Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

godlesswander
What happens if you don't blink for long periods of time?
I assume your eyes dry up but does the drying up cause any immediate or lasting damage?
I'm not planning on trying this out by the way. I like my eyes too much.

Pitbulls 4 Palin
Rating
I heard somewhere that if you don't blink for a long period of time and stare straight ahead, you'll see dead people. I've never tried it, but if it does work, I would probably have nightmares for a long time...

Cathy C
your eyes get watery and a cold feeling.

mike g
Did you ever see the ending of Indiana Jones??? Your eyes melt away and head explodes!!!

jen.martin@pacbell.net
Rating
I guess first off your eyes may just get dry or itchy, you blink out of a reflex so your eye lid puts a thin coat of natural lubrication to protect the eye.

Contact Lens King
Blinking is considered an involuntary reflex where it just occurs without thought (kind of like breathing). Voluntary reflex you can control totally, involuntary (for the most part) you do not have control over it. For instance, you can stop yourself from blinking for an extended period of time but you always end up blinking. I am sure if you were able to completely stop yourself from blinking your eyes being dried up would have a long term effect on your sight. Your body lubricates your eyes for protection against foreign objects etc., without this protection your eyes become susceptible to infection and damage potentially having immediate and lasting effects on your eyes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy