Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

My husband was just diagnosed with diabetes. His blood sugar level was over 500. what does this mean?
I realize this is serious but I don't know what the good and bad levels are. Everything I have found doesn't mention anything about levels being in the 500's. Thanks J...

What does hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia mean?

I am a Diabetic and I need to know if I can bring Insulin and Needles on a Domestic Flight. Can I?

What to eat if sugar dropps?

I think im diabetic, how can i tell without going to the doctor?

Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
i am diabetic and am 2 month pregnant. is it safe for me to consume honey??
Additional Details
thank you so much for the answer given so far..cant thank you enuff.

mmm can i ...

Who is better? The Beatles, Led Zeppelin or U2? Why?

,Please help me, I eat right drink plenty of water take the recommended fibre , exercise, no bowl movement.?

What kind of diseases are caused by eating too much sugar?
are there any? and does anyone know any children who got sick from eating too much sugar?

Im trying to let my boyfriend know that he is giving his daughter way too much sugar. He says ...

I'm 14....diabetes?!?
my mom and i have both noticed that im eating more and more lately but i don't seem to be any heavier, instead it seems that on the scale i am lighter.
i heard that this is a symptom of ...

If you have prediabetes, how to prevent diabetes?

Age of Diabetes Diagnosis?
At what age is it normal to be diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? is it unusual to be diagnosed in your 20's?...

Just got diagnosed with diabetes, when will it go away?
Well turns out ive probably had it most my life and ive been just fine--- my boyfriend got a little spooked when i collapsed while we were out so he basically made me get some testing and yeah it ...

Diabetic or something else?
Blood work showed Trigylcerides at 206. LDL at 120 (I think). Liver Enzymes elevated (AST at 53 and ALT at 80). BP (hypertensive) running 166-170/95-100 (with meds). Glucose initial screen (random ...

What are the symptoms of having diabetes?

How can we prevent diabetes?
how can an individual prevent diabetes or control it?...

16 years old and blood suager is 113. is that bad or normal??

Do you feel bad for diabetics?

Should I get tested for diabetes?
My friend has diabetes and i was using her tester and at a random time of the day and my sugar was 235... and a few days before when I woke up it was 217. I know both these numbers are high but ...

What medication do diabetics take...????
What do you take for a cold or flu when you've got diabetes...? My wife has type 2 Diabetes and was told by a pharmacist that she can't have lemsip or any beechams or anything like that i ...

deeyve
What foods can u eat to lower your blood sugar if u are a diabetic?
I am a diabetic, and I use food and exercise to lower my blood sugar. I would like to lower it more through food with a moderate amount of exercise. Right now I have to exercise excessively. But, I have heard a certain diet could really help.

SMOKE-N-JR--R--HOT!!
Rating
I don't believe any food will lower your blood sugar, definitly dont take Big B advice those will all raise your sugar fast.

amythenotsoevil1
First of all you need to cut out high sugar foods and high fat foods....Also do not drink considering that alcohol contains a lot of sugars....You need to eat more natural complex carbohydrates like pasta, rice, bread, and potatoes which cause sugar to stay at more consitent levels....A great site to learn more about things you can eat and should not eat is
http://www.healthgoods.com/Education/Nutrition_Information/Nutrition_and_Health/diet_lower_triglycerides.htm

It also expalins more of he reasons why...

This is life!
Rating
U should eat stuff that are sour.. or even drink the juice of Bitter Melon on an empty stomach.. but remember u don't want it to get too low.. For sour.. try Tamarind.. u can find it at any indian grocery.. but remember too much is not good.. not at all

myblacklab93
Some of those others answers.......... . There is no food to help lower any sugar and there are NO herb drugs either. The main thing you will want to do is keep track of your sugars so you know where you are at, choose the proper foods and exercise. Take any meds you are on at the sametime, daily.

There is no certain diet for a diabetic because all diabetics are different. What works for one may not work for the other. Eating is done in moderation as well. If you overeat, naturally your sugar will go up no matter what it is that you eat. I am not on any special diet. I can eat anything I want. It's so different nowadays as from 47 years ago! What are your sugars running? I understand that if your sugar is high to begin with, do not exercise as it will only raise it more. That has never happened to me but then again everyone is different. What type are you? Me, type 1.

Barbara M
Rating
I cook for a Diabetic and here is what i cook alot of Salmon yep salmon ! Ralphs bloodsugar reading was running over 200 until I switched up the diet plan. I cook salmon 3 times a week. I cook chicken or turkey the remaining days. Getting bloodsugars under control isnt that hard but you do need to change up your lifestyle a bit. I make for treats peanut butter cookies using Carb Options peanut butter and diet sweet and low brown sugar. If your a bread eater RUN away from white bread go and buy Pepperridge Farms Carb Style bread its really good. Now time for the dairy issue Forget white milk for now go buy Hood Calorie Countdown its white and Chocolate. Hood has a websight for view thier products. Now Veggies Lets forget potatoes for now and work with Greens Salad Green Beans They do a good job at reducing carbs! Read your labels dont go over 17 carbs keep foods at a safe level. Im adding a page to my webpage for Diabetic Cooking Tips And recipies within next 2 weeks so bookmark my sight and check back
www.barbmotto.com/

BRUCE D
Rating
Look into the South Beach Diet. It will steer you into the right direction of good carbs and good fats and protein. There are no foods that really lower your blood sugar, but lots that won't cause as a high a rise.

Kunwar Singh
In order to keep your blood sugar level under control, you need not to panic to visit a doctor. There are no Allopathic medicines available in the market that will cure the diabetic conditions of humans but they will control the disorder up to certain levels. The disease is developed due to eating disorders and hereditary. In the first place, I have never accepted diabetes as disease but considered it to be a disorder. The medicine is readily available at home in the form of natural products and you need not to go to market to purchase expensive medicines. To keep the sugar level under control, follow my suggestions and see the difference. Drink the juice of one bitter gourd, one cucumber and one tomato on empty stomach in the morning on a regular basis (drink this juice twice a day if you are insulin dependent) until you start feeling relief and your blood sugar level starts decreasing and continue further for a very long time until your sugar level reaches border line. The sugar level will certainly come down. Eat plenty of cucumber before meal to quench your thrust and to fill your empty stomach. Cucumbers are considered and proved to be very good for diabetic patients. Diabetic patients are always hungry to eat but can not eat all. Avoid banana, mango, custard apple and sweets like ice cream, pastry and cold drinks totally. If you are insulin dependent, even eating rice would be very harmful. You can eat fruits like guava, pineapple, pomegranate, papaya, muskmelon and watermelon. Taking one tea spoon Fenugreek powder and quarter tea spoon cinnamon powder on empty stomach before breakfast daily would be beneficial to diabetic patients. Regular brisk walking for one hour daily would be the best ideal medicine for diabetic patients. Cut down on non-vegetarian, fast, spicy and oily food, aerated cold drinks and foods rich in calories. Correct constipation. Avoid alcohol and tobacco also. Tea and coffee are also bad for health because they Caffeine promote calcium excretion from the body and results in calcium loss from the bones. Drink plenty of water daily. Take one tablet of Diabecon (By Himalaya an Herbal Health Care Company in India) twice a day if available in your country, as a maintenance dose. Take care and be in good health.

lady
Rating
try garlic... try to reasearch the health benefit of this herb. it is consider as a herbal medicine

pip
look up the glycemic index and eat food that have a low GI value. there have been some studies on certain herbs that can help the body maintain blood sugar but i don't have my books on me right now (I'm at work) and would hate to spout out the wrong ones.. but any natural foods store will probably have someone who can help you out with that.

TweetyBird
Go to the website for the ADA. This is the American Diabetes Association and all diabetics should be familiar with it. It has complete information on what you seek to know.

For the wit who suggested orange juice, etc., prune juice has more grams of sugar than orange juice. Suggest that next time and kill two birds with one stone.

heartache
Rating
Good complex carbs will help your blood sugars stay at a good level. As will taking a supplement with cinnamon in it. Cinnamon has been proven to help your body use synthetic insulin better and to keep it level

cute chick
Read some useful tips on diabetes and more on this site to help you with it

Rose
Rating
They say eating a cinnamon stick will lower your Blood Sugar.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy