results in acidic, poorly oxygenated cells, which can turn cancerous. He explains, "In general, degenerative diseases are the result of acid waste buildups within us. When we are born, we have the highest alkaline mineral concentration and also the highest body pH. From that point on, the normal process of life is to gradually acidify. That is why these degenerative diseases do not occur when you are young. Reverse aging requires two separate steps: chemical and physical. The first step is to lower the acidity of the body so that it can dispose of acidic wastes in the blood and cellular fluids safely and easily. The second step is to physically pull out old stored wastes into the blood stream so that they can be discharged from the body". There is a long history of reversing cancer simply by alkalinizing the body. It is one of the basic strategies in the battle against cancer and for improving your health in general. Everyone with cancer has low pH levels. Unfortunately, when someone has cancer, it is very difficult to raise pH levels quickly. Even taking large quantities of minerals and greens won't work fast because cancer cells pump out lactic acid which creates even more acidity. It will always take months to normalize pH levels because as you start to improve them, the body releases stored up toxins which increases the acidity again. www.CancerFightingStrategies.com , www.DrDay.com ,www.waterCure.com www.cancer-prevention.net , www.stopCancer.com , www.cancerTutor.com , www.neuLasta.com
It Is Chronic Unintentional Dehydration That Causes Pain and Disease, Including Cancer In The Body

Eric M
Rating
When I was getting chemo in 2005, for about 24 hours after each dose, my skin would be pale green. I sure looked weird, tho I felt okay.

Cancer treatment can be harsh, but cancer untreated is sure harsher.

Lily
Rating
i too underwent vigerous chemo treatments and had a gray tint to my skin.
the chemo drugs are full of all yucky stuff but, all the good stuff that kills that cancer cells.
i'm almost positive that the chemo drugs can not and will not kill her. she may feel like she wants to, but, it just takes so much out on someones body and mind.

i wish her good luck and good health.

cinqsou
Rating
Yes it is the chemo. The chemo causes the blood cells to go out of whack & that changes the coloi of her skin.
The chances of dying from chemo are quite small She may not feel very well during the treatments but once the treataments are over she will get aback to feelking quite well again. So hang in there & help her as much as you can.

gaia
Rating
As the other answerers have indicated, Chemotherapy is an immensely difficult procedure for many people. The " grayness " you are seeing in her face can be caused by a multitude of reasons, but the most likely is the extreme fatigue that treatment brings. There are drugs available to " perk up " the blood count and help with some of the anemia and tiredness. Make sure she gets her blood count checked frequently, help her out around the house so she can rest as much as she needs and help her keep a positive attitude.

My mother has survived breast cancer and my father, prostate cancer. My husband is now undergoing treatment for melanoma at age 35, so believe me, I can emphasize with you.

Chin up, and the best of luck to you and your Mother. :)

mevlana
Try offering her some cold hard boiled eggs, jello, crackers, cold bottled water, Rax or Arby's roast beef sandwiches (plain),etc...anything lukewarm to cold and bland and high protein. Here are some links to nutrition and support of cancer patients.

Nutrition and Support for cancer patients
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/MBC/MBC_6.asp? (nutrition for cancer patients)
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/MIT/mit_0.asp (supporting cancer patients)

bmac
Hard to understand what you wrote here. Yes, her face could be gray from the chemo. Was all the cancer removed from her body or does she still have it? Cancer can make you very sick even while you are getting chemo.
Chemo is VERY hard on your body. When someone's body is already sick from cancer, chemo can make you even weaker. Could she die? Yes. Just spend as much time with her as you can and do things for her. I've had chemo--I hope she gets better and SOON.

;)
Yes she could. But she could also die from not getting chemo. She has to weigh the risks with the possible benefits and side effects. I know you must be very worried. But this is mom's decision. She loves you and wants to live a long life to be with you. She has doctors to oversee her chemo. So just pray that it goes well, and that the chemo does the job it is supposed to without hurting her.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy