Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is a messy house a sign of depression?
i often wonder when i see these programmes about how clean is your house, wether kim and aggie think about the people who are living this way

could they be depressed,

what do ...

Do YoU WaNt To DIE TONIGHT?
WELL?
Additional Details
ME NO

YOU ALL SURE LOL...

When you're tired but you know you won't be able to sleep?
You know you wont be able to go to sleep, because too much on your mind. what is your solution?
Additional Details
i'm sleepy now....

Has this happened to you?.?
I have had my laptop for five months which i bought to play online bingo and Ebay.Yesterday i got a message popup saying WARNING-You have 624 adult images and URL files in your machine,just to verify,...

Ever feel like getting in your car and just driving just to see where it will take you.?
was wondering if this is a good way to clear your ...

I am a depressed teen all the time, i hurt so bad and have noone to talk to and no doctor what do i do?

Additional Details
Well, my daddy died last year.I have tried sucidie 2 and the only person i trusted told everybody and made fun of ...

I died 5 minutes ago, how do I get back to life?

How do i help a crack addict get clean?
he's already been to rehab more times than i can count. I am beginning to think that this friend is lost forever. What do you think?...

How can I get over my Anxiety issues?
Hey all,

I honestly never thought I would post something like this on a message board, but I feel like I'm out of options.

2 weeks ago, My girlfriend of 2 years and I ...

Why English drive in the wrong lane?
perchè gli Inglesi guidano nella corsia sbagliata?...

No more "self harming" myself.....?
In 7th grade I started to cut. Then I stopped that cuz I got into eraser burns my freshman year. I realized that there was no reason why I should be doing that and quit all "self harm" in N...

Help Me!!!?
One of my best friends is trying to kill herself by cutting her arms and legs.Is their anything i should do or should i just leave her alone???...

Do you have any kind of phobia?
I'm terrified of mosquitoes and crane flies >.>!...

How do I tell my parents that I cannot go back to school yet?
I just had Christmas break and I fly back to school tomorrow. They recently told me that they noticed that I was depressed and that they were worried. They said that I shouldn't go back yet and ...

Is this considered child abuse?
i am 13 yrs old
my mom calls me bad words, slaps me across the face, throws me out of the house, and yells at me all because i haven't cleaned my room
i cry and feel depressed after ...

Where would I go to get a lobotomy?
I am bored with abstract thought and long for a simpler less confusing life. Who would I talk to about getting a lobotomy?...

What is wrong with me?
I am sad all the time. I dont like to do anything i used to do... or anything at all i dont even want to skateboard and a few months ago it was all i ever did and i am allways turning down ...

Should people with mental illness or addiction have children?
So you think it is morally and ethically correct for someone with a mental illness or an addiction to have children, when there is a chance they could pass on the trait/tendancy to this illness to ...

Why do people cut themselves?
on tv you hear about teenagers cutting themselves. why do they do it?...

What do you fear the most??

Jessica S
Suicide thoughts?
Ever since I was twelve I have thoughts almost everyday of commiting suicide. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Father's Day, but I still have those thoughts. I have a thing against shrinks, so I was wondering if anyone had any way to get over this feeling without medical help.
Additional Details
I love my daughter with all of my heart, which is why I am asking for advice to not feel like this anymore.

counterstriker_gta
Do you want to commit suicide, or just think about it?

Haley&hearts
talk to someone you can trust about this

cruisechloe
You could call the suicide hot line in your state and speak with someone there. These hot lines are designed to help people who are desperate and have suicidal thoughts.

jampetpaul
Rating
the first thing you must do is speak to someone, anyone, about these feelings. anyone you can trust- a friend, gp, partner, relative, especially if you have just given birth, as your hormones could be making everything more complicated.
please do not go through this alone, you have far too much at stake. If you have a sympathetic doctor, they will be great at discussing the options with you. As the horrendous suicide rate in ireland shows, suicidal thoughts are extremely common and, sadly, far too often acted upon.
please consider talking to someone= noone will judge you, they will just be happy that you did and gave them the chance to help you before it's too late. what about the samaritans?

Jamiep6
Rating
I once had a thing against shrinks but then life became so overwhelming that I finally decided to at least try. I go about once a month or every 2 months. It wasnt what I expected at all. it did help, and you can contact your local health dept, and they can tell you where to go for FREE help. (thats what I did). You had a child at a very young age, and your body is still developing mind and all. Go talk to someone, it really will help.

bt
Rating
some people believe st. john's wort (an herb) helps depression. i wouldn't use it if you're breastfeeding though. you don't have to see a psychiatrist to get antidepressant medications... you can get them from your regular doctor, or even your OB if you tell them about it. your thoughts are not normal, and you'd benefit from at least talking to a couselor or health care worker about them. find someone you feel comfortable with. you're also at risk for post-partum depression, which can intensify your baseline depression. for the sake of yourself, and your daughter, you really should talk to someone about this. good luck.

Albondigas
Rating
Analyze why you're having those thoughts. Why aren't you happy? Or is it just a fascination with suicide? Maybe if you try to break it down, you'll see the flaw .

dumbassblondey
well i have been told that if you have thoughts of suicide then you need to tell someone and get help for it
as soon as you can

Dar' Lene Princess
selp help is the best way to go about it...fill your thoughts with good thoughts and think positively about things, even on the worst of days , dare yourself to be positive. what you put inside your thoughts comes out as actions.

honey you cant afford to die at this time. you've got an oblligation to your baby now, not only to yourself. there must be other people out there who love you and care, even though you dont know about it.. suicide is not a solution to anything, but a beginning of more problems

how about you IM me and we chat for a hwile? i've been through this one before (the feeling)

pcgamer1987
Rating
Don't give up. Don't commit suicide. You need somebody trusted to talk.

longtreebeard
Rating
ive become so numb i wanted to die i had a child kidnaped. i know depression.you can get through it but not over it

Yamtaro™
Rating
......thats so.... .....sad.......

pplz1st
congratulations a baby girl is something i always wished I had, i consider you to be so lucky and you must stay in this world to guide and protect her with your life! try mugwort for the depression andlook into knowledge about other herbs for other possible mental problems you may have that go along with the depression,then seek treatment if something doesn't help fast enuff 4 you

trigeriger
think about GOD and happiness

please find and read the book "PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE" by rick warren

it helps us a lot

it is all about everything you'll find to know

Dragonskeeper
Rating
Think of your baby she depends on you.
I understand your feelings about the doctor most want to stuff you with pills and collect their vacations from the drug companies.
But you really should seek professional help I'm sure something awful happened to you when you were 12 .
You should know it wasn't your fault you was a child then.
And if it's what I think it is somebody else should be in jail.
At least call a crisis hot-line and talk to somebody.
Best of luck to you and your wonderful gift of life that is your daughter. She needs her mom.

p00nt4ng101
Rating
i agree with the yea person go to someone you can trust and talk to with this....don't commit suicide...

Cat
Now that you have a child, I think you need to overcome your issue with shrinks and get some medical help. Some medication and therapy may be exactly what you need. But, if you are adamant about this, try exercises like yoga, get some hobbies to keep your mind busy, and stay positive. Good luck with that.

candra_calhoon
Please seek help, medical or otherwise, find a psychologist (who is a doctor, but not a medical doctor). I think you can find someone to talk to who would not be judgemental, and a professional would probably be less so than even the most trustworthy friend or family member. If you don't feel like there is anyone out there you can talk to, or you don't know where to start, ask your baby's doctor, they are there to help you too. You have to think about your baby now too, so please, please, please talk to someone!

Hannah<33
Rating
think about why you want to commit suicide. think of what you would feel like afterwards you commit it.

Fluffy
Honey, there are good counselors out there. I was a depressed child and believe me when I say. It only got worse until I go t help. Now, you have also said that you have new baby. You could also be experience some post pardum depression.
It was my own baby girl that saved me 17 years ago. She made me realize that I had so much to live for.
There is help out there, all you need to do is ask. Not only do it for that beautiful little girl that deserves a mom, do it for yourself.
Good luck.

gamer girl
Rating
do you love your child? you will be leaving her alone if you go through. how would this child think of you? don't do it. she needs you.

luvable_bi0tch0128
Are you under alot of pressure?? Are you stressed out by your parents or your peers??

I sometimes had that thought too........The only reason why the thought doens't get away from your head is because you don't wanna let it go.......You keep on thinking negatively about your life......

The only thing that I can suggest you to do is to give all your love and mind to your baby......See her as the light to lighten up your dark world......When she smiles, think of her as an angel coming down to pull you up from a deep hole.

Why would you want to leave this world when there's always that one person, who will always be the star of your life???

I hope u get over the problem soon

Wid luv
Anne <3

mevlana
I think about it alot all my life...but mostly just thinking..Zoloft might help or something similar....Some of it is physical/chemical in the body and some of it is maybe ruminating thoughts and repeatedly beating yourself up with thoughts of how you didn't do something right, etc. So maybe positive affirmations that you say to yourself could help some ( ie "I am a good person and I deserve the best in life", etc...replacing the negative thoughts with positive ones...

♫brokenangel♫
You are not going to get over this without medical help. Please, please, please get some help. I beg you. For your sake and your family's sake, as well.

rabidwolverine4ever
Rating
talk to a counsellor and your doctor girl you could be suffering from post pardom depression

I know the feeling in that i don' t go to the doctor unless it's nessecary but then again i am not thinking about suicide either but i have and hate to burst the bubble but you need to seek some help Medical or otherwise You are not going to get through this without it and for heaven's sake think of your baby and not yourself

Call a crisis line 2

Jeebes
Rating
you have a beautiful baby girl now. Shouldnt that be your reason for wanting to live?

mike b
Rating
no. you should seek medical attention. even if you are against taking medication, talking to someone may make you feel better about yourself.

Mr. Basketball
Rating
look at the small magical and happiest moments in your life and reminisce over them for at least ten minutes a day. They will remind you of how good life can be and also let them spiritually wash away any thoughts you have of suicide. Also look at your baby girls smiling face and think. How would she live her life without me? Thick of yourself living for her as well and have her hold you finger with her tender little hand. Imagine that grasp going away and remember that life is the most beautiful thing we have.

Mario K
Rating
Just imagine the trauma your daughter would go through if you committed suicide. Would you really want to let your daughter grow up without a mother? It would be terrible for her.

simplebutsweet13
Rating
i've thought of this to, try listening to the song mad world by micheal andrews, it might answer some things. to me, i think i need to fill that empty place in my heart, think about it, is there something you are missing maybe, something you need to fix??? another thing, try reading who moved my cheese? by spencer johnson, that's always a good book that resolves a lot with this kind of thing for me. but possibly, the dreams are just trying to tell you something, do a dream search on ggogle. that might help to. i guess maybe it's just what we make it, it's your dream, change it. always think happy thoughts before you go to bed, it might improve some things. that's a bunch of ideas for you so good luck! ~simplebutsweet13~

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy