Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

Toothpaste and acne...does it really work?
I have oily to dry skin;always depends.
But im starting to break out,and i want to get rid of some of the pimples i have.Will toothpaste work?...

I sweat a lot and store brand deodorants aren't helping . any suggestions on a strong deodorant?

Does petroleum jelly work on sunburns?

I have a small problem?
I am 19 years old and i am only 5ft tall. My size is starting to have an effect on my confidence as i am now smaller than all my friends. Is there anything i can do to look taller?...

Small red bumps on one arm?
Hi guys...

Last night I suddenly got a lot of small red bumps on the back of one of my arms. They're not really itchy unless I think about them. I did some research and they look ...

How do you keep your feet smooth?
My feet get dry easily, i have tested almost every lotion product in the market, but to no avail.Any suggestion?...

Acne & food?
its a certainty that when i wake up in the morning i'll have new spots on my face.
Could it be what i'm eating in the evening for dinner before i go bed & my body not being able to ...

My little sister has these bump like dots in the back of her tounge what is it?
im afraid for her
we have made an appointmept but i dont no what they are

there small dot like things on the back of her tounge like a whites yellow

what is it plz help ...

I am black in colour .how can i make my skin fair in colouranjali?

Cosmetic surgery would you?
do you believe in changing the way you look?...

I've got a mole on my face. I want to get surgery but i don't know if it will scar. Should I or not?
It is not a raised mole and it is small and is flat but it is above my lip and looks bad....

How can I get direct heat on a sebaceous cyst inside the ear?
My husband has a sebaceous cyst in his ear canal, and I'd like to try using heat to treat it. How can I get DIRECT heat on the cyst specifically? I can use a heating pad, but I'm thinking &...

Acne help!?!?
how do i get rid of redness caused by pimples

please help
thanks <333...

What is a good cream I can use for dry skin on the face?
My skin on my face is so dried its horrible I guess it's cause I was my face with soap does anyone know a good cream I can use?...

I actually felt like i was going to DIE!_____?
Had self wax kit,, for chest, (not greatly hairy, thought id see what its like) OH God how naive was i!

I actually felt like my stomach was going to fall out, after i ripped the strip off,...

Is eczema a rare condition than you can born with?

I have three verrucas - i've had them for over 2 yrs and tried so many things. how do i get rid of them?
one is on the right foot and two are on the left. i have tried, bazooka and other salyctic acid products, ive tried wartner, and the duck tape thing but nothing seems to work. i feel vry self ...

Acne help, please help!?!?
I started using Spectro AcneCare a month ago on face. Before than my face was really clear it wasn't really pimplely. I just had maybe once in a blue moon a little pimple on my face. So i ...

I have these white spots on my fingernails....?
I have a pretty good diet and exercise a few times a week. I'll admit it could all be better but anyway what are those annoying spots? And how can i make them go away and prevent them from ...

How can i get my mom to take me to a dermetologist?
please help...my mom will NOT take me to see a doctor or professional about my acne...if i DON´T pick it i get these kinda holes in my skino.0she tells me to just leave it and use coverup but i don´...

Becky S
Lyme disease- pulled a tick off now there is a big red circle?
My husband pulles a tick off a few days ago on his back, now he has a redot with yellowish surrounding it then a red ring around the yellowish circle. Lyme disease or not??

murph_ltt
Rating
Not Lyme disease. Just infected. Rubbing alcohol twice a day. If it doesn't look better in two days...then panic.

browneyedgirl3393
not sure. maybe call his doctor.

joschaos
sounds like infection..I'd go to the dr and get antibiotics.

wtptoo
Rating
There's a good chance it is Lyme or one of 30 other infections passed on by ticks. If you get any sort of redness after a tick bite then you need treatment. However only 40% of people with Lyme ever have a rash so you can't go by rash alone. I would suggest going to one of the Lyme websites like Lymenews.com and start reading about the many symptoms. Fatigue, joint or muscle pains especially in the knees are the first symptoms of Lyme in the majority of patients.

I had Lyme 16 yrs before I was ever diagnosed with it and had been misdiagnosed with all sorts of bizarre illnesses. The Western Blot and Elisa tests are somewhere between 30-50% accurate leaving alot of infected people with a negative test result. Those tests rely on detecting antibodies which some people never make especially if you take anti-inflammatory meds such as Ibuprofen.

The Igenex tests and Q-RiBb tests are said to be much more accurate and that is how my dr found out I have Lyme. There is also a new test and very inexpensive compared to the others called the Stricker NK CD-57 panel available through LabCorp. If your results are under 60 you have Lyme; its that simple.

People are mostly ignorant of the devastation this disease can cause. A tick bite is not something to ignore. I learned the hard way and am crippled, hearing impaired and have impairment of the central nervous system at age 37. Don't let your husband end up like this.

gentlemanfarmer
Sounds like Lyme. Most of my kids have had it and it gives different symptoms to each. Weird disease. If if was a deertick, It would be no bigger than the "period" symbol on your keyboard.

Huey from Ohio
Rating
That sounds alot like Lyme disease. See a doctor right away before symptoms get out of control.

Princess A
Rating
i think it is well in order for your husband to really have lyme disease the tick that was carrying it had ot be on his body form 36 to 48 hours

brainlessbandit
Rating
it takes a while for the signs of lyme disease to show. it might be some other infection. go see the doctor.

spot
Rating
The doctor can do a simple blood test. I would definitely go check it out.

keithbigdaddysnell@sbcglobal.net
Rating
make sure you got the head of the tick removed too .the head of the tick is verey small and will remaine embeded in the skin when removed causeing an infection.

wmugurl02
Rating
It's possible as with any tick bite. On yahoo health it says that an early symptom of lyme disease is a circular red rash. I suggest your husband gets to a doctor ASAP to get it checked out. The quicker they diagnose it the easier it is to get rid of. Good luck

WDubsW
Did the tick have a white circle on it's back? If not don't worry.

the redness will go away.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy