Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Im really ashamed of this but, I self-harm and need help.?
Is there anyway I can cover up the cuts on my body? And it will not wash off in the shower or bath etc. Could I use make-up or would it just wash off? Because people are getting suspicious about ...

Is a messy house a sign of depression?
i often wonder when i see these programmes about how clean is your house, wether kim and aggie think about the people who are living this way

could they be depressed,

what do ...

Do YoU WaNt To DIE TONIGHT?
WELL?
Additional Details
ME NO

YOU ALL SURE LOL...

When you're tired but you know you won't be able to sleep?
You know you wont be able to go to sleep, because too much on your mind. what is your solution?
Additional Details
i'm sleepy now....

Has this happened to you?.?
I have had my laptop for five months which i bought to play online bingo and Ebay.Yesterday i got a message popup saying WARNING-You have 624 adult images and URL files in your machine,just to verify,...

Ever feel like getting in your car and just driving just to see where it will take you.?
was wondering if this is a good way to clear your ...

I am a depressed teen all the time, i hurt so bad and have noone to talk to and no doctor what do i do?

Additional Details
Well, my daddy died last year.I have tried sucidie 2 and the only person i trusted told everybody and made fun of ...

I died 5 minutes ago, how do I get back to life?

How do i help a crack addict get clean?
he's already been to rehab more times than i can count. I am beginning to think that this friend is lost forever. What do you think?...

How can I get over my Anxiety issues?
Hey all,

I honestly never thought I would post something like this on a message board, but I feel like I'm out of options.

2 weeks ago, My girlfriend of 2 years and I ...

Why English drive in the wrong lane?
perchè gli Inglesi guidano nella corsia sbagliata?...

No more "self harming" myself.....?
In 7th grade I started to cut. Then I stopped that cuz I got into eraser burns my freshman year. I realized that there was no reason why I should be doing that and quit all "self harm" in N...

Help Me!!!?
One of my best friends is trying to kill herself by cutting her arms and legs.Is their anything i should do or should i just leave her alone???...

Do you have any kind of phobia?
I'm terrified of mosquitoes and crane flies >.>!...

How do I tell my parents that I cannot go back to school yet?
I just had Christmas break and I fly back to school tomorrow. They recently told me that they noticed that I was depressed and that they were worried. They said that I shouldn't go back yet and ...

Is this considered child abuse?
i am 13 yrs old
my mom calls me bad words, slaps me across the face, throws me out of the house, and yells at me all because i haven't cleaned my room
i cry and feel depressed after ...

Where would I go to get a lobotomy?
I am bored with abstract thought and long for a simpler less confusing life. Who would I talk to about getting a lobotomy?...

What is wrong with me?
I am sad all the time. I dont like to do anything i used to do... or anything at all i dont even want to skateboard and a few months ago it was all i ever did and i am allways turning down ...

Should people with mental illness or addiction have children?
So you think it is morally and ethically correct for someone with a mental illness or an addiction to have children, when there is a chance they could pass on the trait/tendancy to this illness to ...

Why do people cut themselves?
on tv you hear about teenagers cutting themselves. why do they do it?...

anaomous
How do you get rid of stress?

FAT and UGLY ave
UH.... I'm not sure but you can try eating.... then rest then maybe look at fishes in the aquarium or something.... THE BEST IS WATCH TV!!!! :P

Ginnykitty
relax, listen to music, take a walk, talk to someone who is easy for you to talk to, find some alone time, read, exercise, watch tv or a movie, talk to friends, try to relax and have quiet time.

pretty face
Rating
walk or hang with friends.

rash
Rating
i just sleep it off or do my fav things

sundeep2323
Rating
meditation

Texas Cowboy
sleep, music, exercise, laughing with friends

chicken pox
Rating
sleep

BeautifulFairy
I leave for a while to go and be by myself or wround friends and take a xanax too

sweet kiten
Rating
I read about my Buddhism : )

Asian Cutie
Rating
Try yoga, or other breathing exercises like tai-chi & Pilates.

Cotton Tablecloth
Rating
Eat a cookie,
get some nookie,
pick some flowers
sleep eight hours.

Or, you could just down a bottle of vodka while watching some old CSI re-runs.

You choose!

funnynice2006
Rating
Try to listen your favorite music. Meet people to whom you like. Visit a place of natural beauty. If all these does not work, then take a medicine which may relax your mind from the stress.

ironcityveteran
Rating
relaxation

marketingexpert
Check out (http://www.reducingstress.net ) there is a lot of great articles and expert advice on the subject there.

My Big Bear Ron
get a second job and get the finances in order.

moefishwater
Rating
exercising regularly and eating nutritious foods will help with high stress levels. releasing energy from the body is about as simple as it gets and i think everyone would agree the worst thing one can do is to allow stress to build up inside.
stress is mainly a product of our own choices and environment so try paying a bit more attention to what causes stress or stressful situations and then learn how to handle it differently. it's actually not that hard to train oneself or one's brain to relax during typical high anxiety moments.
zen or no zen, a simple physical check up and stress test can also help identify certain risk factors or causes for stress that should prove more educational as one trys to eliminate stress in general. but do remember it is perfectly normal to have a certain degree of stress in life, especially in cases of moving, changing jobs, marriage/divorce etc.

Ariel
okay the only advice i can give you is whenever you feel like snapping at someone is say it in your head and realx. as the other person's voice goes loud yours should go low. while they start to yell at you relax and don't say a word. that'll really help out. my father here is what gets me all stressed out. but all i do is ignore him. i mean he's 43 yrs and acts like a 5yr old. just chill and don't listten to people just to yourself

F W
If u r over 21 you could have a glass of wine

why d
by getting rid of you

John B
Stress in a normal person is caused by one of two things.

1): Fear of the unknown! What is going to happen?

2): Fear that you can not measure up to what is expected of you.

We as a human race insist that we propagate these fears from one generation to the next. It helps keep people in line. How can we maintain control if everyone did there own thing?

Control of those fears is the only true answer to lowering stress.
How you control those fears range wildly.
We are hard wired to fear what we don't know.

However, if you look closely, you will see that most of what we fear will never come to pass or, if we put rational thought to it, can be resolved by working through it.

There is truly only one thing in life we do not have a choice about. Death. But how we live our life, how we view the world, is our choice.

The only true way to get rid of stress is to understand that 95% of what we think is so important to us at the moment is not...and will not be in a fairly short period of time.

A very wise man said, and even wrote a book about it, 'Attitude Is Everything'. Your attitude about something gets you stressed, changing that attitude can get you out.

knu
Rating
meditate

Andreja K
Don't have a clu....
I have the same problem and don't know how to get r ., of it....

familly_heaven_earth
Rating
this world is not worth stress, and stress is just a reaction to something not normal ....if you believe in God, then think about him, and how he is....and that he is always with you and you should remember that he is always in your heart...so no need to be stressfull when a kind existence is always within you and helps you and protect you if you believe so.....

lateniterun609
Rating
free the mind - it's a perception....we thrive on it, and if we don't see it in a situation we tend to find a way to work it in

Kaia
Rating
1. Soak in a hot tub with bubbles, listening to classical music, reading a trashy novel, eating a tiny piece of good dark chocolate and drinking a little bit of a good port. It's called "indulging".
2. Go for a walk in the woods or the park..preferably one without a lot of people.
3. Do yoga or mediate.
4. Brush my dogs and pet them.
5. Read a book without any social value, just mindless entertainment.
6. Play music.
7. Exercise...not competitively, but something like jogging, a treadmill, an ellipitcal or cross country ski machine.
8. Cross country ski
9. Lose myself in nature.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy