Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Can you take two different antibiotics at the same time?
I have been taking amoxicillin 500 mg for several days. This morning I took two trying to avoid the doctors office. I went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with Bronchitis and was prescribed C...

I seem to have chronic bad breath - comes from my chest/stomach area i think-suggestions?

My son 7 complain of chest pain, is this possible?
could it be something serious or just heartburn..he said it in the middle of his chest....

I have white chunks at the back of my throat.?
My doctor told me I am prone to tonsillitis a few years ago, and they are always swollen. Lately there have been white chunks growing inside them. It's like hard, and smells absolutely terrible. ...

What is the health risk of mold from water leaks in a house?

What does passive smoking mean?
What does passive smoking mean?
Additional Details
Im getting different answers... which one is right?!?!...

Why does he kept on looking at my chest?

Is there any one who could tell me where in China a heat transplant is carried out?
i would aprreciate it , if you know an address of e-mail or website ....

Please help!! Sore throat :(?
I woke up this morning with an awful sore throat! :(
I have plans for the whole weekend & I don't want to be feeling like this! Does anyone know anything that will help me quickly?!

Gerd what can i do?

Does anyone use Nyquil Medicine to just sleep?
Does anyone know anyone who uses Nyquil Medicine to just sleep? And if they do, is it harmful? and also, if its ok to just use it to use it to sleep for just 5 hrs?...

Will moving to the seaside sort out my constant mucus hacking?
I don't smoke, eat healthily, not much dairy, exercise regularly, etc. But over the last few years I have to hack up mucus every few hours. The mornings are worst and I find my self wretching ...

A bit of red or blood phlegm in throat cough, itzit normal?
i been coughing very badly for the past few days.. itzit cancer??...

How does a asthma attack happen?
reason im asking is im doing a play for school to raise awarness of childrens diseases and to educate people on how to handle them and my character has a asthma attack and i dont have asthma so i ...

Anyone around who knows about asthma???
hi guys.....

doctors always prescribing me salbutomol inhalers were u have to press done to get the mist however when im in a coughing fit its quite hard to get relief.....has any asthma ...

How can we cure asthma? if it happens to kids. What is immediate releif for it is allopathay is best for it.?

What are the symptoms of pneumonia?
my 10 yr old complains of tight chest and was sleeping all day yesterday threw up yesterday 3 times and is having trouble at times moving around
Additional Details
he had a lowgrade ...

What is pleurisy?

I am a runner and I sneeze badly after a race and continue for about three days. What can I do about it?

Sometimes giving oxygen to a patient can be deadly-when is that a problem?

undercover elephant
What is the outlook for someone diagnosed with COPD?

Additional Details
the patient is 57, she has recently successfully used smoking cessation treatment, but has asthma and high body mass index.

wonderingstar
Their are different stages & you need to be aware of them if someone you know has been diagnosed.
My dad had COPD, he had it for over 30 years. within the last 10 years he started to get really bad with it, he needed a walking stick could not walk more than 50yards without having to stop. in the late stages he couldnt even cook a meal without having to sit down as he did it & use a nebuliser. in december 2006 the drs put him on oxygene. he called me and had a heart to heart with me. he knew he was going. as he always said to me "if they put me on oxygen you know ive not got long" sadly he died on new years eve of this year.
His death certificate reads "cause of death: COPD".

iowntheavenue
First of all, my best wishes for the future.My mum had emphysema, diagnosed in 1996, in 1998 she contracted what we believe was pneumonia, after this spell in hospital which nearly cost her her life she was put on oxygen, {the oxygen would be the death of her a few years later}
It will be a gradual decline over the years with probably a few infections that need hospital treatment. My mum gave in to her disease and became too anxious to go outside, she was on her oxygen practically 24hrs and over the years this became too much for her organs and they became weak. My mum died in September.
But if I can offer any realative or anyone with this disease some reassurance it would be this...We all lived with our own fear of what my mums death would be like..never speaking of it I personally imagined Mum grappling for her last breath, suffocating to death basically...but it was NOTHING like that it was as peaceful and beautiful as death can be..so make the most of the time with your loved one, keep her as active as possible, but listen to her when she says she cant. you can see her www.christine-etherson.memory-of .com

michaela_871965
Rating
My dad was in hospital died with pnemonia we were told he had COPD and he had never really had no signs that he had it so ?????? .

jenkin1950
Am a senior healthcare worker in UK. I'm sure you know the causes and symptoms of COPD, and the treatment (stop smoking, don't contract pneumonia or influenza (get vaccinated), use bronchodilators if necessary, reduce inflammation by using corticosteroids (carefully), avoid dehydration ...) Flare-ups of COPD can be treated with antibiotics. Oxygen therapy helps. So does gentle exercise. Loss of protein can be treated, although it can be expensive.

Dr Frank
COPD is by definition irreversible disease. However once you have stopped smoking the rate of deterioration slows dramatically. The patient should take as much exercise as is physically manageable, this will also help weight loss. Unfortunately though you can neither turn the clock back, nor actually reverse the smoking damage.

confucious says
Rating
same as anyone else just keep taking the tablets i have it myself and been like it 15 years

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy