Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Gums bleeding...why?
when i brush my teeth, after brushing, my gums is always bleeding, and i think it causes bad breath sometimes. is it true?
and what should i do?...

17 years old, and still has 12 milk teeth. has anyone else got this? when should they fall out?
my daughters teeth wont align until the milk teeth are out, but theyre showing no signs of wobbling or aches. she has healthy teeth, just wants straight ones!! when should the milk teeth have fell ...

Will my wisdom teeth push my teeth closer together and close my gaps?
A person told me that when my wisdom teeth grow in they'll fill in all the gaps in my teeth, so now I'm really curious. My teeth are like all straight in a line and I only have just a ...

Is lemon juice god or bad for your teeth??

What color braces should I get?

Should I ask my dentist for a gown?
My dentist says I have a lot of dental work that needs to be done that would take too much time during regular office hours. So, I've been going late as he suggested. He's been doing a good ...

How do I stop a toothache from hurting so much?

Are you supposed to brush your teeth before you go to the dentist?

Broken Tooth?
I'm back home for the holidays and a piece of my lower back tooth has broken off. It's very sharp and rubbing against my tongue, but I can't go to the dentist until Wednesday when I ...

I keep having dreams of lossing my tooth. it happne 3-4 times a month. why is that? any specific reason?
is it due to stess? or any other reason. kikindly assist.
Additional Details
im 25. male. not a kid anymore obviously. an 'nope�...

How many toothbrushes do you have ?

Is 15 a little old to be getting braces?
Ok so i'm 15 years old and finishing my freshman year of high school. Most of my friends are getting their braces off now, but im just now getting mine on this summer. I feel kind of stupid not ...

My teeth is gone yellow HELP!!!!!!1?
my teeth is gone yellow i dont smoke what wll i do to get them white ...

How do you cure mouth odour?
What do I do to get rid odf bad mouth odour? Sometimes when other people speak to me I perceicve nothing, but when I open my mouth....I this strong alkaline breath rushes out. I'cve tried ...

Wisdom teeth help!?
I have to have my wisdom teeth cut out and iam scared as i keep hearing different stories! Do they dislocate your jaw? Do you get put to sleep?
Additional Details

How long do i have to wait to start smoking again after getting my wisdom teeth removed???
idk if it will give me some type of infection or anything so yea...

i got my surgery on wed. and its now sat. can i smoke??...

How many drinks would it take to fight a kangaroo?

I want to get tooth implants...?
I was in a car accident and lost my front side tooth and damaged other teeth (I had the braces wire on). I have been undergoing surgery after surgery to reconstruct all the damage to my mouth. C...

Why do some people not brush their teeth?

How do i get the pain of braces to sooth?
I just got my braces on 3 hours ago and my teeth hurt! how do get the pain to sooth?!?!?...

misslady81
I had a weird experience at a dentist office and am not sure what to do regarding this situation.?
the dental assistant was completely unprofessional, but not at all rude to me. she started slamming and banging the mouse button keys on the laptop when it wasn't doing what she wanted. Being married to a geek I cringed as she was doing this and cursing saying, "F**k". She was opening sterilized items without gloves and one of them fell on the floor and she was playing with it and put it on the counter in it's peg hole. Now, i don't know if it was a drill bit, but it was a short metal object and slightly bigger in diameter and half the size of an ordinary needle. I didn't appreciate having garlic breathe being breathed into my face as she was taking dental xrays. I didn't care to hear that her and her husband fight. I think what bothered me the most of seeing her dropped that small object on the ground and put it next to all of the other ones. what should i do?

?
Rating
sue them.

SuzanneMichelle
Rating
I've been in the dental field for 12 years, and, yes, I've had bad days. But, as a professional, I always keep in mind that my patients are the ones who really give me my paycheck, so I am really disturbed by what I've read here. I think that you should call the dental office and ask to speak with the office manager. Tell the manager about your experience, and let him or her know that you were very unsatisfied with your visit. Pay close attention to the feedback you get from this person, because, if nothing else, the office manager should be apologetic and eager to do whatever(within reason, of course) is necessary to keep you as a patient. If you do not get resolution this way, then contact your state's dental board and file a formal complaint. Hopefully, you will not need to take it that far, but something does need to be done about the assistant's obvious lack of professionalism.

Doc marloe
The Dental Assistant might cause you a Dental anxiety or fear due to shown attitude. In dental law you might call that Conduct unbecoming, for the dental instrument, holding that in unsterile hand and playing with it that is negligence to the assistant part. Report that unprofessional act to ADA.

desertratchel
I agree with all the advice to address this with your dentist. He needs to know, not just because of how it left you feeling, but also because her behavior is costing him business and a possible lawsuit. His best interests lie in helping his patients. He will probably be very grateful you consulted him about the matter.

artgal1285
Rating
You need to have serious talk with the dentist. Leave a message and have them call you. If she worked in my office I'd have fired her. I take that back, I never would have hired her in the first place. Being rude is bad enough but violating OSHA regulations is unforgivable. Come to think of it, if this doctor is willing to have this kind of assistant you probably need a new dentist. But call him anyway. It may help to straighten him up a it.

THEMURPHSTER
I would call your dentist and report her. Chances are if she is taking short cuts by putting contaminated tools with sterile tools she is cutting corners in other areas. Also her personal business is personal not something she should be sharing with her patients. It's very unprofessional and someone should address the situation.

K.S.
Find a new dentist. That behavior is rude an unnecessary:

http://www.san-diego-dentist.us
http://san-diego-dentists.blogspot.com
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dentist-tijuana-dentist.html
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/tijuana-dentist.htm
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-implants.html
http://www.las-vegas-nevada-lawyer-attorney-legal-injury-defense-directory.com
http://www.medical-research-study-directory.info/san-diego-medical-research-study.htm
http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/lasik-eye-surgery-san-diego.htm

cbucksguns
Talk to your dentist and explain what happened. My guess is that you will receive an apology and your dentist will talk with the assistant. Her conduct is not professional.

brattiness73
You should talk to the dentist. If he/she acts like it was no big deal, you should take that as a sign that the office itself has no problem with that level of unprofessionalism, and should seek another dentist.

sealife8
This is not professional or acceptable behavior. You should contact the office and lodge a complain. This behavior reflects badly on the dental office and in the end will lose them patients. If she was really that bad, you will not be the first person to complain. Too many diseases can be passed through dental work. Don't take a chance. At the very least specify you don't want her again.

dgggg f
Rating
complain to city!

CAROLINE J
Rating
I would put in a complaint and change dentists!

WHATS IN A NAME?
Rating
I would report her to the American Dental Assoc. I wouldnt let her come within 200 feet of my mouth!!!!!

Jessica K
That's very unprofessional...If she is just the assistant I would try to get ahold of the actual dentist and make him aware of the practices going on in his office.

Alicia G
Rating
definatly go back to the dentist office and talk to to the actual dentist about this!!! thats not something to just let pass over! If you went and told it would be helping out other people who go to that dentist.

leigh womble
I would suggest sending a letter to or calling the office manager. Explain to her how it made you feel.

I get and handle calls and I address the assistant and or hygienist and sometimes the doctor.

It could be anything from, the assistant didn't rinse me good, the tray pinched my lip, to the doctor ran late.

I will talk to any of my co-workers and the doctor. If a patient has a legitimate complaint, it is something that needs to be discussed with the employee. This is called "constructive criticism" it only helps improve our office, when we learn from our mistakes.

We had an assistant that was really brass, I did not like the impression the patients were getting of her and her representation of our office. So she was fired.

You could after speaking to the OM, ask if you could have an alert placed on your account, that you would prefer a different assistant. (Hopefully the office has more than one.)

Good Luck

A.Mercer
I would send a letter to the dentist explaining the situation in detail. If you go there and this happens again then you need to stop going to the dentist and send a letter to the appropriate liscensing agency describing what happened. The compromising of the sterile tools is the biggest infraction. However, I am sure the dentist would like to know about the other behaviour. That is not good business to allow that kind of action to happen to customers. Remember, you are a customer as well as a patient. You can go elsewhere with your business.

ashley c
Rating
this behavior was totally inappopriate! im not sure what she dropped, but it wasnt the drill bit! i was a dental assistant for a long time, and i've actually seen a coworker get fired for acting inappopriate in front of a patient! you definitely need to report this to the dentist! a dr's office is supposed to be professional place, she was definitely not acting professional, especially the f word...she should be fired!

threeboysmamma
Rating
I would call the office and ask to speak to the office manager. Explain what took place and express your concerns about the unsteralized instrument being used in your mouth (gross). Ask them to address the issue with the hygenist and if you are still uncomfortable going back there, find a new dentist.

DanUK
Rating
sounds like she needs a boot up her butt and to find another job - complain

Johnny B
Rating
Put in a complaint!!

Samantha
Rating
You can tell the Dentist or just find another dentist. That is very unprofessional

unrealgan
Rating
well you could tell the dentist about the unprofessional behaviour of his assistant

this way atleast she wont go beserk on somebody else.

?
Rating
Let the doctor know so he/ she can speak with her.

sparklystarbuddy
Rating
since this was the assistant, I would recommend calling and speaking with the dentist in charge

♥♥The Queen Has Spoken♥♥
Write a letter to your dentist and describe what happened.

smeusmc
Rating
Have a talk with the doctor. They have every right to know what is happening in their office. The employees are a direct reflection of them and their business. Make sure you tell them how it made you feel.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy