Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best treatment for acne?
Please help? ...

How do i get rid of my beard dander?
its like dandruff and seems to be never ending ....

How do u get rid of a blister on ur lip realllly really fast?

My ears will not heal?
I got my ears pierced a year ago, and they're still not healing. I've tried surgical steel, gold, white gold, and silver. This is my second hole. I never had problems with the first ones. T...

What are some good face washes and remdeies for acne?
i have acne.. sometimes really bad cases of acne and i want to Know some stuff that helps... home remedies ...

Is there any way to remove a mole?

Is it possible to have psoriasis appear under your arm,in the armpit area?
I have had it for years on my knees and elbows,and have just noticed something very similar under one of my arms
Has anyone else suffered with it in this area?
T...

Any way to get rid of stretch marks?
Hi I had a child 3 years ago and got a bunch of stretch marks is there anything i could do now to make them fade or take them away? What about different kinds of food, laser surgery...??
A...

If you unscrew your belly button, does your bum fall off?

Sweat under armpits?
What stops it? i've tried EVERY SINGLE anti-perspirant. even the new clinical strength ones. HELP!? please!...

Please help me!?
Prom is coming up and I have been tanning for it. There are white spots on my arms that do not tan. 2 moles are also a little redish around the brown. what is it?...

Eczema Help Folks ?
Just back from the doctor's as my eczema has really flared up badly this week.
I asked the doc if he could send me for some allergy testing ot food intolerence testing and he told me NO.

Whats the best acne treatment?

Additional Details
ive tried proactiv and it didnt work......

My son has a patch of dry skin on his scalp and is loosing hair around it ,does anyone know what it is,he is 5

Does lemon juice work on acne? If not, are they're any other good home remedies for acne?

What is a fast healing method for sunburns it is on my shoulders and back.with little blisters on my shoulders

I shaved...down there?
a day ago and i knew it would it, but how long does it usualy last and i have like a little rash, will that disapear?
Additional Details
IM A DUDE!!!...

Tick bite!!!?
About two weeks ago a tick bit me in between my fingers. I immediately squished it and pulled it off. Now here I am, its itching like crazy and a few small bumps have formed. Im out of state for the ...

How can i get rid of my acne?
I have had acne for about 4 years now, since late 7thgrade (i'm entering 11th) i wash my face with a scrub everyday when i wake up and when i take a shower at night. I don't eat food like ...

I have a white bump on the corner of my eyelid what 2 do!?!?
Okay I have this white bump on the corner of my eyelid...I don't know what it is but I busted it a few times and now it is no more puss in there...well it still won't go away...I am sure it ...

Tristian
How can you get rid of a hickey in 4-8 hours without using cover-up?
like quick. my friend's bf is stupid and won't not leave them. help!

Holliiii
Rating
they should just disapear in a day or two and not to lecture but if a hickey is what i think it is (a love bite) then they r really dangerous because they are blod clots and they can travel causing heart attacts etc

Einstein was a LIBERAL.
Don't make them next time.

Gabby
put toothpaste on it and let it dry. it takes the redness away. if it itches put nail polish on it and let it dry. you will still be left with a mark but it will probably only look like a bruise or birth mark.

LilLaTLuv
Hey!

Here's some steps I found at a website for you!

1. ) Apply an icepack to the hickey as soon as possible after receiving it. You can wrap some ice in a towel, use pre-frozen ice packs or put a spoon in the freezer for a few minutes. Gently hold the cold compress to the skin for several minutes (up to 20 minutes, if it doesn’t feel too uncomfortable), remove the compress for several minutes, and then apply it again.

2.) Try the toothbrush or comb method. Many people swear by it, but it’s important to remember that a hickey is a bruise, and they just take time to disappear, so don’t expect a miracle.
* Lightly brush the hickey and the area around it with a stiff-bristled toothbrush or a comb. Doing this breaks up the blood clot and gets circulation going again.

* Wait about 15 minutes. The redness and swelling will spread, but will be less obvious after about 15 minutes.

* Apply a cold compress, as above.

* Repeat if necessary. Depending on the magnitude of your hickey, this method may work or it may just spread the discoloration a bit (pressing too hard can make it worse.)

3.) Conceal the hickey with makeup. The most effective is green-tinted concealer, as it's designed to negate red skin tones. Apply a foundation (one a little lighter than your skin tone) directly on and all around the hickey so it's not obvious you’re concealing something. Try an eyeshadow that’s lighter than your skin tone if sans concealer.

4.) Cover the hickey. Wear a turtleneck, scarf or collared shirt or blouse (dress appropriate for the weather!). Style your hair (if it's long enough) so it hangs over the hickey. Frequently check the positioning of the covering agent, ensuring it still hides the hickey.

5. Use a coin. This method is probably the most painful, but has proven VERY effective. First, stretch the skin flat (pulling away from the hickey on two opposite sides). Then, use the edge of a large coin to scrape the skin. Use the coin like the hickey was butter on toast, and spread outward. The only difference is that you must press quite HARD (as hard as you can, but not so that you break the skin, bleed or hurt). What this does is push the excess blood, which has escaped from the capillaries, out of the surface skin. There will be redness from the scraping, but that will go away much faster than a hickey. Anyhow, a scrape is much less conspicuous than a hickey.

6. Put a spoon in the freezer for a few minutes. Apply pressure and slide the spoon along the hickey. The pressure and coldness help disperse the blood that has formed. You will need to repeat freezing as a warm spoon is useless. You must use a lot of pressure with the spoon but should see results over a few minutes of doing this.

All of that should help you get rid of the hickey and/or hide it from view. And, also, I would like to add that doctors all say that the rumors of hickeys causing heart attacks and/or cancer are false. They are not dangerous at all, but they can be embarrassing for other people to see, or could hurt your partner. So respect their feelings on that matter, but otherwise hickeys are fine.

There are some ways you can prevent hickeys from lasting long or forming at all, in the Long Term Solutions section at the website found in my sources.

I hope all that helps! Have a great day!

Luv ya,
Tashi :)

beebee
Rating
you cant , some last for life (they look like a shadow)

sunnycamp
your screwed

Raskolnikov
put ice on.. visine or other contact solution also reduces redness on it.. good luck!

i'm a ninja
Yeah ice it
or
sometimes if you take a coin and scrape it, you can spread out the blood under the skin and make it dissapear faster. I've never done that but I heard it works

Celia J
Rating
ice it

Theresa M
Well dont do it to start with, put tooth paste on it

ann r
Rating
you need to use cover up.....it will work the best out of any thing else... even though i.dont no any thing else..besides you said he's stupid=]

Gabby D
Rating
idk for sure but someone said if you put like a really cold spoon on it and then take a comb and like comb it out of you =r neck it is supposed to work?

Miss Delanne
Find some Arnica cream at a local health food store or homeopathic remedy. Arnica extract works wonders on bruising of any kind and a hickey is nothing less than a form of bruise caused by suction instead of by pressure.

nr_wh
Rating
put a muzzle on your boyfriend next time

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy