I have a cold and i want to get better! Please help?

I have the common cold (mucus, cough here and there) and I'm leaving on Friday to NYC for New Year's and I need to get better!!!!! It started a week ago and it wasn't as bad, I was actu...

I have the common cold (mucus, cough here and there) and I'm leaving on Friday to NYC for New Year's and I need to get better!!!!! It started a week ago and it wasn't as bad, I was actually getting rid of it and then this morning, Tuesday (Christmas morning), it got worst!!! What can I do so I can feel better by Friday?

sally
Over the counter medication~zicam
feel better and have a nice trip

Drew B
Rating
id say that you should go to the docter, they can perscribe you some medication or give you over the counter medication (no perscription required). otherwise, i would drink all the water youve got and sleep.... hope i helped.

ªQµY Â
Rating
I think the best way to get better quickly is to see the doctor, maybe you think common cold is nothing , it's no problem only to go beyond the incubation period, so you miss the right time to the doctor,

ripsgracie
Rating
If you can get to your doctor and get a shot of penicillin, that would nip your cold in the bud in a hurry. You may still have to take a decongestant/antihistamine and oral antibiotic to keep your immune system fighting off the dregs of the cold, but you will feel better quickly if the shot is given. If you are given oral antibiotics, always take the complete course (7-14 days) and do not stop them because you are feeling better...there could be that one little germ that will begin to attack again and you will be right back where you started.

Good luck.

NotAFashionVictim
I would go to a doctor. There are some strong medicaments which might make you better (there are some strong ones which also help you get some sleep in the night, ask for them in the drugstore), but a doctor will know what to do.

Just tell him about your situation (you know, new year's eve and everything).

Nedra E
drink orange juice, at least a quart a day
drink hot lemonade.... it will break up the phlegm.
Both the above make your body so acid that the germs won't want to stick around.

Get some extra rest. Sleep is a great healer.

If you keep the phlegm broken up and the nose running loose, you'll heal faster.

Remember, antibiotics do NOT cure viruses.