Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

My boyfriend has a red, itchy patch on the top of his foot, about an inch in diameter. Any suggestions?
We are pretty sure that it isn't athlete's foot. He's had it for about two weeks and it keeps getting bigger, probably because he keeps scratching it. Does anyone know what this might ...

Hung over and in work any quick cures?

Why do i get swollen tender white head bumbs on my face when i let my facial hair grow?
Sometimes when i let my facial hair grow out i get a swollen white head and i squeeze it and following the white i get a clear drainige it hurts so much. Also underneath my neck my lyph notes get ...

Help, i have a bad acne does anybody know what else i can try to get rid of it ?
im 14 years old and have had acne for about 2 years, its really bad now its all on my face and back. I have been to the doctor and he gave me some antibiotics but they didn't help, i have tried ...

Cure to acne???
is the sun good for pimples??...

How to Get rid of Acne?
hey everyone im 16 and had acne for a good 2 years now and its recently been getting a lot worse ive tried so much i went to see a dermatologist and tried proactive i'm not to sure what to do ...

How do you get rid of blackheads ?
Me and my friend would really like to know, thanks. ...

Does a good diet really help prevent acne?
I have heard that a healthy helps prevent acne and that it gives you a good complexion i have also heard that plenty of water is good for your skins health is this true?
Additional Details<...

My child had a tick on her head?
I have found a tick on my little girls head a very fat blacky coloured one.. Pulled it off there is no blood or holes on her head but lots of yellow what looks like eggs..? I have cleaned her and ...

How can i get rid of these spots before Saturday?
I am a 37 year old female and i have erupted in spots on my chin which i wouldnt usually mind but i am going to a wedding on saturday. Does anyone know of anything that i can use to get rid of them. T...

What is a good cure for acne that does not need meds?

How can i remove my dandruf?
divyesingh@yahoo....

Can hairspray make your scalp itchy?
my scalp is always itchy n i dnt ave dandruff or head ...

I have problem of acne on my skin,and it is been now 4 years i am suffering this condition, what should i do.?
male,21yrs.
pimples on face, some times boils appear also on shoulder and back too....

Isn't there some kind of liquor that helps with rashes when applied?
Like wiskey or brandy or something?...

What is the best treatment for eczema?

Acne Help!!!?
I have had acne since I was 12-13, now I am almost 20 and it seems to be getting worse, not for sure but it deafinatly hasnt gotten better. I have tried many things and nothing works. Also it takes a ...

Need help with my baby's eczema!?
my son is almost 2 now, and in the past 2 years we have gone back and forth to doctors and nothing is really giving him relief. He scratches til he is pouring blood and his skin is looking more like ...

I have quite a bit of acne, does anybody know what i can do to get rid of it?
I know its normal for me during the teenage stage to have acne, but most of my friends don't but i do. Is there anyway that i can get rid or lessen the acne outbreak? I feel like I don't ...

I removed a small hard painful bump on my index finger with a pin now I have a hole which bleeds constantly?

oxide23
Fiber glass is iching my hands?
I was cutting a fiber glass case and pick up the shaving and threw them in the bin, now i have blisters on my hand, why.

efes_haze
Sadly, you have miniature fibres of glass stuck in your skin. That's causing the itching. Hopefully, they work they out in time.

Next time, you really must wear gloves. It's not nice stuff.

jeff
Rating
Please get seen to as soon as possible lol thank you

Bruce
the very small glass particles have gotten into your hand. You should have been wearing gloves. Be thankful that it wasn't your eyes, then you would really have a problem.

oddball59
Rating
Whenever you handle fibre glass you need to wear glove as it is a strong irritant. (Too late for me to say now) I think it has something to do with the microfibers getting into your pores. You should also wear goggles and a mask in future just to be safe.

Rinse your hands thoroughly and apply calamine lotion if you have some or another cream for itching.

Hope that helps.

Ò‰FuzzyÒ‰ - Ò‰No-NosedÒ‰ - Ò‰ChimpÒ‰
you have thousands of tiny glass slivers embedded in your skin. If you didn't wear gloves, I take it you didn't wear a face mask, so you have the same damage to your lungs too?

NIck N
This happens to me occasionally. First aid is to rinse off with plenty of running water. If you rinse off with bleach also help relieve the pain. The pain is caused by the glass fibers actually getting embedded and cutting your skin on your hands. Your body is fighting the infections that micro splinters of glass has caused. Next time use gloves and be sure to wear eye goggles to protect your eyes. You were luck this time as nothing got in to your eyes. It was just your hands. Imagine the pain you would be going thru if you got these fiber of glass in your eyes.

slave2poison
first things first: DON'T SCRATCH IT!!! that will embed the fibers into your skin. use dish soap to wash your hands, and if that doesn't help the itching, contact your doctor.

anne b
Rating
fiber glass is very bad for you the little fibras cut you also stick into your skin and they are very fine ,

landgirl60
Rating
Err.... fibre glass..abrasive ?? pain.. it all follows !!

dances with unicorns
Rating
Fiberglass is literally fibers of glass. You very likely have tiny slivers of the glass in your hands, and the stuff itches madly, not to mention irritating the skin. If it doesn't stop soon, you should contact your doctor about the best way to deal with the problem.

fiddlesticks9
Rating
Fibreglas is an irritant, with the tiny slivers of glass getting into your skin. In addition to that, there are the chemical components of the fibreglas structure you were cutting, which are HIGHLY irritating to the skin and can cause industrial dermititis.

Wash the skin VERY thoroughly with soap and water several times.
Do NOT rub it.
the blisters on your hands are the result of the skin trying to flush OUT the chemical contamination and tiny glass fibres.

Whenever you handle fibreglas insulation or any fibreglas product, always wear gloves and a respirator if you are cutting or working in dusty conditions. Fibreglas FIBRES do NOT come out of your lungs.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy