Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Help i have a question?
i've just found out that a girl i HATE has a tumor in her breast. i had mixed feeling about how i should feel about that. some of my friends who dont like her were laughing, i was a little bit ...

Do i have cancer??!!!!?
yesterday morning i woke up aand when i accidentaly felt my right nipple i felt this slight pain. i have this little lump thats next to the middle of my nipple and it painful when i touch it.btw im ...

Did you have a parent or spouse die of cancer? How old were they?
My mom died of over a week ago. She died on her 64th birthday. She had breast cancer, but died of sepsis. She was diagnosed 3 years ago and it seems that she suffered for about the last 4 months. ...

Why do we use sunbeds when 100 people die each yr from cancer caused by them?

Lately my left breast has been hurting extremely badly. I turn 16 in 3 months, is it possible I have cancer?
It has been hurting really badly. I have mentioned it to my mother but not in great detail. I turn 16 in about 3 months but is it possible that i may have breast cancer....

How do you get through a loved one suffering badly from cancer?
It's so sad. He has been battling cancer for over 2 years now. No matter what they seem to do it just seems to keep on spreading. It is now in his spine and he is in constant agony even when he ...

Why do we keep on smoking?
when we know it is really bad for ...

My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 6 months ago, he seems to be doing well. It's hard to beleive.
It doesn't seem to me like he's only got six months left. How does cancer progress, is it very quick at the end. His cancer is Unknown primary, which means they don't know where it ...

Will I get cancer?
My mom had cancer many times about two years ago, when I was in fifth grade. And I heard that its something you are born with and you inherit from your parents.
Be flat out honest. Am I really ...

There are two cases and you can only choose one. Here they are:?
In one case, there is one billion dollars. In another, there is a vial with the cure for cancer. Your mother has cancer. Would you take the one billion dollars which you would split with you mother ...

Why are cigarettes legal to buy?
I feel cigerettes are just as harmful to ones health as many other drugs, it is a controlled substance, and it causes cancer to others, if one smokes crack and stops there is no after effects, if you ...

Should smoking be banned in public places?
i have an paper to write and i want some opinions....

Why does california think everything will cause cancer

Additional Details
It seems theres so many things that say WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to teh state of C...

Is smoking the only thing that that gives us cancer?
what about all these new waves that are passing through us at any time. stick a reciever in your head and you can listen to the radio watch tv and access the internet! lets not get started on what ...

I've been smoking for likea year or so think i have lung cancer?

If you were around people in a closed invironment smoking pot, would that show up on a drug test?

Why do doctors tell the family of terminally ill patients,'She has a week to live.'?
I think it is unfair.My neighbor's mom is terminal with cancer,and the doctor keeps saying that...now for a month!...

Why can't we find a cure for cancer?

Will it get any easier?
my dad died of bowel and liver cancer 2 months ago and my world has been turned upside down ,my hero has gone ,the person who used 2 guide me through life. It is the hardest thing i have ever had to ...

If I ignore the risks and start drinking and smoking,will I become more popular?

Jovial110
Does inhaling cigarette smoke causes problrm?

♥Scottish♥ ♥Fairy♥
Rating
yes it can cause loads of problem,from coughs to death.

psychoticgenius
Smoking does NOT actually cause cancer it triggers it and can aggravate other ailments but without doubt, yes it does cause problems

Ben
What?

private dick
Rating
of course not go on spark up dont worry about cancer you could get hit by a bus tomorrow

candyfloss
Rating
yes what planet have you been living on, to have not realised this.

lynn
Rating
ah yea course it does passive smokin is like smokin yourself dont do it noooooooo

meeshathecatdiscobitch
Where have you been - All your life ?

rich
Rating
No, but not being able to spell problem might.

?
Smoking causes many problems. My grandmother smoked for sixty years, and I saw her last days on earth. She had Emphysema and Asthma. She died in September 2003. My mom smoked for about forty to forty-five years before finally quitting because of other health problems.

Smoking cigarettes, pipes, cigars, and even chewing tobacco can cause many conditions, from lung cancer to heart disease, throat cancer, mouth cancer, plaque in your heart and arteries, raise your blood pressure, cause wrinkles, gives you bad breath, causes your clothes to smell, gives you blood-shot eyes with a tint of yellow in them, turns your finger nails yellow. The list goes on and on. For some, the symptoms of smoking are different, while others, one person I knew in particular smoked for seventy years, his doctor told him to quit, he did, he became terribly ill, went back to smoking, and his illness went away. Unbelievable, perhaps so, then again, it's still something you don't want to begin. My tech education teacher in middle school chewed tobacoo for forty some years, he didn't come into school one day and we later learned that he was going to be out for a leave of absence because he had mouth cancer. His entire mouth had caved in from weakened gums and bones. His entire jaw had to be repaired and hinged together again with bones from corpses.

Many relatives of mine have smoked and have since quit, thank God. But, that still doesn't mean that they might not show signs of diseases or considtions later on in their lives. Younger people who start, think the same thing all the time, "nothing will happen to me. I won't get cancer, I can stop whenever I want to. I won't age likethose other people do." Little do they realize that once nicotine gets into your blood stream you become dependant on it. It is as simple as that. People who quit smoking, usually women this falls under, have a difficult time more so, they tend to become heavy and put on quite a bit of weight.

One thing that is for certain, and medical doctors will speak alike on this, smoking causes your hunger to decrease, therefore the nicotine is replacing your hunger craving with the input of more and more in your system. You will notice that teens who smoke or those in their twenties are thinner than normal. No, they weren't blessed with being this thin from the start, they started smoking from a young age and therefore have in essence replaced their nutrition with nicotine instead. I know of one such person who happens to be a client of mine, he started smoking right after he moved from Massachusetts, he's 19 yrs. old. He's probably been smoking now for roughly two to three years. He eats nothing, sleeps all day, doesn't talk.

You wouldn't believe at how smoking can affect everything about you in your day to day activities, from eating to speaking to mood swings. The best case scenario, don't start. If you already have, it's not too late, quit while you still can.

Good luck to you. J.F.

seth_hutchinson
Yeah, so cancer if you do, cancer if ya dont.

jannie a
yes its passive smoking artists who have performed in clubs and pubs who have never smoked have contracted cancer from the working environment they were in same as bar staff and in bookies and any public place where smoking is allowed

Dover Soles
Rating
It does if you're a non-smoker!

gangadharan_nair
Please see the webpages for more details on Passive smoking. It causes increased risk of lung cancer, heart disease, miscarriage and birth defects, sudden infant death syndrome, developing asthma both children and adults, learning difficulty in children, lung infections, ear infections and allergies in children.

heir_to_christ
Rating
It might do in later life
It is bad for your lungs, and all your internal organs.
You will look older than what you are, if you smoke a lifetime.
Smoking kills

Cupids-Torture
Rating
Passive smoking is actually more dangerous than lighting up yourself.

Bigger risk of lung cancer and other very serious conditions, dont do it.

NutstersChick
Yes.
The list of diseases & health problems, grows.
Passive smoking causes damage 2 others, it is quite frankly, selfish & dumb!

amber_xx66
yes it most certainly does,even though i'am a smoker and have no intention of giving up,but if are thinking about smoking please DON'T as you will regret for the rest of your life if you get hooked on them,i'am aware that this sounds stupid as i still smoke but i have my reasons,but i had my left leg amputated in 04 all due to smoking,i was shocked to say the least,as i had never heard of this before but it is a fact,both sides of My family were heavy smokers and never lost a limb,so it must be the luck of the draw

sawyer
ya ya ya..

Twitch
Rating
Have you been living in a CAVE in Afghanistan?
Of course it causes problems---cancers of all sorts, makes you look old and ugly, emphysema, bronchitis, addiction, the list goes on.

harridan5
Yes. Lung cancer. Emphysema.

bannister_natalie
???????????????????????

Passive smoking

Yes it is harmful.

Any smoking is bad for you no matter how it is done.

I would just like to say that I dont know where that guy has been who says it is proven not to harm you. As I work in a cancer hospital, I can 100% confidently say that passive smoking is bad. If you dont believe me, go and ask all the cancer patients, whom are dying due to the ignorance of that guy.

Read the cigarette packets

anne f
Rating
Of course it does. It is liken to playing Russian Roulette my friend.

H
OFF CAUSE IT DOES!

As a child I had constant ear & throat infections.

Both my parents were smokers along with most of my adult family.

I had my tonsils removed when I was 5 but still continued to get chest & throat infections.

Relief however came when I married at the age of 22 to a none smoker and unless I am exposed to smoke or worse still people smelling of smoke I remain very well indeed. A horrible habit, I no longer have my mum & dad or any of the smokers in my family they all died young, to young!

Doris D
all i know is what ive heard and the answer is yes it can cause all kinds of things cancer being at the top but a lot of other breathing problems.

Freakyfran
Rating
of course it does, you are taking the smoke into your lungs

Paul M
yep the most serious proble associated with this could be death if you inhale enough smoke.

deborahrumbles
Of course it does, to the person inhaling it can cause cancer and to all others passively it can also cause cancer, and trigger of an asthma attack to known asthmatics, Yuk it also stinks and makes your teeth yellow, Minging...

Buzz s
That is how most of the problems related to smoking occurs: cancer, associated lung conditions, Reynaud's etc.

zuj
Yes - it's called 'passive smoking' and it can cause cancer, asthma, emphasima.

mudsud
Rating
smoking is the very worst thing you can do to your body

Blackbird
Rating
no, none at all. The warnings on the cigarette packets are just a little government joke to scare you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, June 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy