Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

How do i get rid of lazzyness?
i just feel like not doing ...

What helps dry lips?
I use Vaseline but it don't seem to work well....

What would you do if you had chicken pox and was getting married in a few days ????

Why did i wake up with a Bruise on my arm?
I woke up today and i have a bruise on top of my arm...and i don't have anything around me to hit me at night ..my bed is big and i sleep in the middle of it....the bruise doesn't hurt not ...

Why do people have sweaty palms?
i've got sweaty palms. it bothers me sometimes. i really don't know what to do about it. my doctor suggested some surgery to completely stop it but it's very expensive. what's the ...

How to get rid of scars?
I have a fairly deep scar on my forehead, and its really getting to me. The problem is it has been there since i was about 8, and i am now 17. Ive never really been bothered until lately, but i dont ...

Dry lips problem....?
I have a serious dry lips problem. Being out in the sun 24/7 really dries them out. It's gotten to a point where it hurts.

My question is, can you give me some hints on how to soften ...

Is my skin wierd?
Before I was extremely pale, now I'm totally dark..I expose myself to the sun and i get really dark..I don't sunburn...I want my old skin back is there anyway to get my old skin back...the ...

How do I get rid of these tiny blackheads on my nose?

How do you get rid of undereye circles?
I think I have thin skin under my eyes, so the dark circles under my eue come from that vein. is there a way to minimize that vein with creams of something. I get enough sleep, so that not the ...

What's the best cure for stinky feet?

My Mom's face is turning yellow. What is it?
The left side of my mom's face is turning yellow in two spots right next to her eye and a second spot below it. It's nothing you can wash out and i'm sorta worried. Can anyone help? <...

Black heads?
i have some blackheads but i want to know if anyone used something and actually worked and got rid of them!
Additional Details
im ugly uno! u wont be saying that once you've seen me!...

I have a question...please do answer?
so is the spf calculated for hours or minutes?
like i have seen spf 45, 60 and all.....
does that mean that the sunscreen is going to protect your skin only for 45 minutes or 45 hours?...

Prevent skin from getting darker...??
Does sunblock really stop you from getting darker?
My practice has been moved to earlier on in the day so now, its really hot and the sun is out! My skin tans VERY easily!! I want something that ...

Mosquito bites?
My one year old daughter has a ton of mosquito bites on her legs from being in a walker in the hose. Calamine lotion isn't doing the trick.(yes I used bug lotion,guess it didn't work) I ...

I have a REALLY big spot?
it was small yesterday so it must have grown over night! its just the one aand i have no idea where it has come from. its read and it hurts and it looks shiney! ..it seems read to squeeze although i ...

Verrucas...?
How the hell do you get rid of them quickly?...

Does anyone know where I can buy old fashioned COAL TAR OINTMENT in the UK?

Mole on my chest?should i b concerned?
there's a mole on the right side of my chest and i am a little worried about it.this area of my skin has never been exposed to sun.i havn't had it my whole life...it's probably been ...

..:::~BREEZY~:::..
How can I stop my sunburn from peeling but keep my tan?

arkansas_white_boy1
Rating
Lotion will slow the peeling, and you should still be able to keep your tan depending on how deep of a tan it is. The key to keeping the perfect tan without peeling, is getting a slow tan over a week or so. Keep applying lotion to it. The skin peels because it is layers of dead skin that have lost moisture. If you keep applying lotion, the skin won't peel... unless you get a bad sunburn.

Bubble gum for the Brain
Rating
Once you burn and peel the top layer of skin (the epidermis)exfoliates. When your skin is sun burned about 97% of the top layer of skin cells die and peel or flake off.

Once that skin peels off the burn is gone and new skin heals over. You will need to minimize burning to keep the top layer it's brown healthy color.

You could slap yourself down with vitamin E liquid and sleep on a towel with a loose nightie on.........that will help eliminate some but not all peeling........again it depends on the severity of the burn.

Good luck

thedanceliveson
once you peel you should still have a tan

HopelesslyInLoveWithLove
Rating
Use aloe vera gel or lotion. Try to find one that has the highest % of aloe. It may not stop the peeling completely, but it will help.

michael_az_2007
Rating
petroleum jelly rub it in every 3 or 4 hours it works great and you wont lose your tan

J B
Definitely a LOT of water (drink up) and aloe. But, really your skin will peel by nature. We shed dead skin cells all day. Keep your tan by keeping your skin moisturized ( as soon as you get out of the shower)

Raissa W
Rating
as far as i know you can not keep your sunburn from peeling, its just the way the skin reacts, but u will still have a tan after the redness is gone and after the skin is peeled off, i recommend not to put any creams on, especially none that have mineral oil in them, because mineral oil keeps your skin from breathing, which it needs the most now that its burned

greenheadchick
Rating
My kids have found that baby oil works very well. It keeps the skin from drying out. Also a lot of water.

andrea
Drink lots of water and keep your skin hydrated...If it burns than put some milk on, it really helps

strawberrysmurfprincess
Rating
One word Aloe Vera it is a miracle worker for sun burns it makes it hurt less, it moisturizes your skin and your tan will stay.

* SeñørITA *
use lots of lotion to keep it moisturized.

jason0423
Rating
if its a real bad sunburn, you can't. If its mild, 2 or 3 times a day apply a sunburn aloe gel to keep your skin moisturized and don't take any hot showers for a few days, but by all means take a shower, just cold. This will decrease the chance of peeling.

ladysecretz
Rating
I don't think that there's an easy way of answering this question. Some people are genetically predispositioned to either tan or get sunburnt.

My advice would be to use aloe vera and lotion on your sunburn. It won't really prevent you from peeling (it happens to everyone), but your skin will be a bit healthier.

harley
mayonnaise!!! the vinegar stops the burn from getting worse, and the oil in it helps prevent drying and peeling.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, December 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy