Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

How can i tell my parents i think i have cancer?
I'm 19 and have a small lump and think i might have testicular cancer. I know i need to have it checked out but just cant seem to tell my parents i have a lump and think i need to see a doctor. ...

Why is it that when you are diagnosed with cancer, friends and family avoid you like the plague?
I was diagnosed with bone cancer this summer after having surgery on my left arm where they found a tumor. now the cancer has spread and they are giving me about four months. Since my family and ...

What is the best gift to buy somebody about to start a course of chemotherapy?

Am I the only mother that would do this?
So we are on a trip in Mexico for 9 more days. I have 2 boys ages 14 and 8 and they have extremely fair skin, and there is skin cancer in our family genes. Yes, I slather bot of them down with ...

Can we please get something straight?
There has never been one solid link to connect smoking with cancer. If you know of just one chemical that links tobacco with cancer then please tell me as there are billions of dollars on offer to ...

If cell phones really cause cancer how long &/or how much use does it take?

How many people here personally know someone with Cancer or has Cancer themselves?

Additional Details
I am a four year survivor. I am 34....

Would you rather have a cure for cancer or have 4 men walk on the moon?
Britain and china are both planning to re visit the moon, it will cost about £1billion for each country lol. Would you rather the money be spent to find a cure for cancer?
I wouldn't, id ...

Help - why won't my mom take me to the doctor?
A few years or so back I noticed I had a small lump near my jaw bone. My parents think it's just a fatty tumor. Flash forward to a few days ago and I noticed a lump behind my life shoulder blade....

Breast Cancer!! I'm only 13?
I was wondering how to check for breast cancer. 'Cause I have pimple like lumps on my nipple. Also is it possible to get pimples on your breasts cause I've been wearing the same bra, ...

Why is CANCER so deadly?
My great-uncle died from cancer of the oesophagus (the food tube from the mouth to the stomach) It then spread to other organs, such as the heart and lungs. What makes the body decide to turn on ...

If a person is diagnosed with cancer do u think they have a right to know?
When my father was diagnosed my mother and 2 sisters felt that telling him would only make him worse. He was given 4-6 months to live and the doctors said there was nothing could be done for him. Its ...

My friend is dying of cancer- I don't know what to say to him.?

Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details

Is there anything now days that doesn't give you cancer?
organic food doesn't then it does, high fat diets do then don't,low fat diets do then don't. If you eat a malteaser on a Wednesday afternoon you are more likely to get cancer than if ...

Can you get lung cancer from one of your famliy members that smokes and you dont?
My dad smokes since he was 18 years old. Can I get lung cancer from him even if i dont smoke?...

I want to test out a theory about smokers.?
A co-worker and I were discussing this, and I wanted others opinions on it. I am a smoker, she quit several years ago. She think that most smokers skip breakfast, she did when she smoked and now ...

Should smokers be put to the back of the line when they wait for treatment caused by smoking.?
i think non smokers should get prefferential treatment and get operated on first as long as the op is not life threatening.smokers have brought on their own afflictions and deserve to be treated last,...

Why cant my son talk? Serious only please!!?
My son is almost 2, and he cant talk. Have you dealt with this? what is wrong with him???

If youpost anything derogitory about my son, I will flag you and send you a citation !!!!!!!!!!...

Why is life so bl@@dy cruel?
Just when i thought my life couldn't get any worse than it is already, something comes along and smacks me full belt in the face and knocks the wind out of my sails!
I lost my wonderful mum ...

Katie M
I'm thirteen and i think i have breast cancer! Help!?
i have these huge lumps in both of my breasts. I researched it a lil and it sounds just like me. that liqiud stuff, you know, that like drains out of you nipple. that happened a couple times.
How do i know if i have it? I mean i'm only thirteen is that possible?

Jprock
im pretty sure you dont have it. its just a part or growing up. dont worry about it!! just if you go to the dr. for like a check up or w/e u can mention it if you want.

johnny
Rating
you should visit doctor
you cannot predict any thing ,so getting depressed is not good
its better you visit doctor or ask your elders b4 it get worst

Olivia
Definately see a doctor. It's better to not have cancer and see one, than to have cancer and not know for sure. Good luck!

cute4uhoneyboo
Go to a doctor...Duh and yes its possible

a complex kid
please, go to a doctor, very, very soon.

carrie
i dunno but i think whatever it is a doctors visit is in order.

Sky k
Rating
I will say this. I'm not a doctor! I wouldn't know if you have Breast Cancer! Go to a doctor and ask this,not strangers on the internet.

Rachel C
i think i got something like that when i was you're age and i emailed someone about it and they said it was probably just the tissue in my breasts changing with puberty...i wouldnt worry about it, it should go away pretty soon but if it doesnt go away then you should be! but seriously you've just begun puberty so this will happen a few times, your body is gonna change loads the next few years...;

Max Power
Rating
Highly unlikely at your age , your breasts are changing as you go through puberty , dont worry , but to to put the record straight ,mention it to your doc next time you see him

auroraborrealis
Rating
It is highly unlikely for cancer to develop in both breasts simultaneously, it sounds like you have an abcess, which happens sometimes when girls go through puberty. The glands that produce milk later in life are activated and if yours are clogged or blocked they will swell into lumps and leak from the nipple. You are 13, making this your biggest possibility. Go to the doctor and mention this, you should be just fine.
Good luck!!!

adrian♥
What are the signs of breast cancer?
Unfortunately, the early stages of breast cancer may not have any symptoms. This is why it is important to follow screening recommendations. As a tumor grows in size, it can produce a variety of symptoms including:

lump or thickening in the breast or underarm
change in size or shape of the breast
nipple discharge or nipple turning inward
redness or scaling of the skin or nipple
ridges or pitting of the breast skin
These symptoms do not always signify the presence of breast cancer, but they should always be evaluated immediately by a healthcare professional.

Sara
Rating
Confront a parent or guardian right away and have them take you to get it looked at. It might be awakard, but it's better to be safe than sorry. :)

Andrea J
Rating
Sweetie, breast cancer in someone your age is rare. Instead of trying to get a diagnosis from unqualified people on yahoo answers, you need to speak with your mother and then see a doctor. Some women have cystic breasts, or it could be swollen milk glands. You're still developing. Don't panic - talk to your mom. She'll know what to do.

the_white_owl2004
Nah I don't think that's it but you better go see a doctor,that's the best option and if you really have something(I doubt it) you should start immediate medication

Vanessa
Rating
Go to the doctor.
You need it checked, now.

flamegreckon
Rating
don't hesitate - ask your mother, or go to the doctor - they will support you in whatever you do!

Tommy M
Rating
see the doc for a scan

Vicky H
Rating
askk ur mom..

skyee
it's very very very rare. i knew someone who had a lump or something too once. and shes only 14..it ended up just being a pocket of puss stuff and she took meds and now its gone. but you neeed to get you're thing check out by a breast doctor ASAP. if your nipples are leakking and stuff thats not good..

I am Me <3 and i ♥ u
Rating
oh jeez...
well it sounds like your still growing, the lumps are normal..
i would deff. see a doctor

GOD BLESS YOU ♥

doingthepanic
I'm sure you don't have breast cancer. Your breasts are just growing. Everyone has those huge lumps. I thought the same thing when I was 15, and I was scared to death about it, and I made my gyno give me a breast exam, and she said it was perfectly normal. Sure, you can go to the doctor and make them give you a breast exam if you want, but more than likely you are fine. Don't self diagnose using the internet. That's a good way to scare youself. Hypochondriacs are annoying.

a.juan149
ur developing but just
to make sure GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!

NICHY!!!!!
go to the doctor

:) Lucy (:
Rating
Its very rare for a child of your age to have breast cancer. Stop reading things that are going to scare you unnecessarily.. If you are really very concerned tell your mum, and tell her you want to see a doctor. A lump in the breast does NOT mean cancer, it could be anything from them growing to a cyst, reading things on the internet is just going to further make you believe you are sick, when the chances are you are not.
Are you taking any medication? Some medications can have those side affects.

Fog
You need to contact a doctor and get two opinions don't settle for one person just to be safe
I am praying for you that you don't have cancer

go to the doctor! don't ask us

lo_mcg
At 13 the chances of breast cancer are very, very, very close to zero. Breast cancer is predominantly a disease of ageing: 80% of people diagnosed with it are over 50, it's rare in women under 40 and it's almost unheard of in under 25s.

The American Cancer Society and other cancer organisations recommend that women start breast self-examination at the age of 20 - there's a reason for that..

Your breasts are still growing and developing and what you describe is perfectly normal; the fact that both your breasts are the same makes it even less likely to be anything sinister..

Talk to your mother about this, or if you feel you can't do that then talk to your school nurse - she will be used to such questions and will take you seriously, and should be able to reassure you. Meanwhile, stop worrying - you haven't got breast cancer

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy