Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

Is it an infection?
my sister dug her very sharp and dirty nails into my hand just 15 mins ago, and it is sort of red where she scratched my and it burns a bit too. there was only one cut, which i washed and bandaged, ...

What can i do for bad acne?
iahve tried pro active and that don't work any home remadies??...

Why do my body itch all over after taking bath?

How do i get rid of hickys FAST!!!??
i got a hicky && i dont want my parents to see!! what should i do?...

Can chocolate and soda cause acne?

My hands are cold are yours? ;D?

Can someone take a look at my pics and tell me what you think this is.....?
Its just on the sides of my back before it meets the armpit and the back of my thighs are starting too. I haven't ate anything different and it started after I left the tanning bed last night. I&...

Why do i always have cold hands?
Its been a major issue lately. My hands are always ice cold, even when my body or the tempurature is warm. Its also very difficult to make them warm. What could cause me to always have cold hands?...

Sunburn help?
i have a realy bad sunburn im out of aleo vera
and is there anything you can put on it to feel better
plz ...

What is the solution for cracked skin?
I have a crack skin on my finger and it was bleeding sometimes, I tried a lotion, but it didn't work, is there anything that helps?...

U wil be infected with hiv if u sleep with how many boys?
Im worried that im hiv beacuse i slept with 5 boys without using a condom so im very worried could that mean i have to go for ...

Will wearing gloves help protect me from the staff infections?
I have exema (sp???) and excess hand washing results in a break out of escama (sp???) ... so, I was wondering if wearing gloves is an alternative....

What does Toothpaste do to acne?

I don't drink alot of water...Does that have anything to do with causing premature wrinkles on your face?

Really itchy hands! Help?
The back of my hands really itch - moisturiser & hand cream just makes it worse, what shall I do?...

Acne problem.?
Ok. I have tried everthing! Prescrition benzylclin.Neutregena,proactiv,clearacel... gone,Now in process of clean in clear benn using it for a couple of weeks and i see no improvemnet of black heads.W...

How can i get my cold sore to heal faster?
I'm using this balm stuff but i want it gone now.. i always get them this time of year. So are there any tricks to making them go away?...

Are people with acne SOCIALLY unacceptable?
Each time a new relative sees me they tell me to use medication.They dont feel free to talk to me.Are people with moderate to severe acne really ...

Which is better??
Which is better for someone woth Mild acne along with cleaning my face 2 times a day
a refining mask
a clay maksk
or a Exfoliating peal??...

What would cause your belly button to "leak" , crust, and smell horrible for no reason?
This sounds really gross but its starting to get really disturbing.
I've always found that my belly button smells. and like if I itched it.. some white stuff would come out. Sometimes it ...

angrywinds
Very black neck!?
Black Neck?
Ok my skin is light brow. However, my neck is very dark. People quickly notice that my neck is darker then my face. My neck has little rings going around it too. I am overweight (14 and 200 pounds). So what causes this? And what can I do do combat it and get my neck to become the same color as my face and rest of body? I have been told this is caused by being overweight and I have diabetes devoploping. But, when I scrub or scratch my neck when it s moisturized Dirty comes off! a lot of it. SO I;m thinking this aint caused by being fat. am I right?

JackRakan93
Rating
That weird and gross at the same time. Go see a doctor.

Briana A
sometimes when you shave these rings occur;it could be from not using soap when you shave also and your weight has a big part to do with it to.

Nibblet
well, you could be right. I am not sure what it looks like, but you might want to try some witch hazel. It is a mild astringent, and you can dab the area with a cotton ball, and just keep the area dry. There are also lotions that I have seen in the stores, that can even out your skin tones. I would see if that helps if anything. But, honey, you should try to lose some weight, I have the same problem, and this is something we need to do for ourselves, so we are here for a loved ones! If you need some words of encouragement, you can email me, I understand. I am much older than you, and have struggled all my life with the weight thing. The best thing you can do, is never quit trying to get healthy. If you fail one day, don't let it get you down, just start again the next day. Never give up.

onetruerick
It sounds like PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Both my daughters have it. You need to see an OB/GYN. He will probably put you on birth control. You will be okay.

BTW, the PCOS causes you to be overweight - it is not your fault!

Lil JuJu
Rating
it's nothing to do with being fat...you just have to wash your neck a little more than you do now. Just wash your neck a minimum of 2 times a day (back and front)....another reason that your neck is darker than the rest of you could be eczema....but then again..just stick to washing your neck..

Cribber
Rating
The diabetes answer is very possible. Dark rings around the neck are a good sign that is the issue. At your age you can reverse the whole process by losing weight. What you are scrubbing off is just discolored skin. Self tanning creams that white people use work off the same process. It has to do with glucose in your skin tissues. Please for you health, do what it takes to lose the weight. It will be easier for you now than ever again in your life.

mvp09
its dirt and sweat mixed together..all you need to do is make sure you clean your neck very well and try to go on a diet and lose weight so that you don't sweat as much..just try to keep your neck clean as often as you can

Shea Shea <3
i don't know if it is caused by you being overweight, but
either way, you need to do something about your weight.

i am 16, and i weigh 105. there is no excuse why you weigh that much. maybe if you have some eating disorder or something, but yeah.
i'm not trying to be rude, but your weight may be the problem!
consult a doctor or something.

Starr Belle
its probably dirt from sweat...try using a scrub and rub with a damp, warm, wash cloth

Brenda
Rating
It is most likely a type of fungus that, while not directly caused by being overweight, gets worse b/c of it. A doctor should be able to give oyu something to help.

Also, a cotton ball or washcloth dipped in rubbing alcohol will really help to remove a lot of it.

lmao
i thinl you just need to wash it,
really good.

You have rings because your skin is wrinkling.
What I mean is, the fat on your neck is folding over so it folds.

i hope my answer made any sense... lol

palebeachbum
Rating
Hmm...if this darkness comes off your neck when you scratch at it, it may just be dirtiness. Does it come off if you wash your neck with a wash cloth? If so, it may be dirt from sweat and you may just need to wash your neck more often to keep it from getting so dirty. It could be caused by being overweight, I honestly don't know. Try to nip that diabetes in the bud ASAP! Diabetes is no laughing matter, especially at such a young age.

Ayah Ψ§Ω?Ω‡
Rating
omg ew use rubbing alcohol and scrub your neck

imperfection is beautyy.
Rating
sorry, that was really rude.

try washing your neck for a good hour or two, and see if your neck goes back to it's original color.
and for the rings, that could be from being overweight.

if you're really concerned about it, go see a doctor.

EDIT: and to the shea girl that keeps saying that there's no excuse for you to be overweight ... needs to get her facts straight before she talks.

shea, sweetie, people aren't born with the same metabolism and body type as you are.

i could name you 10 good reasons why people are overweight, but i'm not going to waste my time.

hope...
Rating
i don't think it is caused because of your weight. i am 13..5"7" and 220 and i don't have anything like that.

you just need to clean your neck..very well ...in the shower. it's probably just dirt...it should come off. just make sure you clean your neck really well..and maybe moisturize it after.

Jc
it means yu have a very dirty neck!!no offense..yu get dirt on your neck when yu dont wash it..a lot of ppl in my skool make fun of other ppl because they dont wash their neck..

aztecbt
Rating
I know that when people arent very healthy things like this can happen. For example: when ppl have dark spots under their eyes is bc they dont eat well or they dont sleep well. It could also mean that when you go outside you look down and the sun hits your neck first...put sunblock on it. EVERYDAY! Theres also some lotions and soaps that make your skin get lighter. Go to wal mart and look at the facial stuff. Dont worry...try one of these.

Chase
Rating
thats why u are over weight

black57
Insulin resistance. I see so much of this in the elementary school. I can't believe this goes ignored.

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/acanthosis_nigrica.html

House
Rating
AngryWind - The discoloration is Acanthosis Nigricans. It's usually associated with diabetes, and can be associated with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Bring it up with your doctor, but, as you get your blood sugar back under control, it will fade back to your normal pigmentation. Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Terms of use - Privacy Policy