Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

Hung over and in work any quick cures?

Why do i get swollen tender white head bumbs on my face when i let my facial hair grow?
Sometimes when i let my facial hair grow out i get a swollen white head and i squeeze it and following the white i get a clear drainige it hurts so much. Also underneath my neck my lyph notes get ...

Help, i have a bad acne does anybody know what else i can try to get rid of it ?
im 14 years old and have had acne for about 2 years, its really bad now its all on my face and back. I have been to the doctor and he gave me some antibiotics but they didn't help, i have tried ...

Cure to acne???
is the sun good for pimples??...

How to Get rid of Acne?
hey everyone im 16 and had acne for a good 2 years now and its recently been getting a lot worse ive tried so much i went to see a dermatologist and tried proactive i'm not to sure what to do ...

How do you get rid of blackheads ?
Me and my friend would really like to know, thanks. ...

Does a good diet really help prevent acne?
I have heard that a healthy helps prevent acne and that it gives you a good complexion i have also heard that plenty of water is good for your skins health is this true?
Additional Details<...

My child had a tick on her head?
I have found a tick on my little girls head a very fat blacky coloured one.. Pulled it off there is no blood or holes on her head but lots of yellow what looks like eggs..? I have cleaned her and ...

How can i get rid of these spots before Saturday?
I am a 37 year old female and i have erupted in spots on my chin which i wouldnt usually mind but i am going to a wedding on saturday. Does anyone know of anything that i can use to get rid of them. T...

What is a good cure for acne that does not need meds?

How can i remove my dandruf?
divyesingh@yahoo....

Can hairspray make your scalp itchy?
my scalp is always itchy n i dnt ave dandruff or head ...

I have problem of acne on my skin,and it is been now 4 years i am suffering this condition, what should i do.?
male,21yrs.
pimples on face, some times boils appear also on shoulder and back too....

Isn't there some kind of liquor that helps with rashes when applied?
Like wiskey or brandy or something?...

What is the best treatment for eczema?

Acne Help!!!?
I have had acne since I was 12-13, now I am almost 20 and it seems to be getting worse, not for sure but it deafinatly hasnt gotten better. I have tried many things and nothing works. Also it takes a ...

Need help with my baby's eczema!?
my son is almost 2 now, and in the past 2 years we have gone back and forth to doctors and nothing is really giving him relief. He scratches til he is pouring blood and his skin is looking more like ...

I have quite a bit of acne, does anybody know what i can do to get rid of it?
I know its normal for me during the teenage stage to have acne, but most of my friends don't but i do. Is there anyway that i can get rid or lessen the acne outbreak? I feel like I don't ...

I removed a small hard painful bump on my index finger with a pin now I have a hole which bleeds constantly?

I really have bad acne if i rate it 8 out of ten may be 9?
8/10 i really like this girl but i embaraesd with my face
i tries proactive it didt work
i tried neutragina wash it didt work
i tried acne free old one (orangeone) it didnt work

ChildofGod
Is there another spot where blood can be drawn effectively besides the crease of the arm?

Mr. Lemur
Rating
No

mstrywmn
Rating
Yes. The veins on the top of your hand.

Roger P
Rating
That is usually the best place depending on the person. If that fails then next is the top of the hand and on kids the foot.

Angela M
The back of the hand, the neck... But both are even more uncomfortable than the inner arm.

Radagast97
The back of the hand is usually the follow up place to try, buy the veins are smaller and more fragile.

If you are going for arterial blood (say for a blood gas measurement), then the draw point in the inside of the wrist.

If there is no way to get a venous stick, occasionally a Dr or intern will do an arterial stick in the femoral artery (I've only seen this twice in 7 years working in a hospital), to get the sample needed.

bethieb163
Rating
They always have trouble drawing blood from me. The other common spots are the top of the hand, and the wrist. Although, the wrist is more painful than the other two places.

theresa d
Rating
any vein, but most common after the arm is the back of the hand

sushi_belushi
Yes, I've seen nurses draw from the top of the forearm (where IV's are usually inserted), the hand and the foot.

bmac
Anywhere they can find a vein.

lanisoderberg69
Blood can also be drawn at the back of your hand at the vein where they insert the butterfly needle for intravenous drops.

Ms. "D"
Rating
You bet! In surgery we see alot of different age people with different health issues...we draw blood/start I.V.'s not only at the antecubital (arm crease) site, but, medial top side of wrist, top of either hand, even the top of either foot. There are also great vessels to access near the collar bone. In babies we even have to start I.V.'s in their head sometimes....so,,,
there ARE alternatives.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy