Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

The day after I drink alot, alchohol, my skin sort of hurts. Why?

How can I get rid of my acne?
I've tried different types of acne products, and nothing really seems to be working. I've tried Clearasil, Zap Zit, and Neutrogena. The Zap Zit makes my skin really dry and irritated. If ...

How long does it take for a hickey to go away???
I have one and i don't want any one to see it, and am just wondering how long it takes to go away?
Additional Details
If it helps it is actually quite huge like the size of a 50 ...

I have this smell when i dont wash between my legs..how do i get rid of it as we are going camping.?

I am a 13 years old girl and my face is full of acne and etc..could u suggest any good products?
I have already used quite a lot of products. Maybe that is why my face is the way it is??? Should i stop using so much and wait for while before using better products???...

Is it true that drinking skunk urine will make acne go away?

Is tanning good for you?

Additional Details
indoor tanning as in a ...

Iv got really bad shaving rash round my bikini line and little red spots what can i do to make this better?
also it needs to go down within 2 days as i have holiday ...

Whats the best way and quickest way to remove a wart from a finger?

Help no cure for head lice?
We have done EVERYTHING possible to get rid of head lice. Any ideas other than changing betting,etc. egg removal, cut hair, put vegetable oil in, changed schools, nobody else in household of 6 have ...

What is the skin below your elbow called?
I have always wondered if they had a name for it. Do they?...

Im having issues finding a good deodernt i sweat alot and ive tried eveything does anyone know of a brand that

How do you get rid of oily skin??
how do i get rid of oily skin? i have it and i hate it....

Help i have kinda severe acne can some give me advice to clear it up?
i have kinda severe acne i really want to clear it up because i am going to a new school in a couple of months and i dont want to have acne anymore what should i do ?...

HOW TO GET RID OF BIG UGLY ZITS OVER NIGHT WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION?
i need to get rid of them with no ...

What helps Mosquito bumps go away?
Two days ago I got 5 mosquito bites on my face and they look like big pimples on my face is there anything to speed the healing process?...

I have really dry lips. Any help?
chapped, burning, itching, cracked, peeling, almost scaley looking. Nothing seems to work. I've tried tons of different kinds of chapsticks, the whole brushing the lips things can't be done ...

How to treat chaffing caused by sweating?
My boyfriend works outside all day here in Nevada and it is really hot and he sweats between his butt cheeks and gets a really bad rash or sore all along his crack. (Sorry for the detail) I am just ...

I always have little bumps on face, are they zits?
i know that they are not pimple cuz i cant pop them, but when i put my finger over it it feels rough and when i scratch it, it comes off like a little white-ish thing, its really tiny like a 1/3 of a ...

Should I start treating my acne? (pic enclosed)?
Hey, I'm 16 now and I think I'm quite a late bloomer, only recently has my skin started getting really bad. I've been through various websites about how to treat it but I just wanted ...

karaluvsavon
My lips are so chapped, wind burned, and I have tried everything help!?

gabbie
use petroleum jelly

deedee
try Vaseline or the medicated chap stick,be sure and put it on before going out side for sure.

andi.wilding
Rating
use vasaline for a few weeks

glendaray961
Have you tried Vicks Vapor Rub.It works for me everytime

kitty_3424
lucus papaw ointment!! its soooo good! also good on pimples

meme
Try Vaseline my son gets really bad chapped lips and i put vaseline on them before he goes to bed and by moring they feel alot better.

Genius
Try a lip balm from aubreyorganics.com. They are natural and they work.

Kenster102.5
Rating
See a dermatologist.

lizthecheesewhiz
DRINK MORE WATER and take some vitamin supplement pills

kerrisonr
Break open a vitamin E pill- they usually have a gel/oil in them. Rub this on your lips a few times a day and it should help heal up the chap.

Be aware- you MAY get some small breakouts immediately surrounding your lips from excess oil from the Vit. E pill. But if you're careful this will be limited.

ALso- if you're into alternative treatments from the health-food store, try some Tea Tree Oil. Take a small amount and coat it on your lips. It works VERY Well.

Jen of Eve
Rating
Have you tried a vitamin E moisturizing stick? I get them at Wal-Mart in the vitamin isle. I use this on my lips many times in a day and my lips heal and become smooth. Try applying it every five minutes until your lips feel better then use it everyday as well as chap stick with sunblock. Your lips will peel and the dead skin will be replaced with new improved skin.

Minerva
Rating
i know this is going to sound a bit strange, but before bed at night, use some lanolin nipple cream on your lips (the sort that breast feeding mothers use). a chemist recommended this to me once as i used to get chapped, crack lips. it really works.

keengrrl76
Rating
Vaseline deadens the outer layer of the skin on the lips and discolors them. DO NOT USE VASELINE.

Drink a lot of water, especially smart water and don't drink any soda or gatorade (high in sodium).

For your lips, I recommend the honey lip balm from L'Occitane...it's a great moisturizer and doesn't feel sticky. It has the slightest hint of honey scent.

annsrum
Rating
well, except for waiting on them to heal, things like chapstick are pro bably the best you can hope for.

Miss Casey
i use neosporin, u can use the regular ind 4 cuts ive actually never used the one for lips and it works like a miricle!

healthiacynthia
Rating
Here is what has worked for chapped lips in our family:

Before you go to bed at night, cake on Zinc Ointment... try to get the purest brand you can find (without all the additives like petroleum jelly and other petrochemicals). If you have some pure, unadulterated Lavender essential oil, add a drop. Next morning, do the same, and apply throughout the day.

Hemp oil (from the health food store) is very restorative as well, and easy on the lips. Hemp is called "Seed of Life" and has an amazing range of nutrients.

All the best!

krista sunshine
even vaseline??

go see the doctorss

katydint
Go to the health food store (or herbal type store), they've got some lip balm products that are KILLER (so to speak), they moisturize instantly and heal fast.

Daniel R
Rating
Chapstick Medicated is a good choice.

ra63
Rating
Apply Carmax several times a day.

jenomamx1
use lip balsams, don´t lick your lips, drink more water

Truth D
Rating
You lack vitamin E

FaZizzle
Rating
1) Mentholatum--it's a concentrated gel you buy at the store. They come in a small, green jar. Put that on at night.

2) During the day try olive oil. It will give you a nice sheen AND help moiturize.

3) Also during the day apply Blistex.

4) When you go outside for extended periods, put sun screen on your lips. You'll help yourself out a LOT.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy