Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

What are the causes of dry skin?
how to prevent it??...

PLEASE help me with my mild back acne!?
My mild to moderate back acne is driving me INSANE! I am a 15 year old female. I have nice skin - my face hardly EVER breaks out, only when I'm on my period do I get a few zits on my face. But ...

What the freak is that on my toe?!?
There is a red patch on the inside of one of my toes. It's not itchy, but a little sore. But i have noticed when my feet are in a hot/humid place the red patch spreads onto other toes, then the ...

Oh no i have poison ivy! it's itchy and i need help!?
I'm pretty sure I have poison ivy. I scratched my arm earlier and felt bumps. When I checked it out closer I noticed I have a line of bumps, and another couple of bumps next to eachother. I ...

Gross question about my foot?
I get these clear bumps that itch like crazy and then I open them and they keep filling up for like three days, then dry up. Always on the same foot and they never spread (to other body parts or ...

Mole on back - something to worry about or am I just being paranoid?!?
I have quite a large mole on my back which I've had since birth. I go through phases of worrying about whether it will turn cancerous but usually tell myself I'm just being paranoid because ...

I have developed a painful belly button. Should I get it removed?
OWWWWWW! IT BURNS!!!!...

How can I quickly get rid of eczema? What brings it out and what helps a break up?

I have a rash?
I have had trhis rash for aobut 2 weeks now. It is on my chest. It basicly is just tiny red bumps about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. It itches sometimes and sometims it just ...

Condition of hot, itchy, dry and red skin all over body.?

What colour is healthy we, is it clear or yellow?

HELP!! my 16 year old son has really bad dandruff! I have tried olive oil, mineral oil, all the OTC dandruff?
shampoos and last month went to Sally's beauty supply and bought Tea Tree Oil shampoo by Paul Mitchell. It is better but no where near gone. Any suggestions would be great! I will be taking him ...

How can I get rid of my scalp problems?
I have to wash my hair every day because it gets flaky. I have a few small scabs on the top of my head. I have tried every special shampoo - Pyrithione zinc, salicylic acid, Coal Tar, herbal formulas,...

How to brigthen armpit and inner thight skin? it seems to be darker than my other skin.?
My armpit and inner thight skin seems to be darker than my other skin area. I find it very unpleasant looking.....what is the best way to brigthen the skin? I want no cosmetic surgery......

How can i get rid of acne???
ive tried clearsel,soap face wash,aloe,seems like nothing works.is there any way i can get rid of it naturally???if not whats the best solution???...

Sunbeds,good idea or bad?
Hi my friend says she goes to the sunbeds once a week to clear up her skin because she gets a lot of spots and her skin is now flawless,i am considering trying it as i have a lot of stubborn ...

Spell out the sound a zit makes when you pop it!?

Additional Details
I, personally, always thought the sound was "Kung PAO!"...

Why am i growing hair on my body legs arms?
wot do i do why does growing up/puberty make u uglier i.e blackheads
Additional Details
im a grl ...

I have a rash that it going up on my leg like a vain ...It itches so much and it is red and also seems like a?
snake the way it is ...

Help!!! I have a mole on the top of my head, how do I remove it? 10 points for best answer!!!?
I have a mole on top of my head. it's not a pretty one. right now it's covered by my hair; however, i'm slowly losing it. i want to know if u guys have any advice. i suppose that the ...

Kristina C
How can I get rid of head lice when there are sores all over her head. I've tried all the otc shampoos?
I don't know what else to use. The chemicals just burn her head. The doctor says the sores are from her constant scratching.

Vyki S
I know this will probably sting something horrible, but after trying EVERYTHING for my daughters lice, we finally took a friends advice. I covered my daughters hair, drenched it, in isopropyl alcohol and covered her head with a shower cap for an hour. ALL LICE AND EGGS GONE.

ng_gibson
we used mayonnaise.We put it all over her head wrapped in a bag and leave on the head for at least an hour and then do it again the next day .it would work just like the oil treatment i"m sure.You can do it again in three days they should be gone.the medicine for lice is very bad for you this will not hurt you

AKO
It isn't a good idea to use any of those shampoos on a scalp with open sores. This could precipitate other side effects and allergic reactions.

If your doctor can't offer any advice other than that the sores are from scratching, hopefully you can find a different doctor. He should be able to give you a prescription for treatment shampoo. In the mean-time, this site may be very helpful for you.

https://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/dc/caz/skin/pedi/alert02252000.jsp

Also consider that your child may be getting re-infested from surrounding objects or other children. Hats, brushes, pillows, bedding, etc can all be ways lice are transferred. Lysol in the brown bottle (not the spray kind, but the liquid you add to laundry) should get rid of them.

Unfortunately, the absolute best way to get rid of lice without chemically irritating shampoo is simply to shave the area affected.

ranaway628
Rating
ask the doctor for a perscription for a stronger shampoo and tell her to stop scratching.

gawillow
Rating
My 8 yr old niece always pics up head lice. She also has very long hair. I used prell shampoo on her head and it worked. I haven't seen any on her now in a year.

Put your daughter in the bathtub, rub the prell shampoo on her head (dry hair, don't get it wet) let it sit for 10 minutes. Then wash her head. It will make her head burn because she's got sores, but it's safer than the OTC chemicals.

Also, you have to get the nits off her head with a nit remover comb. (RID has a a good one.)

Sara B
Rating
Mayonaise! I'm not kidding. Use a lot, make sure all her head and scalp are soaked in it. Wrap it with a towel, have her sit with it on her head for as long as you can but at least an hour. Have her take a shower. Use gentle soap to get the mayo out.

Repeat it every day for 3 days.

My friend did this with her kids. It worked.

InkyCherry
Rating
when i was a kid i had lice for ages and my mum got my head shaved eventually.. it took ages to grow back but my lice were gone... then a few years later i got them again thsi time i had them for two years... this really works, its painful but it works: vinegar... put vinegar in her hair and cover it in glad wrap or a shower cap... leave it for 30 mins to an hour.. then rinse it out and every night for a week comb her hair with a fine tooth comb... should do the trick it worked for me after two years of nothing.

Debi
Rating
Tried everything with my kids, smothering them in tea tree and almond oil with a swim cap over it for 24 hours may seem extreme but it's the kind of thing that does work. Combing with conditioner works but you have to do it so much that it can get sore and as you say she has sores anyway I wouldn't recommend it. Tea tree is an antibacterial and antifungal oil so it should help with the sores too. OTC antihistamines could work to stop her itching too much.
Seriously it is a pain in the butt - my daughter even tried frontline on hers but that didn't work

green eyed girl
Rating
Don't use the chemical shampoos. Pick out the nits by hand to end the cycle. It will take a long time (I spent 6 hours straight picking them out of my daughter's hair!) but it will be worth it when they are gone! Apparently conditioner and a nit comb work fairly well also, to aid the nit picking!

Make sure you check her hair every day afterwards until you don't find any more nits. Also, make sure you vacuum thoroughly and wash her clothing and bedding in hot water.

I have put my daughters hair up in ponytails with a little hairspray everyday for school since she had them and so far we've not had to deal with them again.

They are a big pain in the butt aren't they!?!

MrChili
Rating
Wash her hair well with an herbal shampoo, then rinse well with vinegar. Works like a charm.

bayareart1
Rating
vaseline ,keep it on for for 24hrs

Kristine H
Go to your doctor and ask for a pill called Ivermectin. It is used for lice and scabies that are resistant to commercial products.

Mary
Rating
shave it all off for now. that will get rid of lice and their eggs, and she'll stop scratching in the mean time. hair grows back really fast after shaving, so she won't need a wig for more than 1-2 weeks

bb jo
Rating
Tea tree oil will heal the sores AND gets rid of lice, too. You can find it at WalMart or health food stores. It has a very strong odor, but it's a natural way to take care of both. You can also add about 20 drops to 2 ounces of shampoo for her to use for the next 2-3 weeks to prevent re-infestation. Just make sure you comb carefully with the little comb for lice, and wash in HOT water all blankets, clothes, linens, towels, etc. Good luck.

tmdagain
when my daughter had a case and i had difficulty getting rid of them for good, i poored vegetable oil all over her hair and rubbed in good and then put a shower cap (or plastic bag) over her head tightly and let stay for a couple of hours. i was told that would suffocate them, it seemed to work.

Ahava
Ouch! Poor you and your poor daughter!!! Try coating her scalp with olive oil to soothe the sores and coat her scalp with a protective layer. The thik oil can also smother the lice to death!

Here is a recipe for our favorite Homemade Head Lice Shampoo

Single Application

2 tablespoons Tea Tree Oil

6 ounces Dawn Dish Liquid(Dawn ONLY)

2 ounces white vinegar

Mix the ingredients in a large squeeze bottle, such as an empty dish soap bottle. Use as regular shampoo, leave in hair for 5 minutes before rinsing. Use hair conditioner to de-tangle hair before combing with a lice-comb.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy