Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

What helps a sunburn?
i was outside all day yesterday and wore sunscreen, and aparently when the bottle says "very much waterproof" it isnt the same AS being "ACTUALLY waterproof" so now i am fried ...

Do you know of any really good remedies for stinky feet?
my friend wants to know
Additional Details
thank you for your answers, btw, it really is my friend, her boyfriends feet, mine hardly ever smell!!!...

How do i get a nice tan without burning too bad?
I want to get a nice tan when i go to florida with my family instead of keeping my skin covered up and staying indoors. however, i have very pale skin and i am allergic to sunscreen. is this possible?...

How do you get scars on your legs to disappear?
i have scars on my legs from brusies that arent going away any advice?...

Wat is psoriasis?

I feel so bad for my friend?
MAN... i feel so bad for my friend, we use to hang out every day, for 5 years, BUT.. since i started getting some zits, and some pimples (nothing bad ) i just stayed home for like 2 months and never ...

Could my husband have given me his athletes foot by rubbing his feet on me during the night in bed?
Not on purpose of course....

Do girls like rough treatment?

I was wondering today in school why do we have blue veins. if our blood is red?

I have blackheads on my forehead that won't go away. Please Help. ?

My 6yr old has a bright red rash on both his cheeks, what could it be?
My 6yr old son came back from spending the weekend with his dad with a slightly red face, over the next hour it has become redder and blotchier and is now definately a rash which covers both cheeks. A...

How do i get rid of acne scars?
I have a lot of pimples and I try not to pop them, but then a few days later, I have acne scars. I don't want to buy any products though. I just want to get rid of them. Do you have any ways to ...

How to cure acne fast?
I have some zits like 3 or 4 on my nose. How do I quickly get rid of this?...

I have a ring and it turns my finger green when i wear it, could that make me ill?

I have rabies should i c a doctor?

Do Frogs cause warts?
Please settle a bet with my Wife? Factual info will get you best answer bonus points....

Zits on places other than the face!!!?
my cousin has zits on her back and is to embarassed to treat it...which i think she should right about now! will the treatment for the face work the same on the back?? she's desparate to get rid ...

My ears are red?
I was at the beach yesterday could this be it? And how can i make it go away? It ...

Im 16 and need help?
im 15 years old and only weigh 100lbs. i need serious help to put on weight. im gonna be starting college in 2 months and want two use the time wisely to put weight on.plzzzzzzzzzzzz help ...

Major cystic acne. These are hard/big as rocks. I have tired everthing that is prescription..nothing works.?
is there anything I try that is a non-prescription?? I have just started lemon juice on my face. I am soo desperate.

HELP:(:(:(:(...

Zoro The Great
Once a boil has popped will it get better on its own?
my 10 year old daughter has a 15cm boil on the back of her leg,we put drawing ointment on it and it popped but it is still just as huge,sore and red i jhave never seen a boil so big it is really really hard over a huge area of her leg

Tequila
Rating
See a doctor. She may be lacking some vitamins or supplement in her diet.See that the wound is clean and apply neosprin powder to keep it dry at all times and free from germs and tiny nats that may sit on it and lay eggs and cause more problems like maggots etc. Pleae check with your doctor at the earliest.

Kendall C
Rating
oh man... sorry im not really sure. you should see your doctor about it!

elmuzzy
yeah but put a hot compresss on for a few hours it works great

Rubber Cranium
Rating
Yup! Unless you have a genetic pre-disposition to regenerate eyeballs in place of lanced boils. That might prove... awkward.

Cribber
It can get better for sure, but you have to keep a close eye on it and you have to keep it very very clean. Any streaking, any increase in the redness, and you need to go to the Dr. right away. If you see any streaks leading out from it do not delay. 24 hrs should tell the tale. If it is better in 24 hrs then it is going to heal up on it's own, if kept clean. If it doesn't show improvement, then you need to get to the Dr. Keep checking her temperature over the next 24 hrs too.

Carol T
Rating
Are you sure it's a boil? If it is, did you get the root out? If you didn't, it'll come back.
If it isn't a boil, you could be looking at an infected spider bite. Or worse, a brown recluse bite. check on the web for signs and symptoms to be absolutely certain.
My Mom had a boil on the back of her calf and thought it was infected until it grew to the size of a quarter and was oozing. She went to the doc and she was lucky. It was a brown recluse bite that was caught early so she didn't have to have her leg amputated. Don't mean to scare you but...If you live in a region where they are native to, you have to be careful.

killing is making a choice
Yes, it'll get better by itself. Just warm compress it to make it feel better and to keep the swelling and redness under control.

rhsaunders
Rating
It can, but it might not; there are some really nasty bugs out there which could cause further invasion with serious or fatal consequences. Get the kid to a doctor right away.

the_silverfoxx
Rating
let a . dr. check it the seed has to com out or it will come back and your child needs medicaation to kill infection to make sure there.s no staff infection set.s up my honest opion?

justwondering
I think you should take her to her doctor to make sure it is not infected. Or call the "question" number on the back of your insurance card:
It sounds like the area it is is covering is pretty big.
I listed a website. It has to be determined what caused the boil and therefore the treatment. She may need an antibiotic skin cream. I hope she feels better. I know stuff with kids usually gets worse before it gets better.
Good Luck !

?
Rating
yes it will get better..... there is a product i bought called "draw out" that is suppose to help draw the stuff out but does it STINK and it is black and will stain everything...... so i just put neo sporen on a bandage and kept it on it and that helped it a LOT.... you may have to keep opening it but it will get better

camorningsurfer
Rating
sorry to hear about it. I would check webmd.com

Parakeetalisouse
Rating
YES

sentinelblcscom
Rating
if a huge area of her leg is hard she should see a doctor.

WILLIE M
YES IT TAKES ABOUT 3 TO 5 DAYS FOR A SCAB TO FORM OVER ,IT WILL ITCH VERY BAD THAT MEANS IT IS HEALING DO NOT SCRATCH BECAUSE OF INFECTION OR RECURRENCES .I HOPE YOUR CHILD NEVER GET ANOTHER BECAUSE THAT IS A PAIN NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO ENDURE.KEEP IT CLEAN AND DRESSED.

suigeneris-impetus
Rating
Do you have hydrogen peroxide? Put some on it. Check it again later because you may not have gotten all the "stuff" out. It should shrink within hours.

MHnurseC
Rating
Be sure that it is cleaned out well as this can lead to more infection and soreness if it isnt well cleaned. Once its clean, put some Neosporin on it and cover it up for awhile to allow themedicaiton to soak in and to prevent irritation.

sandoz
Rating
do take her to the DR. it sounds infected. Mine popped - it was still infected - if its huge, red, and sore please they hurt and can lead to blood poisoning

catzrme
Keep it clean and covered with a bandage. Neosporin under the bandage should keep infection down. ~

Julia D
Keep it clean, disinfected, and covered for a while, put NeoSporin on it. It may not be done yet, might still have more to come out. Don't mess with it other than to keep it clean and covered and disinfected.

If it starts developing red streaks around it or coming out from it, or green, discolored puss starts leaking from it, take her in to the dr.

Healing Oneself
Hi Zoro

Here are some ideas on how to heal the issue. Learn about detoxifing the blood for long term health (colon and liver cleansing).

Cause
The infection is usually due to the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus.

Recurrent boils can occur in people with decreased immune function, diabetes, chronic gastrointestinal problems, under active thyroid, lowered resistance due to borderline nutrient deficiencies, and chronic emotional stress.

Natural Cures

Note: Bursting a boil can spread it, leaving scars, and usually does no good until the core is expelled.

Aromatherapy: Draw out the boil with bergamot, lavender, chamomile, and clary sage.

Ayurveda: To bring boil to a head, apply a poultice of cooked onions. Wrap in cloth and do not apply onion directly to boils. Application of a paste of 1/2 teaspoon each of tumeric and ginger powder directly to boil.

Diet: Eat plenty of green, orange, and yellow vegetables, which are cleansing (try to have at least four different types of green vegetables a day, and keep this up for at least six months). Increase fluids, drinking water throughout the day, and drinking water with juice of fresh lemon and one teaspoon of chlorophyll upon rising and before bed. Also avoid over-consumption of white sugar and white flour products.

Flower Essences: Rescue Remedy Cream® can be applied (minimum four times a day) on unbroken skin around, but not directly on, boils. Flower essences for negative feelings surrounding the problem, such as Rescue Remedy® to help alleviate stress or Crab Apple for low self-esteem, negative body image, and feeling toxic.

Herbs: A blend of the tinctures of echinacea, cleavers, and yellowdock in equal parts, taken one teaspoonful three times a day can help speed the healing time for boils. Additionally, drinking a cup of an infusion of nettle, preferably fresh herb, twice a day, can be helpful.

Homeopathy: Bellis, Belladonna, Hepar sulph., Arnica, Silicea, Apis mel., Arsen alb., and Lachesis are all useful homeopathic remedies that can be taken alone or in combination with each other. Phytolacca is another useful remedy, but it must be taken alone.

Juice Therapy: Juice of parsley, spinach, celery, and pineapple may help to purify the blood. As an alternative, beet root juice can also be used, and is a traditional remedy used in Europe to help treat boils.

Nutritional Supplementation: The following nutrients can all be helpful for treating boils, due to their ability to boost immunity: garlic capsules, kelp, chlorophyll, proteolytic (pancreatic) enzymes (taken on empty stomach two to three times daily away from meals), vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin E, coenzyme Q10, raw thymus glandular, and zinc.

For boils compounded by chronic emotional stress, also consider adrenal and thymus glandulars, vitamin B5 (1 gram four times daily), and vitamin C (1 gram every hour).

Topical Treatment: Apply a mixture of honey, the oil from vitamins E and A, and zinc oxide to the infected areas. Do this several times a day, up to once per hour. Other effective topical treatments include a poultice of goldenseal root powder paste, hot Epsom salt pack (two tablespoons in one cup water), tea tree oil, or a poultice of one part sesame oil and one part lime juice mixed and applied externally.

Colloidal silver applied topically can also result in marked improvements.

Alternative Professional Care
If your symptoms persist despite the above measures, seek the help of a qualified health professional. The following professional care therapies have all been shown to be useful for treating and relieving the symptoms of boils: Detoxification Therapy, Environmental Medicine, Fasting, Guided Imagery, Magnetic Field Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Osteopathy, Oxygen Therapy, and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Best of health to you

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy