Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

I have excema its ruining my life what can I do if u c some1 with it r u disgusted?

Additional Details
i have seen a dermo man and all that nothing really helps and its on ym face a bit and my ears wich is the worse and my hands wich really ...

Can a girl with some acne still be pretty?

I have a bump on my back that has been there for 2 years now?
I have had a raised bump the size of a dime on my back for about 2 1/2 years right next to my spine in between my shoulder blades. Well in the last 3 weeks it has grown to the size of a half dollar ...

How do I get rid of ingrown toe nail when you can't get to the part that is ingrown?
Both my big toes have ingrown nails and the nail already goes pretty far into my toe even when it's not ingrown so I can't even get close to the ingrown part. Hydrogen proxcyde dosen't ...

My nuts gets itchy at night?
I know its not crabs and I'm too embarresed to go to the ...

I need help curing sunburns fast?
i'm just 13 and i don't really know how to cure it..my parents won't help me..please help me thank you
Additional Details
by cured i mean to treat it..=)...

My underarms and knees are darker than the rest of my body? What can I use to lighten them?

Additional Details
or how can I bleach them?...

What are these white rice things around my butt?
My butt itch's bad! When I wipe I see what looks like rice. What could this be and is it bad that I kinda like the tickling sensation? Or should I go to the dr?...

Why are my upper arms covered in red dots/spot like things. I shower 3 times a day so i don't think its that.
It may of came when i got really really badly sunburnt when i was 14. Had deep cracks and really large fluid filled blisters on my arms. If anyone knows what it is, any treatments for this?...

Sunburn? Please answer, 10pts.!?
OK so I got sunburned last saturday.............I've been applying aloe morning, night, and inbetween since then. Most of the redness is gone except for my nose. But its almost through the ...

I have bad acne and it wont go away, ive tried about everything. what shud i do?

How do you stop your skin from itching when you have dry skin?
I do shower and bathe, and use the afterbath/shower lotions and creams, which helps the itch for at least twenty-four hours. But is there anything to help my dry skin from itching more than 24 hours, ...

Does splashing hot bacon grease on your face help with acne ?
My friend told me if I throw hot bacon grease on my face it will cure acne..any thoughts ?...

Have you found an effective treatment for acne please?

Could I have scabies?
I started off having an itch around my groin/scrotum area which being slightly embarassing I decided not to go to the doctor with and assumed it was jock itch. I was treating it with anti-fungals ...

My face looks disguisting?
i have a pet cat who has fleas.
so i imagined that my WHOLE face is covered with flea bites!!
can you help me with it?
and how long do you think it will go away?
what products ...

Omg please please PLEASE HELP?
I am going on holiday tomorrow and i have 4 red blotches on my nose, they look disgusting

I need advice on how to get rid of them overnight? any home remidys that work? I cant go out now ...

Should I throw away my mascara if I have had a staff infection on my eyelid?
I have a healing staff infection sore below my eyebrow, on the eyelid. Should I throw away the mascara I have been using while I've had the infection? Could this cause a recurrent infection if ...

What is this pink dot on my face? (PIC)?
its been there for a couple of years..i dont know what it is but i want to know how to make it disappear..ive bee using conceler but its hard to cover it.

http://i227.photobucket....

Who do you go to to get a mole removed off your face?

Conky
I have a hard bump on my eyelid a little smaller then the size of a pea. anyone know what it is?

( Naruto™)
dsafdamgfajgwafemgjsagdsjafunny.

shivakumar
Rating
Alternative names
Bump on the eyelid; Stye
Definition
Most bumps on the eyelid are styes. A stye is an inflamed oil gland on the edge of your eyelid, where the lash meets the lid. It appears as a red, swollen bump that looks like a pimple. It is tender, especially to touch.
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
A stye is caused by bacteria from the skin that gets into the hair follicle of the eyelash. Hair follicles contain oil glands that become inflamed from the bacteria. Styes are similar to common acne pimples that occur elsewhere on the skin. You may have more than one stye at the same time.
Styes usually develop over a few days and may drain and heal on their own. A stye can become a chalazion -- this is when an inflamed oil gland becomes fully blocked. If a chalazion gets large enough, it can cause trouble with your vision.
If you have blepharitis (see eye redness), you are more likely to get styes.
Other possible eyelid bumps include:
• Xanthelasma -- raised yellow patches on your eyelids that can happen with age. These are harmless, although they are occasionally a sign of high cholesterol.
• Papillomas -- pink or skin colored bumps. They are harmless, but can slowly grow, affect your vision, or bother you for cosmetic reasons. If so, they can be surgically removed.
• Cysts -- small fluid-filled sacs that can affect your vision.
Symptoms
In addition to the red, swollen bump, other possible symptoms include:
• Tearing of your eye
• A gritty, scratchy sensation as if there is a foreign body
• Sensitivity to light
Signs and tests
A doctor can diagnose a stye just by looking at it. Special tests are usually not necessary.
Treatment
• Styes and chalazions can be treated by applying warm compresses. Apply for 10 minutes. Do this 4 times a day.
• DO NOT attempt to squeeze a stye or any other type of eyelid bump. Let it drain on its own.
• Antibiotic creams may help recurrent or persistent styes. Some large styes need to be lanced to drain the infection.
Expectations (prognosis)
Styes often resolve on their own. However, they may recur. The outcome is generally excellent with simple treatment.
Complications
• Recurrence of a stye
• Spread of infection to other eyelash follicles
• Spread of infection to the tissue of the eyelid (eyelid cellulitis)
Calling your health care provider
Call your doctor if:
• Your have problems with your vision.
• The eyelid bump worsens or does not improve within a week or two of self-care.
• The eyelid bump or bumps become very large or painful.
• You have a blister on your eyelid.
• You have crusting or scaling of your eyelids.
• Your whole eyelid is red, or the eye itself is red.
• You are very sensitive to light or have excessive tears.
• A stye comes back soon after successful treatment of another one.
• Your eyelid bump bleeds.
Prevention
Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching the skin around your eye. If you are susceptible to styes, it may help to carefully clean off excess oils from the edges of your lids.

jpgrl91
Could be a Chalazion. You probably need to see an Ophthalmologist to make sure. There is simple treatment for it if that's what it is.
Hope this helps!

SoSurreal♥
Rating
my sister had one on her eye the doctors said it was a stye ... she had to get it removed .... he said its caused by a closed tear duck ? whatever that means?

go get it checked for sure.... its no big deal but just to make sure.

sometimes it's caused by dirt from your eyelashes ... watch them really good with like Johnson baby shampoo .. then put a warm cloth over it for a couple hours. i bet it will feel better ...and may even go away after a couple days.

cantmissamy
Rating
It could be a sty, there are over the counter remedies, but my best advice is to see your doctor to get the proper diagnosis.

magnus_ver_maximus
Rating
Most bumps on the eyelid are styes. A stye is an inflamed oil gland on the edge of your eyelid, where the lash meets the lid. It appears as a red, swollen bump that looks like a pimple. It is tender, especially to touch.

fantasy686
You have a Sty

cldb730
Does it hurt? If so, it could be a stye, which is an infection on your eyelid. It's kind of like a pimple. Warm compresses really help for the pain if it is a stye.

djzlyric
Rating
sounds like a stye. Those are painful. But you should put a warm washcloth over it and don't use any makeup until is goes away.

thornrez1
Sounds like a Sty

deano
Rating
My bro had one under each eyelid...well, sort of inside the skin. He went to the Doc who said they were a blockage of some gland. They irritated him but they did not hurt too much.

He was prescribed a course of Anitbioitics (i forget which ones) but they made little difference. So, he has recently had to have them cut out - sounds harsh but it was really nothing; a local anesthetic injection in the side of the ocular region, the eyelid was inverted and a tiny incision was maye to get the thing out.

He had a purple eyelid for a few days from the injection but there was absoultely no scaring. He had to wear a patch over the eye for a day so he had both eyes done on seperate days.
Dont worry about it but, with everything, it is best to see a Doc A.S.A.P

Easy, girl!

Rachel
A sty probably.

Michael M
Rating
Could be a stye.

Keetta
It could be a pimple.

Okay....okay....I'm going to go with stye as well.....

Peanut Butter
Could be a stye.

fdm215
It's probably a sty. Here's a definition from the Mayo Clinic:

"A sty (hordeolum) is a red, painful lump on the edge or inside of your eyelid that may look like a boil or a pimple. Usually a sty is filled with pus. As it swells in size, the sty may make it difficult for you to see clearly because you can't fully open your eye.

More than one sty can occur at a time, leading to a generalized inflammation of your eyelid — a condition known as blepharitis. Fortunately, most sties disappear in just a few days. In the meantime, you can sometimes relieve the pain or discomfort of a sty with simple self-care treatments."

xoxo_sexy_******_xoxo
Rating
Is it on the inside or the outside? The outside might just be a pimple...the inside however, like everyone is saying..is probably a stye or chalizion. Its pretty much a pimple just inside your eyeld and it tends to be very uncomfortable. Some people get these regularly (me, for one)...there is no medication that will make it go away any faster, trust me, i've tried. To help it feel better, take my advice. Take a hot wash cloth, and put it over the eye, specificly putting pressure over the stye. leave it there for about 15 minutes, 3-5 times a day. this will help it eventually pop and then its gone! Also, try gently massaging it just with your index and middle finger twice a day...dont put too much pressure though! I hope this helps. good luck!
edit***
Also, just be aware that you may wake up in the morning, and that eye with the bump on it willl be stuck shut..if this happens dont be alarmed! its because the stye has popped..just clean off the crusty grossness and be on your way :)

Ray2play
Rating
Yes, it is a hard bump a little smaller than the size of a pea. Now, go see a physician.

Gatekeeper
Sounds like a chalazia.

A chalazion grows more slowly, deeper inside the eyelid than a stye. Though it usually does not cause pain, a chalazion may last for several months. It may form a firm lump under the skin of the eyelid, and the inflammation and swelling may spread to the area surrounding the eye.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy