Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What is a good way to get over being crabby?
I just woke up feeling a little crabby this am. I took a muscle relaxer last night and I have cramps. I have A LOT to do this morning so I need to get going.
Additional Details
I am ...

What do you do when You just cant stand life no more?
what do you do when your so fed up, stuck in a rut, your life is falling apart, and all that keeps you going is ...

How can I stop my suicidal thoughts?
I'm trying to be happy, but lately i've been really sad

Help!!
Additional Details
I'm 17 and i think i have HIV(i'm too scared to get tested) and this is ...

Do you think I should get a job even though I suffer from depression, anxiety, and am morbidly obese?
I am 5'5" and 316 lbs and am losing weight, finally. You see, my hub works 2 jobs and it's hard just keeping the house clean cuz I get so obsessed over everything. I was on here a few ...

What is a good book filled with drama....like drugs..alcohol.?
i need a good book that i can stick with! will someone please help me with this!...

I feel life isnt worth living?

What cheers you up when your feeling low?

DEPRESSiON! mAYBE SUICIDEE??HELP!!!!!!!!11?
I have alot of issues- a parent had cancer, i get teased sometimes, i drink, i get in alot of trouble at school, im fat, my brother beats me up and verbally abuses me calling me a shitfaced, ugly ****...

Is it "normal" behavior" for one's husband to kiss the wife of his really good friend on the lips?
We recently spent a week out of state visiting a couple out of state with whom my husband has been friends for over 20 years. They're like "family" to each other. I had never met the ...

What do you do when you are bored?
I get really bored at night time, and I can not sleep. I can be extremely tired, but I just can't fall asleep. I can not think of things to do when I am able to go do things. It is like my whole ...

Why am i feeling like this??
Am 21, been single now for the past 5 mnthz,work full time as a waitress (isnt the best job in the world but its ok), I have loadza friends and family that love me and my life isnt all that bad. So ...

Do you get emotional?
Do you get more emotional as you get older?

Either you do, or I'm heading for a breakdown!!
Additional Details
It seems the younger ones say it's less emotional, the ...

Can anybody read this Med. Prescription?
My doctor gave me this today, and I wont be able to go to the pharmacy till Friday. But before getting the meds, I wanted to read up on it (its medicine for depression ) but I cant make out the words....

Why shouldn't I just go ahead and put a bullet in my brain?
I've suffered from depression for 7 years now. I've had plenty of therapy, I've been on every combination of drugs possible (on what works best now), and I understand depression more ...

I have absolutely NO self confidence at all. Please help?
I guess I am average looking. I've heard that all girls want a guy with self confidence. I currently have a girlfriend and I like her ALOT, but I don't want to lose her because I have no ...

Does anyone else self-harm?
I currently self-harm by cutting my arms/legs with razor blades. I really want to stop but don't know how. I don't deal with stress well which is why I do it. I get a release when I'...

How you deal with depression????
just dont put to go to a Special place to be treated because i dont want ...

Is this normal?
I hate eating ketchup on food (fries, hot dogs, etc) but I like to drink it out of the bottle....

My 64 year old dad is an alcoholic and needs a place to live, he has lost everything and basically is homeless
1st don't say get him help, he will not take it, once he lived at a state park in his truck to avoid help for alchol but straightened up and started a business then drank it away...my father is 6...

Can someone help me with my sadness?
I have Borderline Personality Disorder. No matter what happens, good things, bad things, I cannot be happy about anything. I am always sad. No motivation. I am fat. I cannot seem to lose weight. I ...

mark p
What is the secret to letting go and really being calm?

crudhouse
If you sequester youself in a place that doesn't have things that bombard your senses every millisecond you mind has a chance to get away from the things that bug you. Another way is to find out what you really want...as in make sure you make decisions on problems that are troubling you. Figure out which options is the best for you for each problem to reduce stress and strain so that your mind can stop worrying all the time. Another method might be for you to change your vocation to something that places less stress on your mind.

truth
a smoke and a cup of tea, yeah baby yeah

egger
Rating
i wish I knew... AHHHHAHHHHHH!

The Kings
Rating
There is no doubt that letting go of things and not feeling anxiety from them is hard. You have to keep tellling yourself that my worring about it cannot change it. It hard to let go of that control. When you say to yourself" Well I cant do a damn thing to change this Im going to move on" you feel better, I know I do. Try to keep a middle ground..dont give up on everything a go into a depression but try to leave the control up to god, fate, destiny..whatever ideal you follow. You cant be perfect nor have perfection sometimes and its a hard life lesson to adquire...to be humble. GL!

K R
It's called Meditation. Becoming one with yourself and your creator too.

b30954
Rating
Stress is natural. Whenever anything happens, it's a stresser. Not all stressers are bad; stress, even the most miniscule amount, is just what happens to your body when you do something. Even when you take a warm bath, the feel of the warm water is interacting with your body; that interaction is a stress.

Stress is normally thought of as bad word, and for good reason. Most people go through so much of it during the day, and they need to experience something that causes that low stress level (like a warm bath) to allow their high stress levels to disipate.

So, how to stay calm? Well, you can only be calmer. Even if you don't have really high stress levels to worry about, the lack of those high stressers causes you to notice the medium stressers. Take away the medium stressers, and you notice the low stressers. There is no such thing as no stress. Even taking away low stressers makes you notice miniscule stressers; the sound of your breathing; the wind; those tiny interactions that help drain high stress levels. Think about it; when all you do is laze around; you get impatient, antzy; even those miniscule stressers build up.

I think the key is self-control. Teaching yourself to stay calm, or at least appear calm. And teaching yourself to appear calm, believe it or not, will help you feel calm. And as you appear to handle more stress, it feels better to do so, you *are* calmer. Well, at least it works for me. I didn't even notice that it had happened until I started getting compliments on my patience. Then I noticed how impatient some others seemed.

Now, at first, I had to work on physical stress relief; time alone in a bathroom, ranting to friends, talking to family. Since my stress was about my kids, I had to realize that I was so stressed because my kids were acting out; and they were acting out because I wasn't disciplining them consistently. And I was leaving off disciplining them because I should never spank them while I'm angry, which I was doing an awful lot. Vicious cycle? I started using time outs. Time out gave them not only time away from their own stressers, giving them time to calm down, but it did the same thing for me.

You'll just have to experiment, at first. Figure out what works for you in your own situation; what works for me, at home, will not work for you at work.

Treat
meditation to train your thoughts

teacherman
Rating
Well, the best thing is to 'not take anything personally'. Figure out who you are and what you believe and stick to it. Don't be offended by what others say or do.

dodds
Rating
It helps if you have somebody to talk to!

Hitman
medication

newyorkgal71
Rating
Meditation may help.

wrdsmth1771
It is just a state of mind . If you can lay hands on a translation of the Bhagwad Gita, which is a hindu book of philosophy you can read the answer yourself. If not just practice by first mentally detaching yourself from the thing you like most. You will realize that absolut happiness lies not in acquiring what you want nbut in not wanting anything.! When you have absolutely no desires you will have eternal bliss!

latinrn2002
realizing that control is an illusion.....you cannot expect someone to act as you would in any given situation....and ask yourself ....when I am lying on my deathbed is this going to matter?
This usually puts it all in prospective for me

mrs.dynomite
prayer and LOTS of chocolate LOL

Barbie Girl
For me, its a bottle of Pinot Grigio but hey, I wouldnt advise it as an every day occurance lol!!!

whatwhatwhat
Rating
yell SERENITY NOW

bernardine_kriss
Simple.Inhale with good thoughts and exhale with the bad thoughts floating away.Oh and 1 more thing smile.not a smirk but a smile of gratitude cos you're burning karma.

HeartlessClown
Rating
alcohol.

redneckwoman
You could try yoga. You can get yoga books at your local library or search the web. If that doesnt work for you ask your doctor for stress relievers.

brina
Rating
scream everything you hate out loud and gett rid of all the garbage that is bugging you and then you will feel nice and calm

jojo78
Rating
smoke the dope baby!

stella9everytime
Rating
I find that with any issue that I am worrying about, I apply this theory - tomorrow this issue will matter less, next week this issue will matter hardly any at all and next year I will have totally forgotten about this issue. After all, can anyone remember what they were worrying about last week or last year? This helps me put worries into perspective and remain calm.

awarriorandapoet
Rating
Meditation has helped me in a big way. I used to have a bad temper and was pretty stressed out about alot of things in my life.

But you have to be serious with it, and don't expect an overnight success. Search the web or read some books on the subject and find the technique that is right for you.

Amanda C
Learning to breath properly. And trying to empty your mind.

iluvcowboys89
Rating
Go into your room....Turn on some music...Turn it so loud you can't hear your self thinking then SCREAM your head off!! I myself turn up Simple Plan's "Welcome to my life" Scream at whatever your worrying about or whoever is pissing you off..This REALLY helps me...My mama always asks me why i'm so layed back and calm...LoL...Try it...= ) = ) = ) = ) Sammi

Begbie
Rating
Stop giving a ****, works wonders

rodmod
The secret is to let go of what is bothering you by accepting that whatever it is aint worth the head space. ie:sitting up all night worrying or thinking about someone chances are that person is sound asleep,none of us is that important so next time think is it worth the head space.

trolleydolley
You have to put everything into perspective. For example, if a stranger has annoyed you with a random comment, just think about what's important to you and how much it matters. This will help you to get your priorities straight. You've also got to think to yourself, "they might be having a rough time at the moment" too. Once you've sorted out in your head what really matters to you, it should be easy enough to let the small things in life that annoy you pass you by!

biglove1
i dont know butif you ever find out let us in on the secret

chimichanga
xanax

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy