Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

I had surgery on march of 07. but the scar is lumpy and wont go away GROSS. any suggestions?
i had surgery to remove a cyst on my foot. but the scar wont go away. and its kinda lumpy and can only be described as meaty-ish. does anyone know how i can get rid of it? its brown, and it looks ...

Av got friggin spots all over me face?
how can i get rid of them?? its gettin on me nerves now!! i think am getting them cos am under a lot of stress at the moment!! i red marks were like av squeezed sum of them how can i get them away ...

My toenail is cracked, What should I do?
I didn't injure it, that I can remember. I am pregnant though. Wondering if pregnacy can make nails crack. It is cracked right across the middle. I think it will fall off. And I really ...

Dry Skin...?
Been using Retin-A micro on my back / chest for 3 weeks (it's really starting to sting now), but anyways I see my skin getting dry, What's a good moistureizer or lotion to apply on my back/ ...

What can I do to stop my lips going dry?
Hi, Almost every week my lips go dry. I don't lick my lips anymore and I keep using my lip stick but it's not helping at all. Is there anything I can do to stop my lips drying out?
A...

Smooth armpits?
how do you get smooth armpits like the girls in the deodranat commercials? wax or what ? i shave almost everyday and i have little stub hairs ?...

Does anybody else like squeezing blackheads or am I weird. I just love getting that dirt out.?
Maybe its a fetish? Spots don't do it for me though....

What causes you finger and toe nails to turn yellow ?
it starts off in a small spot than spreads to lmost cover the nail?what is it ?...

What is the difference between a sunburn and a tan?
If someone with white skin is exposed to ultraviolet radiation, what determines whether the skin is going to get burned or tanned?...

What fruits is good for the skin?

Additional Details
thank you for answering my question......

Acne along the jaw line...never gets better?
I've got acne along the jaw line, mostly close to my ears. This always looks like raised bumps and if I squeeze them (I can't resist, gross I know) something solid and white comes out. T...

Does anyone know how to treat acne without medications?
i seem to be struggling with blackeads and ocassional zits and a lot of oil..=[ can somone help???......

What do i do, i have a really BAD sunburn?
I have sunburn on my neck,back,shoulders and legs. Its pretty bad and i seem to be getting little bumps on my chest....

Whats the fastest why to get rid of a sun burn?
in so dark and red..lol how can i get rid of it before summers over..!!(help)...

Ive been getting alot of cold sores on my lips and?
i been getting them alot a few days later affter seeing my boyfriend!! its driving me insane! we only makeout but can it really be from that?! someone please help me!!
Additional Details

Are there any ways to get rid of/fade acne scars?
Homemade or otherwise? I am 14 and have scars from my acne. Any suggestions? Thanks!...

I hae been having white spots on my nails for a while now what is it?

What is the best way to get rid of mosquitos?
i have about 10 or more mosquitos in my house and i try to kill them but it does not work....

I am these strange purple lines on my back, what are they?
On my lower back I have these strange purple lines (they look like scars) and I have had them for a couple of years now. Does anyone have any idea about it?...

I discovered my palms are so hard, i mean strong, like coarse. it's being giving me nightmares, to soften it?
initially i thought rubbing creams and other moisturizers would soften it but to no avail. i am always embarrased when people shake my hand and exclaim "ah! your palms are so strong". pls ...

feeltherisingbuzz
What is puss made of?
I got bored and picked a huge scab off my arm.

It scabbed back over, but I wasn't satisfied and poked and prodded it, and stretched the skin at the sides so the edges lifted up.

Green puss has now started leaking from the centre of the scab and I'm curious what it's made of.

I'm also curious as to what scabs are made of and is it true they will make your hair and nails grow longer if you eat them?

Little_G x
Rating
ew

Ebonie C
Rating
puss is made of dead white blood cells

geoff d
Rating
Sugar and spice and all things nice etc ..........lol

Becca
Kinda gross question, but...
pus is made out of dead white blood cells
scabs are clotted blood. Don't eat them, that's gross

twinks
puss is a sign of infection, which may need to be treated with antibiotics and scabs are mad from dried blood and plasma, when you cut it these things form to protect the new skin underneath until healing is complete, dont pick it .

rose_merrick
bacteria and dead white blood cells

theoriginalbitch
Rating
scabs are made of protiene and blood not best to eat a coloured puss is usualy a sign of infection

Ollie
Bacteria sounds like you have an infection.

Abby
I think you need a psychiatrist.

Prophet of disaster
Rating
This is easily done I have done it and my doc gave me Hep Sulf 30 and the pus stopped and the scab fell away I was cured !! It's a homeopathic treatment.

Lovely
Ok, first of all, leave that scab alone! Green puss, that means infection, it's gotta smell like hell too. What is it made of? water and antibodies used to fight that infection... that... if it's green your poor body is losing. Scabs, made of dry blood, dead tissue, they protect the wound to heal better... stop bugging it or you'll end up with a nasty scar. Oh, and nothing you've heard about them is true. it's just... ewwww just think of this... if you eat it, you are probably get that same infection in your tummy.

mickeyblueyes
Now thats a closely guarded secrtet known only by the Colonel

Grace
Rating
Puss is made of bacterial infection. Green puss sounds really bad, scabs are made of some certain cells in your body.. When you have a cut those cells go to your cuts and build over it so keep you from bleeding and helps regenerate and heal the skin.

JJ 2k8
it's the stuff McDonalds call gherkin!

also, dont eat it, just leave it alone!

John N
Rating
Cute, short cat.

lianhua
Puss is made from dead white blood cells. If it's green there's probably dead bacteria in there too. Scabs are darker because they also have dead red blood cells in them - and dirt if you didn't clean the wound up first. The last bit sounds like a bit of an urban myth. I suppose blood does contain protein but I woudn't say scabs were part of a healthy diet!

Ecko
You should collect your scabs and keep them in a tupperware box.

Once you've got enough, but them in a bowl, pour over a splash of milk and sprinkle with sugar.

I guarantee they'll beat 'Frosties' hands down...

Ariel
Rating
Pus is made of bacteria. Scabs are made of blood.

No, that not true. I don't recommend eating your scabs.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy