Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

Does using computer cause acne?

How do i get rid of danduff?
help please i suffer with danduff. any advice please?...

How can i get rid of a mosquito bite????????

Do you have cold feet?

What is pus?

Is there a cure for psoriasis?

What's the best way to get rid of whiteheads?
I have whiteheads all over my face and they never go away. so whats a way i could get rid of them?
Additional Details
i already use clearasil ultra every day. and i have these white ...

ACNE!!!! CAN YOU HELP!?
ok so i have acne and i want it gone before school and my school starts in 2 weeks! any advice! what works for you without any drying out and works fast and simple!?
- jackie <3...

Why do I get sweaty armpits?

How do I get rid of body odor?
Umm...how do I get rid of the body odor on my armpit?
I recently got that,and I get that smell every time I sweat......

Need help I have lumps of dandruff on my scalp tryed cold tar shampoos but to no avail still have dandruff?

Can people die from other people bitting them?
I NEED MORE ANSWERS PLEASE.

Can people die from other people bitting them?
Please help me. Me and my BF were wrestling and he was like choking me, so I bit him and I broke the skin ...

How can I cure my eczema?

Stop scratching those bug bites??
My nephew gets bug bites on him every time he visits his mom. (Flea bites) He scratches them until they bleed and now he has horrible scars all over his arms and legs. What can we do to stop him ...

Mosquito bites?
Anybody got any good remedies to stop mosqito bites itching like crazy? I dont like itching them because they can get infected and scar - they are driving me mad though, even though I went to the ...

Are there any particular vitamin pills that makes your SKIN look better?
I like to maintain my youth & are there any safe natural pills that mainly focuses on the skin?...

Does your blood boil when you're ignored?

Sunburn soothers?
does anyone have any good tips for soothing sunburn? natural or other, i fell asleep & now look & feel like a lobster in a ...

Will rubbing alcohol really help oily skin?
I've heard that rubbing alcohol can help people with oily skin, but I want a second opinion from someone before I go off and do something like that. Is it true?...

Just to be wondering How do you remove scars from ur body?

pleasant torture
Why do i bite the skin off my fingers?
i always find myself biting the skin off my fingers until i bleed. ive been doing this forever and its pretty gross.

x‚ô•Emo is Love‚ô•x
Rating
ill

ronfredmarion
You worry and lie to much.

treseuropean
Are you a cannibal who stalks people online and asks them to come over and then eats them and puts them in your refrigerator?

jjthinstrips
Rating
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) is defined as a preoccupation with one or more defects in one's appearance for which most people can hardly notice or do not believe to be important. To fulfil the diagnostic criteria it must also either cause significant distress or handicap. The older term for BDD is "dysmorphophobia" which is sometimes still used in the UK. Some service users will acknowledge that they may be blowing things out of all proportion. Others are so firmly convinced about their defect that they are regarded as having a delusion. Whatever the degree of insight into their condition, sufferers usually realise that others believe their appearance to be "normal" and have been told so many times.
Many people are concerned to a greater or lesser degree with some aspect of their appearance but to obtain a diagnosis of BDD, the preoccupation must cause significant distress or handicap in at least one area of one's life. For example, someone with BDD avoid a wide range of social and public situations to prevent themselves from feeling uncomfortable and worrying that people are evaluating them negatively. Alternatively a person may enter such situations but remain very self-conscious. He or she may camouflage themselves excessively to hide their perceived defect by using heavy make up, brushing their hair in a particular way, changing their posture, or wearing heavy clothes. They may spend several hours a day thinking about their perceived defect and asking themselves questions that cannot be answered (for example, "Why was I born this way?", "If only my nose was straighter and smaller") They may feel compelled to repeat frequently certain time consuming behaviours such as:

* Checking their appearance in a mirror or reflective surface
* Seeking reassurance about their appearance
* Checking by feeling one's skin with one's fingers
* Cutting or combing their hair to make it "just so"
* Picking their skin to make it smooth
* Comparing themselves against models in magazines or people in the street

esalyers439
go to the drug store and get " no bite ". works great.

Justme06
Weird go to a phychiatrist.

Tina starting over
This is not normal honey it is called self injury and needs to be treated by a doctor. I am one too but I cut instead of biting.

Mr. Lemons
Rating
I do the same thing but not until I bleed.

tvballer6327
try putting Tabasco sauce on them either before they bleed or after they bleed for a real rush. and just maybe you'll stop.

Maybe you should get a weekly manicure and the attention your fingers get might allow you to stop. Especially since you don't want to ruin the 20-30 buck you just spent.

Serendipity
Rating
STOP BITING!

Mitchell B
Rating
I used to bite my nails really deep. Sometimes I bit them so deep, they would bleed. It is a habit. Any habit is hard to kick. Just stop everytime you catch yourself doing it and eventually you will stop. most of the time, you do it subconsciencely though you know you are doing it. Just catch yourself and tell yourself when you see yourself doing it to stop. Or you can just go see a hypnotist.

Dean B
Rating
You're either hungry or a vampire.

babyblues_1300
Rating
nervous habit try painting your nails or putting nail polish remover on your skin...you wont like the way it tastes

MissBates
i do that to... i don't think you can do anything about it. just stay calm. when i am nervous i bite the skin

Voxtar
u have an oral fixation

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy