Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    STDs
Health Discussion Forum

Is having uncountable bms a sign of HIV?
I have a girlfriend that is having a hard time controlling her BMs. Now its not all the time but she complains of not even knowing that she feels like she needs to go to the bathroom. Sometimes she ...

Is there a web site out there where you can find a list of people who has infected people with AIDS?

If herpes is symptom-free most of the time, how would i know if i am a carrier? or that my boyfriend is?

Aids??? I know this is completly and totally ignorant but ´m freaking out about it!!!...............?
I´me gonna sum up this as much as I can, this hapenned a few months ago, I visited this girl I kissed her hello (and goodbye I think) on the cheek! also I asked for a glass of water, and thats all I ...

What is the solution to HIV pendamic in our society today?
peaple are passing by to eternity daily as a result of HIV AIDS what are the world scientist doing in order to eradicate HIV?...

Can you get herpes from ur partner if he doesnt have it?
Like oral?...

What are the risks associated with French Kissing?

If you was forced to have an STD which one would you pick?
think about this for a really long time.
if you was forced or not forced for that matter to have a STD
which would would you rather have?

or do you want a STD ?

Is HPV life threatening?

Can you get STD's by kissing or hugging somebody???
how?
Additional Details
can you get them by huggin or kissin someone that was a virgin??...

Where did our crabs come from?
Both me and my boyfriend had carbs, but i have only slept with him and he says he hasent slept with any one else, he says you can get them from a toilet seet, it that true?
Additional Details

AIDS and mosquitoes??!!?!?!?
okay so i know that AIDS is transmitted through blood so does it mean that you can get HIV through mosquitoes?...

How long will you be at the clinic for whilst being tested for std's?
also what do they do?...

My mouth is completely covered in cold sores is this herpes?
I have never had this kind of outbreak before. My husband doesn't have herpes I haven't had any signs of herpes until I used my sisters tube of Carmax for chapped lips last week. I had no ...

gregory0303
Testing for syphlis? Is it free and can I only be tested for that?
Can I get tested for it for free? Also can I just test for syphlis and nothing else?

DrM
While I agree there are many clinics, health departments that can "test" for syphilis, make sure you are getting the correct tests done. If you have an actual sore (a chancre), make sure they take a culture of the lesion. If you don't have a lesion, they usually draw a VDRL or an RPR or both. These tests can be positive in active or latent syphilis, but are NOT specific for syphilis. You would nead an FTA-ABS (treponema antibody) test to confirm the diagnosis if the VDRL or RPR are positive.

alaisjones
Rating
See your county health dept. Yes you should be albe to have that test only.

heck45
Rating
Go to a walk in clinic and do yourself a favor and get tested blood and or cultures for the whole shabang (put your mind at ease,knowing what you do and don't have, alot of STD's are curable if found early on like syphlis) Places like walk-in clinics can make arrangements so that you can pay what you can afford then and they will do a payment plan for the rest. Yes you can just get tested for syphlis because they send out blood work specificlly looking for only one thing in that one tube of bood, If lets say you were to want a HIV test too they would take a second vile of blood to test that one vile for it you see. If you send one vile out to be tested they only look for that one thing

jennefur_hp
There should be some free clinics in your area that will test for free and yes you can request to only be tested for syphilis although if you think you have one STD it's always a good idea to get a full check for everything.

bunny h
go to a government clinic they will test for alll stds for free

Juillet
if youre concerned about one STD its better to just go in and get tested for what you can. most of the time they will test for one but can find others if you have it. some STDs come in pairs, if you have one then you may have another. i havent been to a clinic in probably a decade or more and it was free then. seek out your local community clinic and it should be free.

Amanda K
You should be able to go to your local planned parenthood and be screened for free. They will more than likely screen for all STD's at that point, though.

Gary D
Most public health clinics operated by Health & Human Services will test you for free, or very low cost, and it is your own free choice what you choose to be tested for. Check your yellow pages for the local Health & human Services office for your state.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy