Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Why does life seem low and i wished i was dead?
i was injured in a crash 2 years ago pain causes depression the medical people do not see any closer to a cure also lost my job after wards and i am not as active as i would like to ...

If a main artery was cut, how long would it take to die?

I need a doctors note for work.. but im not sick what do i do?
i called my work and told them i rolled my ankle and now i need a doctors note what do i do?...

Broken toe?
I think I broke my smallest toe (left foot) a couple of nights ago. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning, but is there anything else I should do for now?...

I have burned my finger making popcorn?
i got the bag out of the microwave and this burning hot oil dropped from the bag onto my finger. this was an hour ago and i kept it under water and it is now covered in a wet cloth but it is still ...

My right arm has been hurting 4 2 days and its swollen it hurts when i move it i am 13 HELP ME!?
It really hurts and my friends say to go see a doctor and that it might be serious or maybe a siss and my teacher is going to send me to the school nurse tommorrow when she is in. My mom says she ...

I have a burn blister should i pop it?

I'm hallucinating.... again!?
this time, it's auditory hollucinations, one was when the wind blew aganst my window very hard, it played the song of time from zelda, ok I know that just isn't possible. And if you haven�...

Did you ever step on?
a nail and it went thru your ...

Help Please somebody!!!!!!!!!!?
I shut my finger in the car door the other day and it still hurts really bad ,any suggestions to what I should do?

I've been putting ice on it, but it doesn'tt seem to help....

Cigarette burn?
i managed to burn my hand on a cig and its blistered like mad and really sore, can anyone give any advice to what can ease the pain or make it heal quicker....

I think i might have a broken leg/ankle?
i was running with my dogs yesterday night ( like at 9pm-10 pm )and i think that i put my foot in wrong position this morning i couldnt stand but somehow i got up and went to school i didnt felt any ...

How old were you last time you cried for physical pain? And why?
I think I was 12 when I broke my foot playing soccer.

Then I have never cried, even for really hard pain, like kidney stones or bad sprains.

I think that our pain tolerance ...

Most painful thing you've ever feltin your whole lifetime?
Im 14, and im sure ill have to endure much more painful things yet so far for me it's getting an artery in my leg accidentally sliced open by a can. the blood just flowed, and for me, who afraid ...

When should woman start having kids?

I have a bruise on my face that won't go away?
I bumped my head a month or 2 ago and i had a bruise on my face. Now it's still there?? You can see it, it's darker than the area around it. What do i do!?!?
Additional Details

What will make a carpet burn stop stinging any good ideas???
My sister has a carpet burn what can i do to make it stop stinging any good ideas??
Additional Details
SHES 5 NOT 25!!!!...

If you woke up and had a spot on the end of your nose would you go to work?

Ok so i cut myself & cant stop my arms looks like a road map can anyone help?

I smoked a joint 4 days ago. Will it show up in my piss test next Friday??
I only smoked about a halve a joint 4 days ago. Will it show up on my piss test next Friday ??...

Will You Take The Red Pill ?
Hurt my knee at work , heat or ice ?

aishwayra
heat

sober sasquatch
Rating
hmm well it deends on how you hurt it.
i would say heat it and then ice back and forth for a while

bb
Rating
do 5 mins of heat 5 of ice. make sure you lay down and put your knee on some pillows so its elevated above where your heart is

J-Dub
Rating
workers comp!!

THE hottest band in the world!
Rating
RICE!

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

j10394
ice
heat makes it swell
ice will decrease swelling

Tom C
Rating
Ice

JAMES P
Rating
For the first twenty four hours use ice, twenty minutes on, twenty off, every few hours. After that use moist heat. If someone can help you, have them take a towel, soak it with hot water, ring it out then apply to the knee. Have a second towel handy to quickly replace the first one when it begins to cool. Do this until the skin begins to turn slightly red, then massage that knee with some Aspercreme Cream, if you are not allergic to aspirin. Do this three or four times a day, and rest that knee and leg when you can. If it is still swelled or puffy, do that same procedure only lay on the floor and place that leg and foot on the cushion of a chair or sofa. I also hope you made a report of the injury at work, for workers comp. I wish you the best young lady.

TruBlu75
Rating
Ice

the_beautiful_e
Rating
Ice will feel better

jag
Ice for 48 hours, then heat.

Happy Girl
Rating
Ice to begin with, because you're trying to get the inflammation down first. After a few days, you can switch to heat to just deal with the pain.

Krissy
Rating
You could do a little bit of both, but generally ice is better if it's swelling.

sdfwsfs
Rating
That depends on how you hurt it, best to consult a Doctor since you are very vague at describing how you hurt your knee.

Ric
Heat for pain. Cold for swelling.

MIchelle J
Rating
ice will improve circulation in general and promote faster healing of bruises and etc, and i think heat will help sooth.

DMG
Rating
within the first 72 hours ice to control swelling and then heat to aid healing.

Shawn G
ICE!!!!!!!!!!
Use ice early and often for the first 48 hours will help minimize swelling and help numb the pain. Heat treatments should be used for chronic conditions to help relax and loosen tissues, and to stimulate blood flow to the area. Heat is normally used before an activity.

given up on love
Rating
both

Mike
Rating
ICE, HEAT every 20 minutes

smith2267
Rating
depends. heat can increase swelling, so it is not the best for new injuries where swelling is already a problem.

However, heat is great for arthritis, which often happens with old joint injuries.

In general, ice a new injury, heat an old one.

MiniMonkey
Rating
heat AND ice. Ice for 5 minutes then switch to hear for 5,and so on. but remember, always end it with ice.

McCain, by OPEC
both

Brookie
both...alternate

audioworld
ice

b
I usually use both. I ice for about 10 mins, then wait about 10 mins and apply heat for 15 mins. I repeat this several times and it seems to work very well.

kungfupinky
Rating
Ice for the first 48 hours after an injury. Just remember RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. After 48 hours (if the swelling has gone down), switch to heat to promote blood flow and healing. Heat does no good if there is still swelling at the injury site.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy