Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How can I get over my Anxiety issues?
Hey all,

I honestly never thought I would post something like this on a message board, but I feel like I'm out of options.

2 weeks ago, My girlfriend of 2 years and I ...

Why English drive in the wrong lane?
perchè gli Inglesi guidano nella corsia sbagliata?...

No more "self harming" myself.....?
In 7th grade I started to cut. Then I stopped that cuz I got into eraser burns my freshman year. I realized that there was no reason why I should be doing that and quit all "self harm" in N...

Help Me!!!?
One of my best friends is trying to kill herself by cutting her arms and legs.Is their anything i should do or should i just leave her alone???...

Do you have any kind of phobia?
I'm terrified of mosquitoes and crane flies >.>!...

How do I tell my parents that I cannot go back to school yet?
I just had Christmas break and I fly back to school tomorrow. They recently told me that they noticed that I was depressed and that they were worried. They said that I shouldn't go back yet and ...

Is this considered child abuse?
i am 13 yrs old
my mom calls me bad words, slaps me across the face, throws me out of the house, and yells at me all because i haven't cleaned my room
i cry and feel depressed after ...

Where would I go to get a lobotomy?
I am bored with abstract thought and long for a simpler less confusing life. Who would I talk to about getting a lobotomy?...

What is wrong with me?
I am sad all the time. I dont like to do anything i used to do... or anything at all i dont even want to skateboard and a few months ago it was all i ever did and i am allways turning down ...

Should people with mental illness or addiction have children?
So you think it is morally and ethically correct for someone with a mental illness or an addiction to have children, when there is a chance they could pass on the trait/tendancy to this illness to ...

Why do people cut themselves?
on tv you hear about teenagers cutting themselves. why do they do it?...

What do you fear the most??

What do I do when I wish I was dead and I'm only 15?
Since I'm pretty healthy, one side of my family lives to be realllly old, and medical technology is increasing, that means I have who knows how many years! Like 80! Every day I wish so bad I was ...

Is life always so f**ken hard?
in june 2007 i was raped as a male it was very hard 4 me 2 cope. life has only got harder will it get any better who has a bad time living??? can we pull through
Additional Details

Am I depressed?
Constant breakdowns. Afraid i'll never find happiness. I'm the lonliest person, super sensitive. Mother is bi-bolar unaware of how much she hurts me. parents are super strict.divorced. Not ...

I keep having suicidal feelings why do i feel this way how do i get it to stop an leave me alone forever?

Do you ever just stare at the wall for hours on end?
I maybe just at the floor - staring at nothing and thinking nothing. Is this normal?...

I have asked it before, but I need help!?
I'm really depressed, and I have really bad anxiety...I think I'm fat and ugly...and people get mad because they don't see how I could think that...I get really nervous around people......

What do u do when u get really depressed?
what do u do when u get really really ...

Are you afraid of dying?
Every year around my birthday I get depressed about getting older. Any suggestions that don't involve, drinking or drugs?...

Natalia
Should I feel stupid for crying to my psychologist in the first visit?
Umm, yeah, I'm really emotional, all she had to do was ask me to describe my mood swings and feelings...and I started crying...should I feel dumb?

Diablo
There is nothing wrong with it. If you let your emotions out then you will feel better. If you keep emotions like... anger, hate or sadness then it can make you sick.

Kim S
Dont feel that way... that is why you go there for ...

samantha h
No, sometimes we just need to let things out a little. What I perfect place to do it. It is safe and no one else can see. I promise you are not the 1st

Jena
No that is completely normal. If you were not emotional you would not have been their in the first place. You should be yourself so they can fully help you. You have taken the first step so take full advantage of the treatment. It really works I know from experience and I am much happier and having less mood swings.

denisean2006
Rating
no thats what your there for...let it ALL out

Lelaki Curious
It's OK to cry. A good cry can be a healthy way to bring relief to your depression, and it might even prevent a headache or other physical consequence. Rather than swallowing the depression, behaving violently.

I love BU
Rating
No of course you shouldn't feel dumb. Unless of course you are dumb. Your psychologist is trained to see people cry all of the time.Your obviously seeing her to help you. So don't feel dumb release all of that negative energy and move forward.
The choice is yours.
:)

Wisteria
Rating
No, not at all. If you're recalling uncomfortable memories or feelings then it's natural to "relive" them.
You should feel proud that you can honestly express these feelings instead of bottling them up.
And your psychologist has probably seen plenty of people get upset during sessions.

nr_wh
Rating
absolutely not - the psychologist is there to help you deal with your emotions, among other things

WiseGirl84
theyve seen worse

senior2tor
Rating
Actually this is the first sign for everyone when starting to become depressed in a serious way . The chemicals you made went to the medulla (controls basics) and triggered the crying. It also helps cancel the chemicals when salt is removed from the head by tears. There was a hope that you have faced and it was false so the brain erased it . Now usually there are more false hopes instilled in you as you lived these few years. There will be more serious depression symptoms to come and you best learn about the brain . If you take pills to offset the chemicals it works a little bit but you are able to forget a lot.

Mix
Rating
No, it just shows that you could not hold it in anymore, and you felt like you just needed to let it out.

wondering
Rating
Not as stupid as you should have felt paying for it. Honey, God gave us tears to cry.

I'm a forty eight year old man and I cry watching Walt Disney movies. What is really sad is never having a desire to weep. It cleanses the soul and washing away allot of poor karma.

Oh, the payment thing was a joke. And there are situation when psychologist are applicable. I should know I went to one.

ELECTIONS 2008
Rating
No way darling!!!
She is there to help you. Actually it's the best thing for you both, so she can see where your at emotionally and start helping you from there.
It's a good thing that you DID cry for MANY reasons
Take care, your on a healthy path of healing now.
It's normal

jojorockman
Nothing to be ashamed of. Psychologists seek into your deepest feelings. You're just very veryyy emotional.

GangGreen
of course not

ruthym02
lol not at all, i'm going for my first visit in 2 weeks and although i seem to keep it together, when i start talking about myself, i know i'll break down

pamma
Rating
No. They should help you. You're there because you have emotional problems. I went to a therapist who kept telling me "you repeat things, you've said that already". Like i told her i had ocd. She's suppose to help me stop it, not tell me that i repeat things.

Kay3535
No, in the first visit especially, you're trying to kind of let them know the scope of what's bothering you. They're probably the first person you've opened up to about it. It seems to me that crying would be perfectly normal and cathartic.

Timmy!
Absolutely not. Nothing wrong with it at all. I am no psychologist, but I think it would at least show you are comfortable with your feelings. Nothing wrong at all!

"Angel"
Nope I think everybody get like that at least me & all my friends do

kt--bear
Rating
no.

misskenjr
Rating
absoultly not!! You need to pour out ALL of your feelings and thoughts so that she can help you!!! Good luck to you, honey!!

Melissa
No way, I cried the first time I saw mine too! It's good to get it out, if you didn't then it might be worse than just crying when you do finally break down.

Me
you shouldn't feel dumb... maybe feeling humbled is a better word

yayitssonya
no, thats normal

Valencia B
No, you should not. if you have an emotional behavor problem that's why you are there to get help. it is all about how you feel. just try to remember why you are there. and practice a little control. take deep breaths and talk to the doctor.

in a sense. we all have some type of emotional behavor.

take care. and good luck

georgiabanksmartin
Rating
No that is part of what you go there for

Cris
no you shouldn't feel dumb or stupid. It is only natural to cry when it comes to discussing your feelings. Don't feel bad about it. Maybe the next time, you will have better luck

Simmi
No. I'm sure she has seen this. You are sharing your feelings and it got to you. Very normal.

Esther D
Rating
No, not at all. Your psychologist is probably glad that he/she didn't have to sit through one or two boring sessions to get to the "good" stuff! Your psychologist's office should feel like a safe haven for you to cry if you need to...even if it is the first visit.

Don't give it another thought, OK?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy