Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

How long is a foot?
isnt it twent inches?...

How can i get rid of scars i've had for ages from teenage acne?!?

About feet?
my friend has raw spots all over the top and sides of her feet, she says that it starts itching and when she scratches it gets raw what can it be her feet really looks bad im worried about them and ...

A quick acne fix?
Ok, I have a play tomorrow and I have a pretty big part.. I have been using a precription for a couple of weeks and the doctor said up to 3 months. I dont want to be the kid with acne so does anyone ...

Body Odor Cure?
Ok so i take a shower every second day. I use deotrant. I need a home cure or something for body odor. BTW i do eat spicy food and with a home cure could u tell me a really good but very cheap ...

I'm 47, never had acne and now am having breakouts on my chin and around my mouth. What could be causing this?
This has been going on for several months and no over-the-counter medicine has gotten rid of it yet....

How can I cure flaking facial skin?

Hi there does any1 have a cure 4 psoriasis pls ?
i have very bad psoriasis what is the best thing 2 use ?...

Red face all the time.. why??
I have a permanent red face.. can someone help me or advise me what to do to get my face back to normal colour.. PERMANENTLY!!!...

What is the best way to cover up acne?

What causes acne scars?
Is it breaking open pimples? What cuases acne pit scars?...

Any fast home cures for ringworms and toenail fungus other than bleach?

Can toothpaste get rid of acne?
if i use it about how long do i keep it on for
Additional Details
if i use it about how long do i keep it on for....and if not wat do you recomend i ...

My 6 year old son has really dry skin on his face ?
Is there a product to use to moisturise his skin ? I'm worried that moisturiser designed for adults may not be suitable....

What to do to get rid off that acne scars in my face??
i want sum1 who had experienced that problem to answer me.. i've suffered from acne for manyt years.. and when it disappeared,it left superficial scars on my face? can any doctor here advise me?...

Does Dawn Liquid Dishsoap help with oily skin?

What does it mean when you bruise easily and they won't go away for months?

Acne On face and back neck and shoulders!!?
How could i get rid ov ance in there areas? would showering everynight help at all?...

I have had an itchy chest after getting sunburn, and i wana know if it is because of the oil or used, or what?
Imy chest itches and it itches a lot more in water?...

I have really dry flaky scalp i have shaved my head bald but its still the same what can i use please?

Additional Details
is there any type of cream i can put on ...

my2boyz
What is the best way to keep constant cold sores under control? How can I prevent them altogether?
My son gets a cold sore practically every week. He always has, since being a toddler, he is now 14.

MsKia
Is he sharing juice wit friends? Chapstick? Drinking behind or Kissing someone with cold sores. Those are the number 1 ways to get them.

fantasywriter2025
Rating
I use abrova. I do not know if there is a to prevent cold scores. You can ask your doctor.

Máire Siobhán
A medical exam/physical will help determine if this is really recurring cold sores, or something else. There are other chronic conditions that have mouth sores as a symptom. I would agree with the physical to determine what's going on.

If it is cold sores (which is a herpes virus) then Valtrex, or something similar with get them under control for him.

Be sure he understands that a cold sore can be spread BY HIM to other parts of his body, including and especially his eyes, and that he should NOT rub or touch or pick at the sores, and keep his fingers away from his nose and eyes to avoid cross-infecting. You absolutely CAN get herpes in your eyes this way. Also, of course, he could possibly (less likely, but possibly) spread it to his "groin" area, so again, keep fingers away from the sores, and don't scratch, pick, or wipe his nether regions with infected fingers, or with a tissue that's been near his face.

Not trying to panic you, but it's a life sentence with this virus at this point in time, so help him keep from spreading it around on himself--highly contagious, as you can tell. Someone gave it to him. We are not born with it.

Brad
Rating
Theres a Herbal pill u can pick up at the local retail store for under 5 bucks. I take 1 or 2 pills of Lysine a day when I 1st notice a cold sore is apparent. They usually help it go away before it gets any worse.

pplz1st
a certain B vitamin

Paul D
Rating
You should be talking with your doctor. There are antiviral medications that can help. If he is constantly having outbreaks there may also be other immune system issues. Make sure he is getting enough sleep and that he has a healthy diet full of fruit and vegetables.

lguerrrr
Rating
Don't give him juice or fruit. Excessive acidity causes him to get sores in his mouth.

Joann C
Rating
hi buy Banadyne at the pharmacy it comes in a white and blue small tube it is liquid, it numbs the pain and heals fast, plus I take one Zovrax prescribed by my doctor and it knocks it out asap Good luck!

idontremember1106
Rating
Ummm i heard that if you put a hot tea bag on them you can help remove/ slow there growth so if you see one coming up put it on and it should take it off soon

Pauline P
Try the source below for cold sore treatment information.

bebop_music
Rating
i suspect theres something more going on here. like maybe he needs a multivitamin because his system is run down? make sure he gets plenty of sleep and lots of liquids. and change his tooth brush as soon as he gets over the cold sore. and make him put 'blistex' on his lips at least three times a day. and dont scratch, bite, or lick at the lips cause this makes it bigger

Rachel T
I think the Dr can prescribe some Valtrex. He can take one tablet daily as a preventative and it should help to keep them away.

Babies commonly get cold sores from people kissing them on the mouth.

dutchlady
Cold sores are more frequent because of stress, so you must have him learn how to alleviate his stress. There are several OTC medications out now that really work on the cold sore to make the healing time less. If he has one every week, you should have him examined by the doctor to see what is going on. My husband gets them, but only about twice a year. I know of no one who gets them every week. Because this is a virus, please consult your doctor for medication. OTC may not be strong enough, although cold sores run their course, and the medication is more for comfort than healing. Good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy