Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best cure for psoriasis of scalp?
i am suffering with dandruff for the last 3-4 years. Earlier for four years i have worked in a night call centre....

Ive got a cyst, that is an infection under the skin, i need to know how to make it go away, be uninfected?
im on 2 topical medicines already, but I NEED IT GONE!...

Please someone help me with this skin condition thats ruining my life?
Its been going on for about 2 and 1/2 years now.At first i woke up one morning to get ready for school and i noticed a little red spot in my arm pit.I told my mom about it and she did not think much ...

Do you think i should see a dermatologist?
i am 15 and i have about 8 pimples on my chin (2 of them big lumps! gross) and i also have a oily nose and blackheads on the side of my nose also the skin around my nose is always red!! on the sides ...

Whats a way to get rid of blackheads and zits?
I don't want to here wash your face everyday and it will go away becasue I do and it doesn't work. I would like to here an answer from a dermatoligist or someone who knows what they are ...

My son is mixed, black/white, and the skin of his lips is constantly peeling off?
not only when its cold outside, he rips it off and then its bleeding. He also has really dry skin. Does any african/american know what to do? One woman told me once he should take some kind of ...

Why is washing your skin every day is important?

How can you get rid of a hickey in 4-8 hours without using cover-up?
like quick. my friend's bf is stupid and won't not leave them. help!...

What's the best way to get rid of warts on your hand?

I can't stop itching all over after I have a shower, is my skin to dry ? started when I came back from holiday

Back acne and a dance?
It's not a serious case, but I have a dance coming up and I'm wearing a halter dress. So are there any cures for the pimples on my back that can take an effect in the next two weeks?...

Why does my acne is still forming?
i drink enough water, i dont touch em, i dont realle eat oily foods, i am clean wit my body, but i still keep gettin UGLY acne!...

What causes black circles under our eyes? What can we do to prevent them?

Three Year old Boy has Acne?
My little boy's face appears to have an acne like rash that comes and goes. Mostly around the mouth and nose. Tiny little red bumps. I know that infants can get it, but at his age shouldn't ...

How do i know if my earring holes are infected?
Recently my piercing on my right ear has been blackish around the hole, very very sore to the point where i cant wear earrings. and my earrings have a strange blackish residue on them. What could ...

Back acne: How many times a day should I shower?
I never get any body acne really, just a real biggy once in a while. It's pretty damn annoying since the mark stays a while due to my skin being so fair. Right now I'm using 10% PanOxyl (B...

What happens to you if you have Melanoma and you don't do anything about it?

I really want to know why micheal jackson's skin turned white.?

What is the best treatment for acne?
Please help? ...

How do i get rid of my beard dander?
its like dandruff and seems to be never ending ....

John D
I have lice, but I'm alone and have no one I can ask for help in removal, what can I do?

Additional Details
I have long thick hair, I don't mind having it cut, but none of the barber shops will take me, also I want to keep as much length as possible.

Smartie_pants
Rating
Call your local home health care and see if a nurse can help you, it might cost a little but it would be worth it to get rid of the lice.

frankenstein
Rating
do you have close friends.. or know any one that has medical expirence? you could go to a doctor...

SusieQ
Rating
John,

You are correct in asking about help. You can NOT remove all of the lice and nits on your own (unless you are double-jointed).

You will have to do lots of laundry on your own at high temperature for both the washer and the dryer.

You will need a good shampoo and a great nit comb since you have lots of long hair. The ones that come with the shampoos will be useless to you and frankly the chemical shampoos are generally just creating superbugs as they gain resistence to the chemcials in them.

You may want to consider getting a shampoo like NitFree or others that are designed to loosen the glue that holds the nit to the hair shaft.

You will also want either the NitFree Terminator comb which is long enough and tough enough to go through your hair or another of the premium combs that you need to buy online.

And finally you need someone to help. You can not comb all of yoru own hair with thsi type of a comb. You will miss a spot or two. As sommeone said, are there private nurses who could do this or someone else that could help.

Good luck.

fones
Lice (crabs) has been around since the start of time.

Don't fret.

Any pharmacy has appropriate shampoo whose application will quickly arrest the problem.

(They are crustaceons and cannot be done in by water).

Do not make your small problelm bigger by taking no action or becoming frenzied.

Get to it.

starronda
There's numerous lice removal products in your pharmacy (usually where they sell the bandaids, alcohol etc)

Pierce
Rating
Go to the drugstore and ask for something for lice. There are many shampoos that you can use to eradicate the lice. Also use a lice comb to dispose of them after they have been killed by the shampoo.

BL
There is no need to cut your hair. Just go to you local drugstore, (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) and buy RID which will kill the lice and their eggs. You use it to shampoo your hair and also as a body wash.

Be sure to wash your clothes, bedding and towels in very hot water to ensure that all the lice are gone.

cora m
Rating
Depending on your budget, you can buy nix lice removal or something to remove them, they come with a tiny tooth spaced comb that you have to comb through your hair piece by piece. YOU DON"T have to cut your hair. The lice don't care how short or long your hair is. Lice isn't a sin to get evrybody has gotten them at one point or another. They're a sin to keep. When I was younger my mother bought Kerosene and dowsed my hair with it. Left it on like 2 minutes and washed it out. Now days I don't advise it. Kerosene BURNS your head and kills your hair. Plus you smell BAD for days, no matter how many times you wash your hair. NIX is definately the way to go. You also have to treat your whole house with a spray that kills them. You have to change all sheets and wash in HOT water. Treat all the places you sit. Wash and disenfect everything

jazzypiano
Go to your doctor or pharmacy and see if they have anything you can kill them with before going to the barber shop.

Change the sheets and pillow cases, get rid of your brushes, etc.

Danielle
Rating
go to a drug store and get a bottle of nix. it's like shampoo, but it kills the lice, and their eggs. also comes with a comb to remove them.

chasing_red_87
ok this is a really easy problem to fix :)

go to your pharmacy and ask for a shampoo or treatment for head lice. there are loads of good products which will kill lice. you dont need to cut your hair at all!

Good Luck x

chelle
my cousin had it a while back and they couldn't get it out of her long hair so they used mayo and put her hair in a hair cap and that was the only thing that worked oh and also a blow dryer might help cause heat is suppose to kill them hope that helped

cyprus_gal
Rating
1).viniger does the job. also buy a thin comb to brush as u poor the viniger and keep on for half an hour.or 2)u can also die ur hair, that definetly gets rid of them.

anna
This sounds weird but it works, I guarantee. Get a large bottle of mayonnaise, and rub it into your hair and scalp. Then wrap your hair in Saran Wrap (plastic wrap) and wrap it around your head like a cap. Make sure it's wrapped tight. Leave it on for about an hour and then wash your hair as normal. The mayo plus plastic suffocates the critters!

This really works and besides the mayo conditions your hair.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy