Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is it normal to have suicidal thoughts everyday?
I go through bouts of feeling happy and sad but even when i'm happy i still think about them....

My life is going downhill. dr is offerring me antidepressents not sure whether to take them or not.?
everything in my life is crap. Nothing goes right..EVER. I spoke to my gp and recommended antidepressents. I am in a relationship, but its not going great due to my lack of confidence and motivation. ...

Is bi-Polar a real disease or an excuse?
Hi -

I have Bipolar and have noticed some interesting perspectives from the "Mentally Correct" population. Please answers these questions truthfully. Read on...

It ...

I've been depressed for a while now and I've reached a point where I drink myself to sleep. What should I do?

Why am i sad?
Why am i sad i have a decent life but to many mistakes and no one beleives me what do i ...

Just help me please...?
i'm not one of those people that ask everyone if i'm fat. i keep it held inside. i know im not obese, but i feel so uncomfortable with my weight. once i eat i fell depressed and if i gain a ...

Help... i'm 19 and have no ambition motivation goals or direction in life...?
Like it said, i feel like i'm not going anywhere. All i do is work, suft the net, make out, and party sometimes.. I have 2 years of college done. But i have no idea where i see myself in 5 or 10 ...

What do you like the most about yourself?
self image......

Self-harm?
i've been self harming for 4 years (i'm 16). i managed to stop it for about a few months. but because i'm so stressed out, i'm tempted on harming myself again. i am punching ...

Am I depressed?
I am really down lately. My marriage is in trouble, my son is disabled and it is difficult at times, I lost a great paying job and now work for much less and I just feel like everything is down on me....

Very Confused, And Attention Starved?
Okay, long story. I'll shorten it down. Aparrently, I'm attention starved. I've got the bad habit of telling everyone my inner thoughts and feeling. I also over react to everything. N...

I need your help. My boyfriend is an addict?
My boyfriend is an addict, and he just expects me to not fuss about the drugs. He is addicted to crack cocaine and ecstacy and he has been to rehab seven times, but each time he comes out, two weeks ...

Do i have a mental disorder?
I am a 15 year old girl.
I often think that my friends don't really want to be friends with me. I feel like they just feel sorry for me. I also start fights with them for no reason. I like ...

COULD I BE DEPRESSED?
most people describe me as a funny, smart and pretty girl but recently ive been crying constantly and i feel isolated and so alone. i hav tried 2talk to a friend but she kind of disregards it and ...

Depression?
I Suffer from social anxiety disorder and its interfering with my life
well.. i have no life lol because of it my mums gona fone my doctor and try and get me a phsychiatrist or something to help ...

Tell me why my husband blames all his bad behavior on being bipolar - isn't he ever to blame for hurting me?
Ever since my husband was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, all of his bad, even abusive behavior gets blamed on the lack of meds before treatment, porblems with meds since treatment, or just the ...

What makes u happy?

Anyone out there with excessive anxiety?
I have an anxiety disorder (Anxiety NOS) and I had a really bad day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Additional Details
Yes, I do know what NOS means. (Not otherwise ...

This is really weird what do you think it is?
right i have this crazy nonsense talking voice in my head
and it keeps claiming this guy is my son (i know weird)
and this guy certainly is not (hes 20 years older than me)
hes the ...

Should I admit myself to the hospital?
I'm crying & very depressed....

catzrme
Why should I live?
Cancer, bankruptcy, more surgeries, lost son, mental health declining, no friends, parents distanced, no professional help
Additional Details
no money, too disabled to work, no significant other, no pet, debt, medical bills everywhere

minister1_2002
Rating
cause god loves you and we can do all things through christ who strengthens us take it to the lord in prayer you might njust be surprised god bless and take care dont give up

rgustavw
Rating
You should live because you don't get another chance to live. Even if things are not what you want them to be, you have been given the opportunity of life. If you add the area you are in to your details, I'll provide a couple of suggestions. You should live because life is worth living, not for money or people, but for life.

theresa kay
Rating
Just take day by day. Thank god everyday that you are here anoher day. Dont worry about the medical bills they will be here when your not. Do the best you can do and be happy with that. Good Luck with your cancer.

harry rav
please dont kill your self or hurt urself, please dont, u have an great life, ur gunna die at one point but for now just live life. GO CALL SOMEONE, GET HELP!

god bless you and please please odnt hurt your self,
BEST WISHES

u need a BIG HUG

freethrashing
Rating
Everything happens for a reason!When life is at it's absolute worst remember God has a plan.....Keep your head up and press on......Everything will make sense in time!

Keshia R
There is always a reason to live even if you can't thin of one just keep hope alive and i realize that's easier said than done but it's true. there are many survivors of cancer and they wont kill you for your bills, as for the loss of a loved one that is irreplaceable but wouldn't he want you to be happy, for him?

chihuahua mama
Rating
I am sorry you are going thru such a hrd time in your life. Do you have any other kids? Find something you love so much that you do not want to leave that person, pet, whatever behind and fight to keep yourself from getting so down that life does not feel worth living. I am fightting the same thing right now. The reason I stick around is my dogs. They are really the only things that I have that make life bearable.

lucy02
Hugs, Cat. Things sound really bad for you now, to put it mildly,
but things can turn around. Don't give up. As long as there is life there is hope.

awesomeannie
life is great just talk time to enjoy what you DO have

native,pride
Rating
aww shyt its happen to me too all in last 3 years..sometimes i think not to go to radiation or take my meds,,just give up...i think ur my sister

three6ty
Rating
Because whether you know it or not, there is someone, at least one person out there who cares about you. And it wouldn't be fair to them for you to stop living.

jtheisen79
Life STILL outways all of the negative things you mentioned.

Steve-E-Z
Rating
A cup of coffee and the Sunday paper. A good glass of wine. A Sunny day and a walk outdoors. Going to a movie. Going out to dinner. And on and on....

wrtrchk
Because you are not alone. There are many others who are in your condition or worse and they have faith. I know it doesn't make sense now, but every painful thing that you're going through is for a reason. Your life in its current state is the beginning of your testimony. If you don't believe that things will start looking up for you soon, then you're wrong. You may not know it but everything that you do effects others. God said that He'll never put more on us than we can bear. You can fight this and win. I know you're heart is heavy, I know you feel alone, but you're not. I've already prayed for you and your family, and if you haven't done so, I suggest you start. If you don't know how, just talk. He will hear you and listen, and help. You are going to be blessed whether you believe it or not. You will be released from the bondage of illness, the bondage of debt, and the bondage of loneliness. I've been there. When I didn't know how I was going to eat, and how I was going to get out of debt, or get medication. God came through as I prayed and decided to fight back and stay strong. Yes, it felt like it was one thing after the other. But I couldn't do anything but stand and trust God. And He stepped in as He always does. Just like He will for you. You haven't come this far for nothing.

smilingsoda
because no matter how bad it seems. life has a weird way of surprising you.

PaRaDoX
I am sorry. I am sorry that you are experiencing this and I want you to know that there are people who care. I realize that you are short of money and so you can probably not afford a psychologist. If there is any way you might find

If you still have loved ones, please open yourself up to them. If you don't, talk to someone online. Bottling up feelings is never a good thing.

It might seem like there is nothing else to live for, but you should hang in there. You can opt to give up and not have any more surgeries. No one can obligate you, and I'm not saying you should, but it is a chance many people take.

Here is a link for you that I found. You might find the information helpful:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping

Best wishes.

pink crayons
Rating
God is testing you. Things WILL get better. wait and see

Saffernellie
Why not? I am in the same situation as you, friend. It's a struggle to shove food into yourself and pay just to have a roof over your head.
Have hope! There IS a reason we are still here. We love you!!!

Kristin :]
things may seem bad, but the more you focus on the bad things and not the good youre life wont get any better. Have fun, go somewhere and make new friends, enjoy life. You only get to go around once so live each day to the fullest. Ive learned that very well. Ive seen over 15 teens die in my area in the past year, from my high school. It taught me that tomorrow isnt promised so you have to live each day to the fullest or else you wasting youre own life. God gave you a life and its your decision how you live it, so live it well.

Laura D
Rating
First let me say that you should live because you are an important person whether you want to admit it or not. My God doesn't make any junk!!!! Second it sounds to me like you are focusing more on all the bad things in your life instead of focusing on the good things in your life. It will be very hard at first but you can do it. You also need to look into getting some professional help. Don't worry about not having the money to pay for it. There are tons of places that offer free counseling. Get with your local Health Department and they will be able to give you a list of places that offer free counseling. Help is out there you just have to be willing to take the first step in getting it. They aren't going to come knock on your door and find you. In order to do that you have to really want it. It sounds to me like you do. Just have some faith in yourself and you can overcome this. Good luck!!!

Myaloo
This is what I have to tell myself.
"Think of the people that would have to come to you funeral.Think of the people that would have to pay for your funeral...."
Find an organization that can help you with your physical stress.As for mental stress I'm trying to find that answer myself.
good luck,and hang in there.I know you can.

robertrobinson7
The reason we are Born, into this live is because we all have a mission, before we past away to the next level in life. If you kill your self what are you going to tell God? I don't think he would be to happy with you. Just hang in, don't give up. BE Strong, i know you can beat this bad luck, it will go away in time. Take care:)

Ormoz
Rating
what brings happiness? I think happiness do not depend on the current status of us but, solely on the PROGRESS we are currently making.
when I get depressed(and in most times it is so hard that I think of suicide), try to rethink about my condition, see what opportunities I have and what I can do to make things better and suddenly depression will go.
I have found that when I think "I have no control over my condition" depression comes and when I find something to do and thus the feeling that "I have no control on my life" will fade away, depression goes.
and finally, It is the interpretations of the events that matters not the events themselves.

Gina
Rating
baby you need GOD trust me there is someone worse off than you please pray to god and ask for forgiveness for you sins and ask him to change your situation trust me he can

missktbop
Rating
God love you... I will be your friend. besides, it can't get any worst, right, so the only place you have to go from here is up.
Please don't think bad thoughts like that. there are ways to get free professional help. forget about your bills, they will never go away. focus on getting healthy. Get a pet. Call someone to talk to.
Good luck!

Jenn S
Because there are people that would die inside if you were to pass away. Especially by your own hand. Email me...I dont have a degree in psychiatry, but I know a lot about it through reading. I will listen and talk with you as much as I can, and maybe we can become friends. I want to tell you first, I do not pity you. I feel an ache in my heart that you would consider suicide, because I know how hopeless things can be at times....or rather, how they seem. I suffer from something else entirely, but I can relate on another level to your pain. Please, before you hurt yourself, contact me. Say whatever you need, whatever you want....I'll listen. I'll give you advice if you ask, or want it. But please, consider contacting anyone, before making an exit that would inevitably kill some people inside. We are all loved more than we know, by many more people than we could ever imagine. I wish you all the best, health, help, light, love, happiness, peace, but more than anything, HOPE. All my heart, Jenn S. My email is trukchik99@sbcglobal.net, please, consider contacting me. If Im only a shoulder to lean on...Id be honored.

chiquita958
Rating
I feel your pain, honey. I am in just about the same boat, but I have lost 2 children to miscarriage and have absoulutely no chance of trying again. I ask myself that every day.
The thing is, though that God has placed you here for a reason. You are here to serve a purpose and when you have done your duty he will come for you. You haven't done He wants for you yet.
Think about it this way, you're already at the bottom, so there's really nowhere else to go but up. Wait and see what happens when you go up.

TATT2
Why should you die....???????

Renee F
Life is so precious, inspite of all that you going thru there is hope at the end of your rope. Just when you thought/think that the water is about to flood your mind,Think on these words. The lord will never forsake you....all that you are going thru is just God testing you to see just how strong your faith is. The test is that you are still here inspite of all that mess!. You think not living is the answer to your problems,I beg to differ with you. This too shall pass,You are in a dry place cast all of your woes unto him for he will surely work it out.Look at the people who survived KATRINA..........don't tell me you can't make it.

Steve M
It sounds like it can't get any worse. Hang around awhile longer and see what happens. Why throw away the chance for one more magical moment of life? You have suffered so much that one day, someone will be able to learn a great deal from you and maybe that will make it all worthwhile. We all die. Wait it out. You never know what you might miss.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy