Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

Why do I get dandruff?

Stinky Feet?!?
ok ,i cant wear my boots because me feet stink enough to kill somebody when I take them off. I think it is because of the material because it always happens with me with winter boots. Anyway, any ...

Help with acne.....?
does anybody know if that book, "acne free in 3 days" by Chris Gibson is good or actually works? thanks
heres a link of the book
http://www.acnefreein3da...

I have a sty and my eye is red and swollen, should I go to work (minus 28 condition) or see a doctor.?
Its on the bottom right of my eye just over my nose, everytime I blink its really sore abd when I close my eye it burns and stings. Tried tea bag and warm flannel but dosent seem to be clearing. Any ...

Is eczema contagious?
ok, ive never had eczema in my life.but, i just recently moved in with my friend and she has eczema. today i noticed a rash on my arm that looked exactly like what she has.hers is eczema though.ive ...

What is the best way to heal dry skin?

How to soften hands?
i get bored everyday so i do worked at home.i started realizing that my hands are being affected....

Zit issues help!!!!!!!!!!?
well i have this zit but ive been picking at it for a few days and now its just red how do i get rid of the redness? i no next time im not going to pick it! thanks <3 =)...

What helps a sunburn?
i was outside all day yesterday and wore sunscreen, and aparently when the bottle says "very much waterproof" it isnt the same AS being "ACTUALLY waterproof" so now i am fried ...

Do you know of any really good remedies for stinky feet?
my friend wants to know
Additional Details
thank you for your answers, btw, it really is my friend, her boyfriends feet, mine hardly ever smell!!!...

How do i get a nice tan without burning too bad?
I want to get a nice tan when i go to florida with my family instead of keeping my skin covered up and staying indoors. however, i have very pale skin and i am allergic to sunscreen. is this possible?...

How do you get scars on your legs to disappear?
i have scars on my legs from brusies that arent going away any advice?...

Wat is psoriasis?

I feel so bad for my friend?
MAN... i feel so bad for my friend, we use to hang out every day, for 5 years, BUT.. since i started getting some zits, and some pimples (nothing bad ) i just stayed home for like 2 months and never ...

Could my husband have given me his athletes foot by rubbing his feet on me during the night in bed?
Not on purpose of course....

Do girls like rough treatment?

I was wondering today in school why do we have blue veins. if our blood is red?

I have blackheads on my forehead that won't go away. Please Help. ?

My 6yr old has a bright red rash on both his cheeks, what could it be?
My 6yr old son came back from spending the weekend with his dad with a slightly red face, over the next hour it has become redder and blotchier and is now definately a rash which covers both cheeks. A...

How do i get rid of acne scars?
I have a lot of pimples and I try not to pop them, but then a few days later, I have acne scars. I don't want to buy any products though. I just want to get rid of them. Do you have any ways to ...

christian c
I am itching like crazy, what are some good ointments?
I am itching all over my body, my gramma tells me its just from nerves, because when i itch I dont see anything, no bumps. Im kinda premiscous, well not anymore, but i think i may have herpes or a skin disease. what type of soap or ointment can I use? (btw, i dont have health insurance so i have not seen a dermatologist)

Gezzer
Rating
i have used a hair dryer for 30 years to stop itch. for itching toes, in the shower run warm water over them and gradually increase hot water until the chills go up your spine. doesn't work if you itch it first.

Tracy
Hydrocortisone (itching cream)....

gapsusie
Rating
cortizone cream

perjangol
herpes doesn't itch. Infact, it hurts so much you won't wanna touch it (if you're a girl). If you're a guy, they are just scabs. Still, who wants to itch scabs? Nobody, that's who.

Do you have flaky skin? If you see redness, or white dead skin, you need to go to the dermatologist to see if you have xma or dermatitis, psoriasis, etc.

If not, try some oisturizer as your skin just might be dry. If that doesn't work, you might have some fungus living on your skin (don't worry, it sounds a lot grosser than it is). Just rub cortizon cream on it twice a day, that will kill it eventually.

Bambi
Take Benedryl pills...but they do make you sleepy. It is either allergies or nerves. You can also apply cortizone cream.

fast steve
cortaid

Lyreceus
I'm not much into ointments, but I swear by this stuff - it's that oatmeal extract in brand name Aveeno. It's best in the packets that have a meal type substance that you pour into the bathtub.

Other versions of it come in lotions or creams. I expect they are not as potent as the meal packets.

Otherwise, hydrocortisone creams work well against itching.

If you think you might have herpes, you need to see a doctor. There are lots of good drugs to ease that these days.

linda w
Rating
Go to the pharmacy & ask the pharmacist what he or she would recommend for the itch. Myself, I use Gold bond itch cream. It works really good. You may want to think about another reason you may be itching; if your sugar is high or if you are diabetic it will make you itch a lot. Also, if you were promiscuous in the past; maybe you have scabies.You should go to a free clinic if there is one in your area seeing as you have no insurance.

Ann S
Rating
Take a benadryl tablet(it is over the counter) it will get rid of the itching.

Dan
My grandma used to give me this stuff called NoItch. It worked pretty nicely. Ask the pharmasist at your local Wal-mart or Target for Non-Itch Ointments or Creams.

candy
hydrocortizone cream

vampireclanddt
Rating
lavender with beeswax. it works wonders!

Lassie D
Try using a good, deep moisturizing lotion (even Suave makes great lotions at less than $5). If that doesn't work, in order to avoid embarrassment, make sure you don't actually have lice, (look it up, you've got internet) then see a dermatologist.

Kat
Use something with oatmeal, like Aveeno. You can get body wash, bubble bath and lotion and the oatmeal will help the itching.

Gerald
Your soap is far too harsh and you bath too ofter... Trying using some mild shampoo like Suave to wash with. I don't know what I am doin --- right. I don't itch --ok...

masseur_at_play
Rating
it is quite possible that you are allergic to the laundry detergent being used, so you might want to ask if your grandma can try something else for your clothes and bedding

could also be dry skin, shampoos and soaps that moisturize should be used, also you might want to take vitamin E tablets or other suppliments that add moisture to your skin, green tea tablets might be good to flush out toxins

Jess
Rating
Hydrocorterzone...took a wing on how to spell it.

The Godless Heathen
Try Benadryl lotion or ointment, if that doesn't work, try hydrocortisone cream, if that doesn't work I'd go to the emergency room, if you can't afford a doc right now, they have to treat you. Oh yeah, and try Aveeno oatmeal bath it's at WalGreen's.

Pud'N
cocoa nut butter works

crjesq
Rating
Herpes would be sores. More like scabies, which is a kind of lice that lives on your skin, instead of your hair. You should probably go to a free clinic to have it checked out. If so, you need prescription medicine and to treat the furniture and your clothing/bedding, and put sheets on your sofa so you can change it every day and wash it.

However, over-the-counter cortisone cream will help if it's just regular itching.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy