Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Why are there so many obese unheathy people in the U.S.?

When I drink orange juice or grape juice..?
I get very weak, shaky and have to lay down..this passes within about half hour.....is it some kind of fluctuation in sugar or insulin levels..? I am not diabetic...no major health problems.......

Can diabetes be cured??

Is it possible for a skinny person to get Diabetes?

Do I have diabetes?
I'm really skinny, but my blood sugar was 124. I'm 10..so I dont no.....

Can diabetes be cured?

Is it possible I have diabetes? My grampa says I have some symptons.?
I get thirsty after anything I eat. ANYTHING. Whether it's a sugary sweet or a piece of fruit, I get thirsty. Is that normal? I also need the bathroom more frequently than I remember when I was ...

What was your sugar reading when you were diagnosed with diabetes?

Do you have diabetes?
I have diabetes and i got it when i was 3 how old were you when you got diabetes?...

Iam addected to sugar and my grandpa of my dad's side has diabities iam i at risk?

Additional Details
it was just my graandpa form my dad's side of the family and my mother cusion who have ...

Ok does this sound like diabetes? i've been to the doc but havent got my results back yet and realy scared.
1)realy bad dizzy spells + bluryness
2) sickness
3) i get ill realy easily (i've been ill every holiday)
4) feel hungary all the time
5) feel tirsty all the time
6) need ...

Can high blood sugars cause a person to be aggressive????????

I have diabeties and i dont take my meds at all but i have faith in god so i know im ok?
but doc say i could die or lose patrs why??...

Is type1 diabetes dangerous to a 5 year old boy?
:(...

How do i carry my insulin on the plane ??
I am flying to florida in a few weeks and am having a bit of a nightmare deciding what to do with my insulin!!! I have contacted the sirline and informed them i will be carring needles and insulin ...

Fasting blood test?
im going having one next week and have been told to eat or drink nothing for the 12 hours before,what would happen if i was to eat or drink something on the morning of the test before i hd the test,...

How do you know if you have Diabetes?
Without a blood test? or a pinch test of you blood?.......

Any cure for diabetics without pills and without injection?

Would it be ok to inject my insulin through clothes?
I am going to a wedding and am planning on wearing a dress as i won't be able to hitch it up at the table during the reception to inject into my abdomen I wondered if it would be ok to inject ...

I have known of persons who had diabetes and some have had limbs amputated or have gone blind. Why is this?

gigglewabbit
If you eat a lot of sugar will you get diabetes?

JJ
Rating
That's the cause of diabetes.
So, Yes.

IVERSON'S #1 FAN
not only you will get diabetes u will also get ur legs cutt off thats wut happened to my grandma so id becarful if i were u

nika p
you might, but you will also get worms...
....heart attack when older

zdrewbie
Rating
yes its a fact studies have shown it

stitchfan85
it's one of the contributing factors.

Dylan M
yes

jenimiper
Rating
If you eat a lot of sugar and don't exercise you could be at risk for diabetes but eating a lot of sugar isn't the main cause of it.

gbutiri
Rating
Short answer, Yes!

Long answer: Possibly. Your pancreas regulates sugar in the blood stream. If too much sugar is taken in, your pancreas is overworked. Constantly stressing your pancreas, could damage it. Same way that smoking stresses your lungs by dirtying them and them having to clean themselves out, and if exposed for too long, you can possibly damage them too.

Sugar, especially man-made, is very damaging if taken in large quantities. The same way your liver can become damaged form too much alcohol (liver gets rid of toxins, such as alcohol), your pancreas can get damaged from abusing sugar.

A non-functioning pancreas that is unable to regulate sugar in the blood, is called diabetes.

Your pancreas creates a chemical called insulin, which feeds your body cells oxygen and sugar that flows through the bloodstream.

Once your pancreas no longer functions, there is no insulin to help feed your cells, including your nerve cells, which require sugar.

Oxygen attaches itself to sugar. That's how you get oxygen to the brain. If the pancreas is not functioning properly, no insulin, which means, no sugar in the cells, which means too much sugar in the blood, which means too much oxygen to the brain. That's a hyperglycemic coma. Hyper = too much, Glycemia = sugar.

If too much insulin (artificial by injection directly into the bloodstream) is used, the exact opposite effect occurs, and this is a hypoglycemic coma, or hypo for short. hypo = to little or under.

If there is too little sugar/oxygen content in the brain (which has the same effect as alcohol), you become "drunk", or slide in a hypoglycemic coma. This is one main reason why diabetics should not consume too much alcohol.

Diabetics who slip into a low blood sugar coma, need to replenish the sugar, that's why a lot of them always carry a glucose tube (sugar tube) or a can of pop/soda/coke with them.

My mother is a diabetic (hypo) and she always drinks orange juice whenever available since it's a natural sugar and less "junk" in it. Whereas soda, or pop contains acids and chemicals that can be harmful to the rest of the body and teeth.

Diet sodas will NOT work as there is no sugar to replenish the lack thereof in the body.

I hope this helps.

Michael B
Rating
Over a long period of time (years) probably so.

pollywollydoda
Rating
Maybe!

Bobbi
Rating
Eating sugar has nothing to do with diabetes. What you wanna be afraid of is eating 'white' food. Like rice, cauliflower, etc. They turn into sugar in your body. My late husband was diabetic, his stomach exploded and he passed away from a diabetic coma. If you think your diabetic, check with your doctor. Good luck.

FoundNemo
maybe in the future. heredity has alot to do with it though

Cathy :)
Rating
Eating a lot of sugar continuously for years might give you type 2 diabetes. This is a kind of diabetes where your body is so used to heaps of insulin that it gets resistant to it, kinda like how if you have chicken pox once then you are resistant to it so don't get it next time. The best way to reduce your risk of getting type 2 diabetes is to eat healthy and stay healthy. No lifestyle changes will affect you getting type 1 diabetes (the kind people ususally develop when they're young) as this is an autoimmune disease (ie. totally different!). Hope that helps! xx

luvmykids
Rating
No. But if you eat too many calories and become overweight and do not exercise you increase your chances. Sugary foods have a lot of calories. Also, it has a tendency to run in families.

fay ryan
Rating
Not straight away and i'm not sure about progressive diabetes but it'd eventually lead to it along with obesity and just straight up being unhealthy and unfit. Why you would wanna eat alot of sugar has got me confused????

youyou
Rating
NO

Manrolls
Rating
No, but you can get really sick.

bulloch2004
not necessarily. it can be caused from being overweight though.

Doc8
Rating
no but you can get fat

J W
Myth

Paula F
Rating
Sugar is not the cause of diabetes, the body's inability to regulate insulin from the pancreas is what causes diabetes. There are risk factors and genetic tendencies. If you have known risk factors, a diet high in simple sugars can add to the risk that you will develop the disease.

Mr. Peachy®
Rating
Sugar doesn't cause diabetes. When my mother became diabetic in the sixties, the dumbass doctor said it was because of the candy she ate. BS. I quit sugar back then while I was a teenager. I became diabetic a few years ago when I was 52. It has nothing to do with sugar. It has more to do with consuming fats, (poor diet), sedentary lifestyle, excess weight, etc. Don't believe me, though. Read this...
http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/sept/sugar.htm

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy