Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

Heat rash!!!!?
i have a heat rash i have had for a long time on my forhead and cheeks. I also have VERY dry skin. AND my parents wouldnt let me go to any kind of doctor ( that includes a dermotoligst)
how can ...

My son has hives really bad what can i do so he doesnt itch so bad?

How can i "get back" to my natural skin color?

Additional Details
my natural color is ...

Should i get removed?
I was in the library when i met my cousin and his friend. i am older and not bad looking at all. but my cosuin told me when they left, the fat one said the lady had a big mole. are moles thats bad. i ...

How do you treat a sun burn?
It is on my cheeks and nose and shoulders and back. Any tips?...

Is there any sort of cure for hickies?! PLEASE?
need to knooow, ...

I've tried everything... but I still have blackheads! Help?
I have slightly oily skin around my nose (to the left and right of the nostrils) but i have very dry skin everywhere else. I've tried all of the scrubs, masks, and washes to get rid of ...

Help with acne around the lips?
The acne keeps going around my lips and hurts like a..haha. I'm wondering if you have anything that will make it not show up as much, and why it's only going around my lips....

Is it ture that wearing duct tape on a wart will get rid of it?
i've tried the overcounter things and they didn't help. i've had this wart for 2 yrs and want to get rid of it....

Little red dots on my thighs?
I have tons of tiny little red dots on the top half of my thighs. They are not bumps, you can't feel them on the skin, they don't itch. They don't cause me any problems but I just ...

I have dry skin?
I use eucerin, but are there any home remedies that would cure dry skin?...

What is the best treatment for mosquito bites?

Why does it hurt when mosquitos bite you?
It really itches, when they bite me. Sometimes I scratch so hard and I take out blood. But it's funny because I don't feel anything when they bite me. But I'll get over it.
A...

Is it ok to paint your toes even though there isn't a nail on that toe?

I have 2 small very itchy bumps on my anus, what is it?
They mostly itch at night, and I have a history of hemroids if that helps. I also have the HPV virus....

Does any one know what the best thing to do for a dry scalp? please help!!!?

How do I prevent mosquitos from biting me in my apartment?
So, I live in Brooklyn and we have mosquitoes in our apartment. I've lived here since November and they have been here the whole time. I've killed a number of them, but there are always ...

What treatment recommendation would you give for sunburn?

Acne Problems. plz help?
my acne isn't the worst, but it's bad.
i have white heads, blaskheads....and the cyst acne...and it hurts really bad. it makes me want to cry. and it's embarasing. Does anyone ...

Do u know which part of my body itching?

RaspberryHeaven
Is it true that toothpaste can reduce acne?
if yes how was it?.. and do know any of homemade pimple remedies?

♥Girl
Rating
Depending on your skin type the toothpaste could possibly burn you, and it usually will dry out your skin and irritate it anyway.

You could try any of these instead:
Cleanser: baking soda or sea salt.

Toner: Organic green tea or aloe vera gel.

Moisturizer: 1/2 cup water 3 tsp. vegetable glycerin and 5 drops lemon essential oil or oil free moisturizer.

Mask: (use 2 or 3x a week unless you have dry skin.) French "green" clay removes impurities tightens and tones skin. (You can use overnight as a spot treatment also.) Leave on for 10-20 min or until dry then rinse and moisturize.

Exfoliant: (use 2 or 3x a week unless you have dry skin.) Warm oatmeal mixed with a little honey. and left on for 5 minutes then rinse and moisturize.

Blackheads: Baking soda mixed with water into a paste and then add tea tree essential oil if you'd like then scrub the affected are 2-3 min. Or apply elmers glue to affected are let dry and peel off like you would pore strips. Works really well!

Daily as a morning toner/moisturizer you can use 1/4 tsp. aloe vera gel mixed with 2 or 3 drops of tea tree essential oil. Works really well.

Also take vitamins A, E, D, C, B5 vitamin & Zinc. Also eat healthy lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables. Boxed foods and fast food will make it so much worse!

or. . .

take about four aspirin and dissolve them in a few drops of water.. add in a squirt of honey and make it into a paste.. you can also add in a few vitamin e capsules if ya like.. this can be used as a scrub, mask if left on for ten minutes, and a spot treatment left on over night.. it works like pro active.. i've used both and got the same result with each which is clear skin.. pro active dried my skin out, but aspirin didn't.. it's a lot cheaper also.. and crushing an aspirin and mixing it with lemon juice works too

oh.. and pro active contains benzoil peroxide.. whereas aspirin contains salicylic acid ..

honey alone as a mask works very well also.. leave it on for twenty minutes..

only wash your face when you wake up in the morning, before you go to bed, and after exercise.. excess washing makes your face produce extra oil..

warm water opens pores and cold closes them.. so wash with warm and rinse with cold..

and watch the make up you use.. a mineral make up is much better for your skin.. it doesn't clog your pores or cause break outs.. i recommend bare minerals..

and lemon juice is a good toner..

drink lots of water.. eat healthy.. and take vitamin e, vitamin c, zinc and b vitamins..

hope this helps..

hsmommy06
Rating
Yes it will dry out the pimple and works well if it has already come to a head. Just use plain white paste toothpaste with no whitening ingredients in it.

angel K
Rating
It can dry out the pimple, I have used it before and sometimes it works.

Alexander Lebar
Rating
before you go to sleep put some on the pimple and it usually will go almost or all to way away

duduismygal=-)
Rating
don't do it
it burns and dries out your face
i make a homemade mask.
its really simple: honey & oatmeal
make sure to grind the oatmeal, it sticks on your face better
hope this helps

muahhhh
NO, definately not i am a skin junkie , and i know for sure that itll just make it worst it will irritate it and it will end up being a big mess. instead take an tylenol and mix it withsome water to form a past and apply to where evr you have an acne, by morning it will reduce significantly. tylenol contains the same ingredient that is in face wash that reduces acne, just in its natural form.

Akane_18
Rating
No, it burns

Pauline P
Rating
If you are looking for a natural acne cure, try the source below. Many have said that this cure is effective. Worth a try if you are having trouble controlling your acne.

Katie B
Rating
yeah, um. not so sure. i have tried it dozens of times and each time i just wake up and get sad w/ dried flakey toothpaste on my face. but other friends on mine say that they put in on and it the morning all the redness is gone and it dried out so much that its barely a pimple anymore. hmm

Mr. Un-couth
If you have acne on your teeth toothpaste will reduce it , any where else no.

psychobabi
Rating
sometimes using table salt mixed with warm water and use a q-tip to dab the mixture on the zit. let it dry for about a few minutes for minor ones and 5-10 on the severe ones, then rinsing it off with warm water then a splash of cold water (closes pores) helps.

atttomsfamily
Rating
I used it while I was in jail.. But if you use it for more than a couple days straight it might dry your face out badly.

AHHHHhhhhh
IDK but hemroid cream can dry out the pimple and make them go away..lol funny, gross, but true. thumbs down me all you want. My niece use's it, she used to have pimples bad, but not anymore. And if she gets one it is gone in day or two. Now I can't seem to let my daughter use this, it just sounds gross. But she swears by it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy