Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

4 year old with 3 verrucas on foot whats the best way to get rid of them?

My face is a mess of acne?
I have oily skin in some places and dry spots in others. I have black heads on my cheeks and nose. My face is red and sometimes itchy. I have tried many products including acnefree, head and ...

What are some treatments for oily skin???
i have oily skin, mostly around nose and under eyes
helpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!...

I have a small burn mark on my arm any ideas of products or herbal remedies to help it heal without a scar?

What should i do about my 2nd degree burn on my hand?
About 7 hours ago, i burnt my hand badly and the blister is just under 2" but not by allot. I'm still suffering bad amounts of pain. The only time the pain dies down abit is when i have a ...

How to make my brown skin to be white?? give me a tip, i am living in Philippines and its pretty hot out here.
give me some suggestions so i can apply it right away, i am confused with my brown skin. please help me....

Dry winter skin, please help me?
My skin is dry and feels tight from my head to my toes how do I fix this?...

How can I get rid of eczema?
what lotions or creams should i use to get rid of eczema on my arms and back?.....p.s. please help i've been struggling with eczema for a while now....

How do I keep head-lice at bay?
My son's teacher has mentioned that 'nits' have been found in class. My son is 4 years old (next week) and has very sensitive skin. What would be the best way to prevent these nasties....

Acne!!!!!!?
Ok so just about everyone is asking quetions about acne on this site but i want to know if it is normal to be a teen and have acne, if there are better ways to treat acne than others, and why evenn ...

Severly chapped lips?
im 11, and my lips which WERE severly chapped, are now making my whole face feel that it's on fire. HELP!!!! Very soon.
I dont know whT TO DO I got stuff from a dermetoligist, and it isnt ...

Which heals quicker.. an unpoped spot or a poped spot?
because ive got one huge yellow spot im havin to use all my will power to fight the temptation to pop it.....

I have this rash near my but hole that siimmply will not go away!?
I have tried gold bond cream and powder, neosporin, desitin, showers before bed and in the morning. what else can i do?...

I have a small hard lump in my neck any ideas what it could be?

Best acne treatment in local stores?

I look like I'm on drugs, how do I change that?
I don't do drugs, people say I look like a druggy. Its because my eyes are squinty and dark skin around my eyes. how do I change that?...

Athletes foot?
How do I get rid of athletes foot?
THANKS!...

What can I do to keep from turning red when I get nervous?

What are these dry patches near my crotch ?
i have these dry patches near my crotch and i dont know what they are they itch a lot and sometimes the edges peel,i think its getting bigger any help?...

I am a dark skin African American and i want to bleach my skin,should i?
all my life my own race as treated me differently. Well in 4 days im going to change all that. The way i see it ,if a fat person can loose wieght then a dark skin person should be able to become ...

Dave C
I have poison ivy. Please Help. Itching like crazy?
I have poison ivy on the back of my leg, under my chin, around my mouth and in a place im not going to say. Any suggestions on how to treat it. Im currently using hydrocorisone cream.

Teagan
I would recommend oatmeal bathes, then putting calamine on the rash. And taking some benadryl probably wouldn't hurt!

P.S. Stay out of poison ivy!

daniellehandmade
Rating
oh no! poision ivy is not fun...i've also used Calamine Lotion or Aloe Vera, and cool oatmeal baths...i came across this site that may also help you out: http://pediatrics.about.com/od/weeklyquestion/a/0408_poison_ivy.htm

paullucky
Rating
use technu

Underdog
You need to get in the shower. Turn on the water as hot as your body can stand, but not too hot so as to burn you. Use a shower sprayer to get to more private areas. Stand in the direct water for a minute or two. Do this to open up the pores and draw out the histamine. Then get out, dry off, and take a Benadryl. This should help for a few hours. You will have to repeat until this clears up.

eyJude
Rating
Haa haa ha.. (sorry) a friend of mine had it where the sun don't shine!
Calamine lotion is the only thing that calms it.

Hydrocortisone cream sounds good ... can you get a prescription for a stronger dose?

You can also take Benidril (anti histamine)

I am a red head and got it one time from a BUCKET that had a plant in it! so i have a great deal of sympathy!

anxious
Burts Bees makes apoison ivy soap 100% natural!

Sarah
Rating
i just got over poison sumac and oh god it was terrible. you need to get the aveeno oatmeal stuff. It really really helps the itching. Also, don't use hot water on yourself AT ALL!!!! it will just make it worse, really. You can get Aloe also, the gel kind. You can not itch, it will take even longer to get rid of. Just be good, use different towel everytime you shower (cold water helps too), change your sheets every night...do all this and its dried out in maybe a week.

Elle
I would sugguest a steriod cream from you doctor or if you dont want to pay a doctor bill get some calamine

Mad Season
Best thing to do is to go to a Dr and get the shot for it. It will start clearing up the next day. If you have the money it's totally worth it and it's not that expensive. Nothing over the counter really works that well sorry. My brother gets it once a month and uses calamine lotion (the pink lotion) but he just usually gets a little patch poision ivy on his leg or something. BUT since it is already all over your body you really need to go and get the shot. I have had it once and they use a tiny needle you can barely feel it and I HATE shots.

Pru loves Emo <3
anti itch cream..
swabbing it will alcohol..

Angel
put on some cream or you can put ice to sooth it

Poke master
Rating
scratch your palm on your hand, trust me

I-am-bored.com
Rating
well all you can do is continue using it and see your doctor. how did this happen

Memo W
Dont jump in poison ivy!!

sunflowers
Get some Benadryl (diphenhydramine) pills from the drugstore, but they might make you sleepy, so keep that in mind if driving, etc.

P.S. Don't strip in the poison ivy ever again.

imyomommafool
Go get some Lanacane. Its in a yellow and blue tube. I am highly allergic to poison ivy and Lanacane works wonders with the itching.

The Phantom Lord
Zanfel works wonders. It is $40 a tube, though.

golden_girl_72
YES!! Go to the pharmacy and get a product called Zanfel. It is expensive but so worth it. I had a terrible case of poison ivy and it was spreading like mad. I found out about this product and used it thinking it wouldn't work but it was awesome. Please just do it, the relief is amazing.

Best of luck!

TakeaWalk
You can take Benadryl, but be careful if you need to drive as it might make you sleepy. If Benadryl and your cream don't do the job you could go to the doctor for a shot of steroid...that WILL knock it out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy