Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

POLL: How do you deal with stress in your life ?
Thank you....

Does my wife suffer from some kind of mental affliction?
Long story short. happy loving couple get married. All is well. 6 years later after 2 beutiful kids wife starts to change. Becomes less loving and affectionate. Surrounded by loving husband, parents, ...

OK, I admit it: I'm bored. Bored with life. Bored of being alone and bored of being broke.?
I'm a loner, but I've always been able to keep myself occupied/distracted, with music, books, films, and recently, keeping fit. These days I'm feeling restless in the evening, less ...

Has anyone ever quit smoking weed? has your life changed for the better?
Sometimes I think smoking weed has made me kinda lazy....

I think i need professional help for depression, but im to scared to tell anyone?
Well. im to scared to even tell my friends, boyfriend, sister, or parents. i don't know why... :( i cut myself sometimes but then i hide them. (thinking someone will notice and talk to me but ...

What is this called? HELP!!!?
Sometimes I feel like I want to die and I feel worthless. Some days I feel just fine. On the days I feel horrible its really bad. I've been on anti depressants and anxiety meds. What's ...

HELP! AH! SUICIDeE????
ok. thank you for trying to help me.
Well I am a middle school student. I have alot going on in my life.
My mom had cancer.
My brother insults me on a 24/7 hour basis.
At school ...

What should you do after youve done everything in life?
and you have no family N when you try to help everyone to make good of your life but people think your wacko N dont like you?...

What is a good way to get over being crabby?
I just woke up feeling a little crabby this am. I took a muscle relaxer last night and I have cramps. I have A LOT to do this morning so I need to get going.
Additional Details
I am ...

What do you do when You just cant stand life no more?
what do you do when your so fed up, stuck in a rut, your life is falling apart, and all that keeps you going is ...

How can I stop my suicidal thoughts?
I'm trying to be happy, but lately i've been really sad

Help!!
Additional Details
I'm 17 and i think i have HIV(i'm too scared to get tested) and this is ...

Do you think I should get a job even though I suffer from depression, anxiety, and am morbidly obese?
I am 5'5" and 316 lbs and am losing weight, finally. You see, my hub works 2 jobs and it's hard just keeping the house clean cuz I get so obsessed over everything. I was on here a few ...

What is a good book filled with drama....like drugs..alcohol.?
i need a good book that i can stick with! will someone please help me with this!...

I feel life isnt worth living?

What cheers you up when your feeling low?

DEPRESSiON! mAYBE SUICIDEE??HELP!!!!!!!!11?
I have alot of issues- a parent had cancer, i get teased sometimes, i drink, i get in alot of trouble at school, im fat, my brother beats me up and verbally abuses me calling me a shitfaced, ugly ****...

Is it "normal" behavior" for one's husband to kiss the wife of his really good friend on the lips?
We recently spent a week out of state visiting a couple out of state with whom my husband has been friends for over 20 years. They're like "family" to each other. I had never met the ...

What do you do when you are bored?
I get really bored at night time, and I can not sleep. I can be extremely tired, but I just can't fall asleep. I can not think of things to do when I am able to go do things. It is like my whole ...

Why am i feeling like this??
Am 21, been single now for the past 5 mnthz,work full time as a waitress (isnt the best job in the world but its ok), I have loadza friends and family that love me and my life isnt all that bad. So ...

Do you get emotional?
Do you get more emotional as you get older?

Either you do, or I'm heading for a breakdown!!
Additional Details
It seems the younger ones say it's less emotional, the ...

RAJIMATHI
What is the easiest way to remembering the things?
Day today things are forgetting often and unwanted things are in our memory with out forget. How to overcome this habit? is there any procedure to practice?

hemant p
Rating
try to forget that.

Sunseeker
write it down and say it out loud as you do. Close your eyes and repeat it over and over until it becomes engrained in your memory. Use coloured pens so that you get to associate different colour with different subject... you will them be able to visualise it better in your mind

catherinecatchooky
When I was studying for exams at college, I'd copy out what I wanted to remember, read it once and then get someone to test me on it.
Although I think that it's different for everyone

Stars-Moon-Sun
get yourself a tape recorder and record yourself. When you forget, go back and listen. :)

Top Cat
Rating
repeat whatever it is over and over, like write what you want to remember and read it often

the memory makes a 'loop' of the information and eventually it is 'recorded'

Andreea g
I would say that the most efficient and easy way to remember is to learn the thing you want to remember.

Memories are acquired from something that happened to us and involve our senses. If you have a memory that did not involve sight, sound, smell, touch or taste then I don't know how you got it.
The reason we forget or remember is emotions.We remember things that we like or dislike very much.So, the reason we remember "unwanted things" as you called them is because they had a very big impact on us. And if the wanted thing is deleted from our mind without our approval is because they had not mush emotional importance to us or they might have been too common. Also, it's very important to see, hear or say the thing that you want to remember for at least 45 seconds (in the case of seeing and hearing) or 2-3 times(in the case of saying).
And it would probably be good if you could associate in your head a key word with the thing you want to remember.When trying to remember a thought, attach something meaningful to it.

smilie_girly_2002
Good nutrition and adequate exercise may be the best therapy for preventing of forgetting and or delaying Alzheimer's disease.

Recognize the real symptoms of the how and what things You forget easyly..and maybe You can do some more research Yourself...and of course, writing things down on a post-it or billboard is and can be a great help...aswell notes in Your memory blog of Your computer with a set up alarm...wink..
here something that might help aswell to recognize or not Your forgetness...

http://www.etraveldictionary.com/Term.php?term=Alzheimer's%20%20%20&dictID=3&gclid=CL7Ix4PB64UCFSBSQgod6WL5vA

coralia aka Smilie Girly

venus
Rating
A little trick is to associate what you want to remember with one word. for example if you wish to remember something from history draw a time line so then all the facts are associated to the date they happened. Or if its a definition of something is focus on the main word in the definition. For example if you want the definition of an email the main part is that it is electronic. Mostly remembering things are mainly about repeating the fast so they go into your long term memory and understanding them because it is useless learning facts if you don't know how to apply them when answering a question!

qbalka
write them down

Rachel
As other people have suggested - write things down. But you also need to get into 'good habits'.

For example:
Carry a notebook, and keep ckecking it / writing down new information.
Build things into your daily routine, so you remember to do them
Always keep things in the same place, and always put things back

Above all, don't panic about not being able to remember things - If you are anxious you will forget things, so relaxing is likely to make your memory better.

ddivvi
Erase the unwanted thoughts, deal with issues which always run in back of your mind. Concentrate on present. Think / Listen carfully. Understand it thoroughly. Clarify queries if any. Maintain a diary/book. Note down points. Revise them.

pinkykeays
write them down and stick the piece of paper to ur forehead............

Ivor H
Rating
Make the things you need to remember into a story like - a phone number I use different objects to relate to different numbers eg 0= hole 2=shoe 1= bun and 4= squirrel ( it has 4 paws... it complicated I'll explain another time)

so 421= a squirrel (4)with one shoe (2) on is eating a bun(1)

and so on until I have lots of different storeys or images that relate to different people and their phone numbers. I never need a phone book.

Raju.K.M
Rating
should have interest..then u wont forgett anything.

Peter Pan
Rating
to not forget them!

BTW, love the category!

SweetyPie
Rating
I repeat everything I want to remember three times while really concentrating on what I say. Works for me!

misty
write it down and keep it some were that you will remember what you have wrote down there is no point in writing it down unless you remember what you have written down

alter_tygo
Rating
get a calendar and write stuff down in it.

or make word association or a song.

my sister couldn't remember our phone number, so i made up a song for her. she has never forgotten that number and that was 10 years ago!

♥мαи∂ιѕ♥
Rating
Right it down on a peice of paper in a notebook or just on a plain peice of paper. If you are gonna remind your self to get something write that down and put it somewhere where you can see it and remind your self each time.

The_Answerer
Rating
Write it on your hand!

zoeksalamander
Rating
Have them tattooed on your body, like that guy from Memento!

Answers Anyone
Rating
The mind is said to work better in remembering things when it is put into a rhyme or song/jingle. It is not actually the rhyming itself or words that helps you to remember – but the melody. To remember something such as a name or math formula, exactly, word for word, get yourself in the habit to make a rhyme or song from the information. Since humans are wired to remember music and its associations, setting facts to music can dramatically help you remember them. Seems silly, but true.

drgn grl
when I have something I want to remember I repeat it to myself numerous times.like...
REMEMBER
(blablabla..)
then a while later do it again a few times
My mom had a problem she could never remember IF she unplugged her curling iron, it drove her nuts
so when I use mine and unplug it I tell myself
OK you unplugged it.it is UNPLUGGED
now I never drive myself nuts...
alright..maybe once in a while.

Pegasus90
For the forgetting - I use a dictaphone (digital).

For the remembering unwanted things, meditation and self-forgiveness.

For the loss of memory, get your blood sugar checked. It could be a symptom of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)

Angel
Rating
link what you want to remember with an image in your head.
or, set a reminder in your mobile phone, thats what I do, my memory is terrible!
I also put a post-it note with my car keys if I need to remember to take something somewhere

mkaamsel
The best way is to repeat it often, and without distractions. When you are distracted, this is no use. Besides, repeating at a ever increasing interval helps, like after an hour, a day, a week and then a month.

But I think we should change out attitude with times. There was a time, when there were limits to what one needed to remember. In today's time, one should try and use the brain more as a CPU rather then a Hard disk

Rahul D
Rating
There are many forms of meditation which allow you to do this. One good way is to practice observing all thoughts that come into your head, without identifying with them in any way. Imagine your mind as a cinema screen on which all thoughts are projected, and simply observe them. This will eventually give you enough awareness of your own mind to allow the selection and removal of unwanted thoughts voluntarily.

wilabgnehs
Rating
..tie a knot on your little finger or wear something that'll help remind you of what you need to remember..
..or,you could also save it in your mobile and set an alarm for it..
..that usually works for me..=)

well wisher 1
Rating
Well its a common problem of one and all, so at the begining of day try to make a list of things you need to do , then start your day , for some days you will have to refer to the list to check if everything is done and by this practice you will get used to remember what you need to and then you can do away with making the list.
If your question was refering to remembering studies, then you will have to do quality studies and not quantity, what I mean is study for short and fixed hours per day, read slow and try to understand, after completing a topic , just relax and try to recollect how much you can remember, then crosscheck what did you miss, read that stuff once more. Try to revise the read topic in a weeks time with the same procedure and you will remember studies for your lifetime.This method takes time to give results but you will have to keep patience and be persistent. Good Luck.

super_star
Rating
when you need to remember something. associate it with something common.

for example.. you need toothpaste, so the minute you notice you have run out, start singing the colgate ad in your head all day.. you will definately buy toothpaste before you get back home.

This practice has a name, but you will have to google for further info.

madison018
Rating
write them down, say it to yourself while you're writing it down, then repeat it out loud after you're written it down, and be aware that you're trying to remember.

practicing memory skills can definatley lengthen your short term memory.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy