Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

Blister under my eyelid! Very Painful! How do I get rid of it?
It's white in colour. My left eye has swollen because of that. Very itchy and painful. 2 days now...how do I get rid of it?? Will it vanish automatically over a period of 1-2 days? Pls help!!<...

Why is it called a Birthmark?
And how exactly does it get there?...

How do i stop my sweaty handssss???
ughhhh in school like everyday my hands sweat like crazyyy! like they literally kinda drip and its really embarrasing . ive had this for kind of a long time and by the way the weather is COLD out not ...

Why do I have small ichy bumps underneath my wedding ring?
No, it's not a cheap ring. I've worn it for 3 years and now lately when I wear it, I get little ichy bumps. I've taken it off and let the bumps heal but when I put it back on, same ...

What is your solution to decreasing acne?
I would love for my face to be smooth like very smooth.
I use olay lotion on my face before i put my make up on and after i take my makeup off;but i have slightly red bumps on the right side of ...

How to get rid of bad dry skin?
how to get rid of bad dry skin.. it get worst in cold weather and more dry in summer. tryed all kind of lotion.. but dont seem to work.....

How doi get rid of acne?
how can i get rid of acne on my back,chest and forehead????
Additional Details
i have acne on my back,chest,and forehead!!!yes i have long hair its almost past my back i use benza clin....

Why are some people really pale?
ive got fairly light skin myself but ive noticed some people have really pale skin almost sheet white. why? this is england is cold but its not the antartic....

Im miserable..please help?
i have had this blotch on my stomach cause i broke out from wut idk..then my armpit broke out and after 2months i still have it..well i randomly break out on other places on my body of this itchy ...

Natural psoriasis cure?
i need a remedy soon as my psoriasis is out of control at the moment, dont really know what to do. I dont want any of these creams(so called miracle) that i have spend in total in the last 6 monts £...

How long will the next 8 minutes take to go by?
I really want to go home!!!...

How do I get rid of a mosquito bite within one day?
Please help!!!
Additional Details
AND THEY'RE ON MY EYELIDS!!!...

How Can I Get Rid of Really Bad Dandruff?
My mom says I had incredibly bad cradle-cap when I was a baby, and apparently I never got rid of it! I am now 20 years old, and becoming increasingly frustrated with this! I have seen my doctor about ...

When you have a itch and you scratch it, where does it go?

Anyone know any really good ways to get rid of acne fast?
I have pretty mild acne. But i've been fun of it. Summers almost over and i want to come to school with a fresh face w/o acne. I've tried quite a few products like : dove cleanser, ponds , ...

I pierced my ear on saturday can i put a brand new clean earring in a week after without anything going wrong?
once the earring is clean i won't get any infections right??...

How do you get rid of head lice?
I have tyed everything and all of the lice shampoos what do I do? Can sombody help me TY...

How do i get rid of my zit?
I am getting a very important picture tommarow....

COLDSORES!! how do i get rid of it quickly?
i've suffered from coldsores since i was a baby and im goin out at christmas please help me get rid of it before them :(
Additional Details
ITS A COLDSORE ON MY LIP! I DO NOT HAVE HE...

I had this blister near my ankle. it was soft, perfectly round.i popped it and this liquid came outhelp!!?

Stephanie J
What should I do for a boil that I have under my arm?
It hurts like hell and I just wanted to know what shold I do?

Dermatolgist!!!

The mom
Apply moist heat, hot as you can stand as often as you can. That will encourage it to form a head and drain all by itself. Don't go poking, prodding or squeezing it because that can rupture it beneath the skin and just make matters worse. Keep it covered with a bandage until it has completely healed. Use an antibacterial soap in the shower, and don't reuse towels or washclothes until it's completely healed. In fact, don't wash that spot and other healthy skin afterwards becasue you can transfer the bacteria to a new spot. If it drains on it's own, it will heal faster because there won't be any other damage to the skin. Your body is quite capable of dealing with it without your help, and trying to help will make matters worse. If it doesn't drain in a day or so with the heat, then you will need to see the doctor to have it incised and drained, and some antibiotics. Right now, just apply heat and try to be patient.

inomostuff
Rating
Go to the Dr.

Chris E
Rating
warm moist compress 3 times a day to Draw it to the surface. you may need to see your dr for an antibiotic

Zack
Rating
have a man sqweeze it

jazmel
Rating
How awful
There is only one major alternative way for treating a boil. That is to apply a hot compress to the area for 30 minutes every few hours. It should burst and drain on its own. After it does burst, you should keep the area clean with an antiseptic soap and try to avoid contaminating other areas of the skin with the drained matter. You should never try to squeeze or lance the boil yourself because you could spread the infection and make it worse. If this does not work then you can have your doctor surgically drain them and prescribe antibiotics.

rynoslady
Use a hot compress and it will burst....its really gross but it will do the trick every time. Its an infected hair folicle...so a gross brother of the pimple.

Stellarrz
Rating
First, clean it then buy a burning medince or just put ice.

♥ fashion lover ♥
go to a doctor.

SerbY G
I believe that you may have a condition called Hidradenitis Supprativa. It is a condition of re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses , that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean and folliculitis. This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there.
Here is a link :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradeniti...
If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC.
Its better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, binkni line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rub against clothing. Stress is a big inducer.

There is some support groups at MSN

(http://groups.msn.com/HidradenitisSuppor...

and yahoo, and I am open for questions!
I have had this for 8 years, I was misdiagnosed for a LONG time, It was very embarrassing, painful and scary. I am just trying to help out so you don’t have to wait as long as I did.

Sherry
Ouch! I know that hurts. There is only one major alternative way for treating a boil. That is to apply a hot compress to the area for 30 minutes every few hours. It should burst and drain on its own. After it does burst, you should keep the area clean with an antiseptic soap and try to avoid contaminating other areas of the skin with the drained matter. You should never try to squeeze or lance the boil yourself because you could spread the infection and make it worse. If this does not work then you can have your doctor surgically drain them and prescribe antibiotics.

I hope you feel better.

CK
Rating
I do not think you are supposed to pop it. Just use warm compress and take Ibuprofen. If it does not go down in a few days. See the dr and he will pop it under clean sterilized conditions

Joey m
lance and launch it.

harvardbeans
Don't you hate it when people tell you to go to the doctor, as if that is a revelation?

Heat it to bring it to the surface then lance it (poke it with a sterile needle) to drain it. People say never use a needle on yourself, but I burn the needle and wipe it with rubbing alcohol and have never gotten an infection from doing this (have performed multiple minor surgeries on myself).

Clean and disinfect it after it is empty. Cover it. Change the dressing at least twice a day.

Antibiotics.

Edit = I am laughing at the people who think hospitals and doctors' offices are safe and sterile places. Staph infections are growing at epidemic proportion in these type of "sterile" environments because the bacteria have evolved and are immune to chlorhexadine and the various other antibacterial solutions that are over-used in hospitals and doctors' offices. One thing no bacteria can survive? Fire. Burn the tip of your needle until it glows red, then wipe it with rubbing alcohol to cool it. You will never go wrong.

Sam
lick it

lady
Rating
pop it and post the video on you tube!!

prthriz
Rating
eww

?
Lance it with a sterile needle. Give it a good squeezing. Put rubbing alcohol on it liberally. Then put a band-aid on it (after you stop screaming).

Keep an eye on it for a few days. If it gets real "angry" got to the saw-bones.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy