Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How is your feeling when you think about death?
i'm sure death is not my finish. i'll continue more beter maybe
Additional Details
i don't belive god. but i think ...

What time should I go to sleep if...?
I'm 13 years old and when school starts I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. If i want to get a full good night's sleep what time should I go to sleep at night?
(10 points best answer)
<...

I think I'm going to go through with killing myself?
I'm just self-reflecting on my life and I have difficulty processing how things turned out the way they are. My youth has been miserable as long as I can remember. I don't recall a single ...

I Need Help..I Cut myself..?
I Cut myself i dont no why but i do..
I dont want to tho. but i cant help it..
i cant tell anyone either they wont care.
Please i need help..
I dont know what to do.
A...

Should I kill myself?
I don't have any friends, I hate my job, and I don't have anyone that I can really talk to or have fun with. I am miserable. What can I do?...

My doctor just told me I have 4 months to live. What should I do with my time?

I am so afraid that my parents will die oen day. I dont know how I can be able to handle this. I am so worried
about that. I am a very sensitive person....

What causes you to panic?

Happy birthday to me!?
All my 'friends' seem to have forgotten my 28th birthday, and i am so sad!

Anyone wana cheer me up, by wishig me a happy birthday??
Pleeeeeease???!!...

What is the best pill for DEPRESSION?
At the moment I am very heavily medicated
375mg venlafaxine and 80mg chlopromazine lots of other med's and my depression seems to be getting worse please help (try not to be too flippant ...

Ok I'm a recovering cutter and I havent in over a week but now suddenly I wanna cut again sooo bad! help im13
what can i do? please help me! I've been trying so hard not to cut but i want to so bad right now.=S
Additional Details
I WOULD NE...

What are some natural ways to handle depression?
I am strongly opposed to taking anti-depressant medication, but I need help. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Please keep in mind that ...

What are you afraid of?

Is there anything worse than having a mental illness?

Am I depressed?
Whenever the weather cahnges(fall/winter) at night I get really sad. but its only when it starts to get dark out earlier. it just makes me sad idk why. is this normal or should I get medicine for it?...

Is this immature or something else?
I am 14 (I will be fifteen next week) And I think I have a problem. When I am alone and bored I play imaginary games. I pretend I am a princess that runs away from home and is taken by these people ...

I have a 30 year marijuana habit. Should I give it up?
I don't drink or do other drugs, except strong coffee because I enjoy the rich taste, as well as the caffeine. But I sometimes feel smoking weed is becoming a source of torment for me because I ...

Does anyone know what to do about the chronic feeling of emptiness, worthlessness.?

How does one get over someone who broke their heart?
Even after a lot of time has passed.....even after therapy, self-help, moving on with life in every other way.
Additional Details
WOW, ...

Do you think the voices in my head are real?

Additional Details
They're never evil just tell me things - wierd things!!!...

Nicole draws in scribbles
I watched my grandma die?
and I want to know if anyone has any tips on dealing with that. She had cancer and we were REALLY close.

afireinside
I'm really not good with dealing with someones death

Alli
Rating
Just know that she is at peace now, and she would want you to carry on with your life. Believe me honey Im sure she is much happier now that she is "home" with the Lord, then living here which is hell on earth. And know that one day soon you will see her again. Live your life to the fullest, she's watching down on you.

kmuralinh
Rating
I know how hard to forget a person so close to you, but any way every one has to face this kind of situation.
Even you don`t want her to suffer for more time, better she is dead. Pray for her sole to rest.

Maestro
I'm sorry for your loss, that must have been extremely difficult to go through. I don't have any tips to help you cope with it, but this experience definitely will make you stronger as a person. I lost my grandmother when I was 12 and she meant the world to me...it was the last time I ever cried. Time and mourning her passing are the only things to help deal with your loss. It could be a life long thing and that's not such a bad thing because you never want to forget what she meant to you. Keeping her memory and greatness alive inside you will allow you to share her greatness with those around you.

Pirate_Wench
That's a rough one. My uncle died three years ago of cancer, and I was there with him right up until the very end. I still wish he could be back here with me. But I just remember how much he suffered while he was alive, and now he isn't in pain anymore.

boohoohoo
Sorry to hear that. Time certainly helps. Best wishes to you and your family.

Luna
My mother watched my grandmother die, and I admire her everyday for that kind of strength...she brings it up every now and then and when she does she usually says that she wants to remember her when she was alive and well, not when she was sick. I just want to say I am sorry for your loss but at least she is at peace and not hurting anymore.

Da Ben Dan
Unfortunately death is a part of life...eventually you will just remember the good times....be good to yourself....go easily and let yourself mourn for your loss.

Girly♥
Rating
im sorry that she has passed on and i know it is hard but things will get better.

Fabe says vote 4 change!
I am sooo, sooo, sooo sorry to hear that..but that is something that will take time to overcome...you just have to think positively...she is not suffering anymore..and she's in a better place..my condolences to you...

Angela
Rating
Everyone's different when it comes to coping and grieving. All you can really do is remember her for the special person that you knew her as, and hold the memories you do have of her near your heart. Cancer happens to the best of us, and it often can't be helped. Just keep going on with your life as best you can. It's going to be difficult no matter what.

Surf n' Snow
Rating
That is terrible. I'm sorry.
You could talk to a therapist. or a counciler.

love♥live♥dance
Rating
Wow... that's tough. You are probably never going to fully get over it, but i do recommend seeing someone who can help you feel better about it. You can't get through this on your own, so I think you should get some help.... and I am really sry about it!

LEG
Rating
I went through the same thing. It's taken time to get over it. I just like to think of her happy, and with all of the people that she loved that died before her. Just know that she's not in pain anymore.

enterrador
I was young when my grandpa died, i don't remember how i dealt with it, but if you are religious, just think of it as him being in heaven, looking down on you and smiling. It's tough but life goes on.

Maverick
sorry about your loss !
It's tough but try to remember the great times you spent with your grandma.Know that she is not sufferering anymore.
I watch people die all the time and it's never easy !

~S~ is for Stephanie!
I am so sorry for your loss... well, don't try to forget your grandmother. She would have wanted you to live after her. Keep pictures of her up, and pray for her every night. Try not to mourn too long, she would of wanted you to be happy. If your grief is still too much, make lists of why you loved her and your favorite things about her. If this doesn't work, see a therapist. God bless you.

anna
no one should have to go through something like that. just keep on walking and u will make it through eventually :)

slick25
Rating
Be patient, and grieve. this type of thing can go away in time. Talk to her before you go to sleep at night, like shes there. It will help because she is probably watching over you.

melissa r
I also watched my GRANNY die.I helped take care of her in her last months on earth.I know how you feel.I seen her take her last breaths,and I felt priviledged to be there!I just want you to know it will get better.I thought my GRANNY hung the moon,she was the BEST.And although this may sound strange to you,my GRANNY comes to see me in my dreams and let's me know all is well.Just remember even though the body is gone,her spirit and memory are not!!!!!!!!

JOKO
Just stick with it, be happy she is no longer suffering and she is in a better place and that one day you will be back together and that she is always watching over you. Keep your head up kiddo.

hedonic penchant for graffiti
Rating
same thing happened to me EXACTLY... im not over it be im coping w/it

Krystle O
Hey look i understand how you are feeling and the pain that you are going though i have been there with my mom.you have to keep doing what you were you were doing before she left this world.Everybody will go some day and you don't stop living because God called one of his children home.Continue to make her proud of you and the path that you get on.A lot of people get wild after they lose someone just because they are gone and they can't deal with the pain of them being gone

Lesson Learned
That's got to be really hard.
You should be glad you were really close.
When my family members have died in the past, i usually was not close to them due to geographic proximity.
There are only a few I am close to.

David in Kenai
Rating
Many suggested pray and thoughts about heaven. And that helps many people.

But whether you are not religious or not, you can think of the ways in which she lived a full life, touched other people (obviously yourself, likely many others) and left the world a little better for having been who she was.

Grief over a parent or child or very close relative is hardest initially. I have found the first weeks horrible, the first months tough but getting better with time. Talking with friends, treating yourself to enjoyable activities (movie, hike, etc), and getting exercise all help. Try not to mope around inside. Consider what she would have wanted you to do - to be happy as you go on with your life.

At some point, the pain and sadness are not the predominate feelings. Increasingly you remember the good times and value what she added to your life. With my mother's death, that took a little over a year, with the death of my young son, it was about two years. I know that might sound like a depressingly long time, but you should have a perspective and habits that are sustainable for a while. Drink a lot of water and not a lot of alcohol (don't take a depressant while depressed!), eat healthful food, get exercise. If not, initially, for yourself, do it for your grandmother.

Oh, and let yourself cry. It does help. Some people think how they'll cry a million tears over their loss and how every few thousand gets them that much closer.

Be well,
David

looneyvillelibby
The others r right in saying that she is in a better place. A support group usually helps. If u can't find one in your town, try the web. Just type in support groups and you will find them for just about any kind of crisis.

Farrah
I can't imagine how hard that was for your family, I'm very sorry. You might want to join a support group, their are many on-line groups that deal w/ such issues. You can find them in yahoo health.

DEEPAK
GOD BLESS U. U R FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO SEE HER WITH U IN THE LAST MOMENTS .

vagg
I visited my grandma on her death bed and she died 2 days later.Only thing I can say is things get better in time,we were also close ..Her and my grandfather raised me most of my life.

ings
spend every moment with her... make scrapbooks together then when youll miss her then you can open it and read tru

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy