Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Question on smoking?
I smoke around 2 - 3 marlboro red ciggerates everyday. Obviously its going to effect my body, but how severely do you think it will effect me? Also I started about a year and a half ago.
A...

CAn another dr call another dr about a patient with out the patients premission
dont they need you to ...

Do you have a family membor or friend whos suffered from cancer?
both my mum and dad have passed away cos of cancer.

if cancer was standing in front of you right now. what would you do?

personally, i would kick the living **** out of it.

I've already asked this but I want as many answers as pos. What is worse epilepsy or cancer of the blood?

Do people still give there hard earned $$$$$ to the cancer society ?
they have cures they dont want you to know about why cure it they say you will make billions but they make 100 x's that now why cure it....

Is it true that even if you stop today after like 15 yrs of smoking that the damage is already done?
Do your lungs ever truly heal?...

Why do you think children get cancer?

I recenty got stiches can I give blood still?

Is this medical malpractice?
My father was coughing up blood, so we took him to the local hospital. After running some blood work that came back normal, the decided to look in his stomach. After going in there, they saw ...

Is it true that if you pinch someone over and over, they might get cancer?
in other words, can pinching someone give them cancer?...

What would be good to put in a care packge for my friend who has Stage 4 Melanoma (cancer)?

Smoking Gives you Cancer, What about Natrual Smoke, Camp Fires, Weed, Ect...ect?
My friends and I were having a discussion, we all know smoking gives you cancer, has been for many years, we all know that.

What about Weed, Its Natural, and I remember hearing something ...

World cancer day?
AS TODAY IS WORLD CANCER DAY GIVE SOME TIPS...

Is cancer infectious desease?

My father-in-law has lymphoma. the doctors say it is stage 4. how short is his time?
he was taken to the VA hospital last night. his blood oxygen was way down (71). they gave him a transfusion and he is on oxygen. he looks yellow. he wants to go home because he doesn't want to ...

Group of blood vessels grouped together to form a tumour called?

I was diagnosed this week with CLL. How do I tell my 13 year old daughter?
Stage 3, have not yet begun any treatment. I am still in shock..please, any suggestions on how to tell my daughter? We are very close and she knows nothing up to this point, other than I was not ...

My biopsy results came back and they said it's not mild, what does this mean?
I had a biopsy done and all they could tell me over the phone is that it is not mild. What is a mild result and what could I have if it is not mild? Could I have precancerous cells or could I have ...

Breast Cancer........?
I think i found a lump in my breast, but im not to sure, i know there is a way u can check ur self.. but im just not to sure how to do it, could some one PLEASE tell me how to do it myself.... also ...

What are your suggestions for healing cancer?
For you are a part of my God!

Healing be unto you and yours and me and mine
In Forgive Affirmed Spirit
~skahhh
Additional Details

pukkagent
Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details
It's brain cancer. It's in an awkward place and I have awful hair now. They think I'm doing drugs and avoiding them. I was going to get extensions over the scar if it was nothing. I just don't want to see my mother cry. It'll make me feel worse than the cancer.

soul's journey
Rating
If your Mother had Cancer would you want to know? How about your best friend? Your friends know something is going on with you and if they are not going to be there for you they are not good friends. You are at an age where peers are so important and it is hard to be different. Your true friends will stand by your side and your family deserves honesty from you. Hard to talk about I/m sure but maybe you can tell a trusted Aunt or Uncle and then sit down with the family and let them tell them if you can't.

thatjazzand_such
Rating
um yeah it kinda is... what if you just end up dead one day and they dont know what happened to you!? you should tell them!

xxxx
Rating
Im so sorry, but think about it, Imagine how they'd feel about u having it, then how about them finding about from sum1 like a doctor, or in an emergency case.
Good Luck on evrything!

j g
it might not be wrong because you dont want to worry no one, but wouldnt you want people that love you to be close to you during your treatment . you are only 22 and im sure there are more wiser people than you, they might be able to help you out more than you need. im sure peple that love you would want to be there to support you and show you love, cancer is a very hard thing to go trough . with all my heart , i wish you the best . ill keep you in my prayers

Terry F
That's pretty negative, you should tell them.

Emilio E
Rating
I have the same question and concern that you have - I wouldn't want my family to suffer but, it sounds like you are already putting them through the ringer - in your situation, it would be hard but, I would let them know one at a time.

Jeebs
If you feel comfortable and stable enuf then keep it to yourself until you find out the results. No need to worry anyone if your not even sure about it. On the otherhand this can be a very stressful and aggrivating time for you and you may need the support of someone. Telling someone you love will not change how they feel for you expecially your immediate family. Maybe just tell one person to get it off your back to relieve stress may be a good idea and then when you find out your cancer free, no worries.

Tinsley
Rating
you should tell them, you don't want them to be shocked later, because they will eventually find out. They will be more hurt later if you don't tell them now

E
Rating
Yes you should after all they are your family and they need to know. That way they can prepare.

cody
it would be a good idea to tell them

fuzzykitty
Rating
And you think your mom will be okay finding out down the road that you didn't care enough to talk to her about it ? supose things go wrong .. do you think that she would not want to be there for you ??? And when you could use some moral support, you shut her out??? Hmm!

apaloosa2
I know it must be hard. But I do think you should tell them. Wouldn't you want to know if someone in your family or a close friend had cancer?

Is it really that much better to have them think you are a druggie? I am sure your mom is upset /crying over that, too.

Plus, if you tell them the truth, they can help you, give you support. They can rally around you and you won't feel so alone in all this.

My mom had lung cancer that had spread to her brain, and it was very hard news to hear. But we loved her (still do) and we rallied around her and gave her support. We went to her treatments with her, etc...

This is a lot for you to handle, but please think about sharing it with your family. They love you and will be there for you, and I think they would be hurt to know you hadn't let them know.

I know your concerned for your mom. And yes, she may cry, but don't underestimate her. Mothers are tougher/can handle more than you think.
Good luck to you in this. God bless.

journeyoferos
Not that it's wrong, but I guess if there's someone who should know your condition, it should be your family.

desperatehw
No, I think it is up to you. You are an adult. But if you find out for certain you do (though I pray you do not) then for your sake and your family's, please tell them.

kajun
I agree with Kyli. No, its not wrong. Wait until you know something for certain. Im certain these are hard days for you and I pray for you. But, dont get in a hurry handing out news that will change everyones lives, especially yours.
As a cancer survivor, I understand your dilemma. Keep the faith.

millington_85
Your family will be hurt that friends were informed and they werent but they will understand that your are scared and worried about them but you still should let them know

♫Jophiel♫
you should tell them if you really do =( bcuz they r very close 2 u & should noe about ur well-being.
Hope u dont have serious cancer tho.

tpowers
Rating
nah it ant just let ur family know so they can try and help u get some better treatment man

pearl
Rating
you need to tell your family, at least your closest family members. Don't keep something like this from mom. Yes they'll cry and be scared but they'll want to support you too.

Linds1982
I don`t think its wrong, but you should probably tell them at some point. But, you may need sometime to accept whatever the results may be. I would wait until the result come back, maybe.

I thoughts are with you!

Kyli S
Rating
First of all, this must be a hard time for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong, and keep faith. As for your family, you don't have to tell anyone if you aren't comfortable doing so. This is your ordeal. You should deal with it at your own pace.

flossie mae
Rating
Please tell them.You need their support and they need to know the truth.My husband had cancer and the support of our family was very helpful.I hope all is well with you.

courtney v
ohh my im sorry yes you need to tell your family what kind of cancer do you have?

mike p
I would have to say that your not giving your family the credit they deserve. Family is very important, show them that by letting them deal with it and help you to cope as well. By hiding it your not reducing the stress in your life, your increasing it, and anyone with Cancer should be reducing stress. I don't think its wrong, i do think its the wrong course of action for trying to deal with the cancer as a whole.

theoriginalquestmaker
Rating
I was worried about telling my family too but it turned out better than I thought it would. It's not wrong to keep the news to yourself but I really think you ought to tell them. If you have to get chemo you are going to need all the support you can get.

anonymous
Rating
"might" dont tell
"DO have it" tell them!
i hope all goes well with you.

bugsysue2
I feel family is our strength. We need to have those around us that love us and will help YOU beat this. I am so sorry for your diagnosis. But remember there is great steps in recovery from cancer.

lisa w
if I understand correctly you know it is brain cancer... if this is true then YES tell them. yes, your mother will cry at first but her strength as well as your other families strength will keep you strong. Support and strength is one thing that keeps cancer patients going. my dad passed away last March with gleoblastomia(closs enough). It is tumors in the brain. The doctor gave him 3 to 6 months. he made it 25 months. i do not think he would have kept fighting if we were not there to support him. So tell them you will need them on your side.

Ruth V
Okay, I think you need to tell at least someone about your health condition. You don't want to worry people, I understand. But, at least a small group of people need to know in case you become ill. And, you shouldn't carry all of this on your own. If you're into a support group....you should go, even if only to listen to what others say.

notalonewithcancer
You are an adult in your own right so you don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to. But speaking as a mother, I would want my son to tell me so I could do all I could to help him thru this. Yes there will be tears, but a mother's tears are out of love and would feel horrible if not given the chance to help see you thru this. Now speaking as a cancer victim, I told my family, to me without their support I don't think I would have made it this far. You need all the support you can get right now, and what better support system then from those who love you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy