Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

What's the fastest way to get rid of a cold sore?
I have one in the center of my lips that is full blown. (WAY past the tingling stage) No needles please!...

My cold sore is scabbing up and it hurts and looks awful. What can I put on it?
Stupid cold sores. I never got them until about 2 years ago. Now I get 2 or more a year. Anyway, I am getting over a real bad one. Now it's at the stage where the scab falls off in the ...

Freakles?????
i HATE my freakles and want to get rid of them alot og ppl like them but i dont so how can i get rid of them?...

Smelly hair/scalp need help?
I have "smelly scalp" I've tried washing my hair a lot with shampoos which didn't help. I have medium/long thick curly hair. The only product that has semi worked for me so far is ...

How do i get rid of zits with stuff i haev at home?

Additional Details
i have toothpaste, peroxide, alcohol, salt, and more stuff. ...

MY lower BELLY BUTTON is infected how to cure???
its been like this forever and it hurts today so help
Additional Details
it slike this caus ei got it pierced like 6 months ago Sorry i frogot to say ...

PLEASE PLEASE HELP PLLLEAAASEE !!!!! SOOO FATAL, lol =(?
okay so i ONLY wear foundation/coverup because my cheeks always get sooo red ! i dont want to wear foundation/coverup but my red cheeks are soo ugly. IS there ANY way I can MAKE my CHEEKS not GO red A...

I think i messed up big time....need a little advice here!?
I was at a friend's house when his mother caught me popping zits on my face and wiping the puss and blood on her sofa. She refuses to let me come back to visit my new friend from school because ...

How do you get rid of black heads?
i want to know how to get rid of them on my nose?...

Can u get rid off cellulite fully?

Best way to get rid of zits? besides poping them?
what is the best stuff to get rid of zits, and black heads?...

ACNE!! PLEASE HELP!! I have Acne on my face and wanted to know WHAT PRODUCT helped clear it up?????????
Please, i recommend people who had expierence or any type of determonologist...this is important, everyday i try to wash my face and it doesnt seem to be clearing up..imk just getiing a lot of ance ...

I have a 11 month old baby with very severe excema. I have tried lots of creams nothing works for her.?
She has excema so severe that she has scratched so much that she has made her feet infected. She wakes up in the middle of the night crying because she itches so bad. I don't know what to do. A...

I have this HUGE zit Can you help with some home Remedies?
I seriously need help with some home remedies. 30 year old women aren't supposed to get zits Right? I would like help with some home remedies. Some tried & true preferably home remedies ...

Is it a cold sore or just a hair bump?
heh no one really answered my question so heres a picture of it I never had a cold sore sooooo I have no idea what they look like or feel like its hard to take a picture of because its so ...

How do you know a moles cancerous?
as just found it to day under my ...

Can love fade away?

How do you deal with cracked heels? The hard skin on my feet is worse than ever. At 50 years old, it is causin

My hands have become very dry and skin is peeling off them. They are also very itchy any ideas please.?
I have recentley had treatment of antibiotic losengers for thrush in the mouth, could this have caused this reaction....

What helps sooth itching when you have the chicken pox?
im doing a report 4 school & i need to know this!!
Additional Details
does oatmeal or something like that work?...

YoungWiseMex
Help me with my sunburn!!?
I just got home from a short vacation in san diego, where i acquired the worst sunburn of my life!! my forehead felt like it was on fire the next day and the day after that the skin looked like the top of soup when you haven't stirred it!!! lol!! now today the stinging has stopped, and i have just applied some aloe vera. My forehead looks like a roadmap though!! It is basically all tan with a bunch of paler lines! so i'm just wondering what to do, should i try to peel it all off, or just keep soaking my forehead with aloe vera????? Thanks for the help!!

bracy.jacki
fill your bathtub with milk and soak in it it really does work hope i helped please pick me as best answer

morgss
eww so gross i had that last year in florida only it was under my eyes my mom mad me put olay sencitive skin on it. it stung at first but it made it a lot better later on if that. if that doesn't work then keep trying the aloe but natural aloe frome the plant works the best. hope it helps!

love ya

Haley
I know that you've probably heard the aloe vera thing A LOT...believe me...but it really does help if you keep reapplying it. If you store it in the fridge, it can give you more of a relief when you first put it on.

Ice packs (in small amounts of time) and cold cloths or compresses will also help to minimize the length of time that you have redness and should help with the swelling.

Take lukewarm (room temperature) BATHS. Taking showers with too high of a water pressure could increase your pain. Taking a too-cold bath won't help, and will make you freezing. And a too-hot bath runs the risk of burning you even more, or irritating the burn that you already have.

Make sure that you drink PLENTY of water, in order to keep your body hydrated so you don't develop a fever. If you do develop a fever, take an acetaminophen or an ibuprofen to help get rid of the fever and to minimize inflammation and swelling.

If your sunburn is really bad and seems to be very painful, you may want to go see your doctor and get a prescriptive treatment.

ASHLEY H
keep applying the aloe vera & keep it moisturized. the worst thing u can do is peel the skin off. it will leave an even uglier appearance than the sunburn itself. one type of lotion that helps to heel the peeling skin would be vitamin E intense healing formula.... its found at Wal-mart...

Eg
Rating
At any pharmacy or wal mart they have this cream i really dont havee a name but it s where the sunscreen is and it say sun burn relief and it will take off fast ive done it i suggest you get it.

almostdoc
Rating
you should take some ibuprofen (advil, motrin). take 600 mg every 6-8 hours. this will reduce the inflammation and help it heal faster.

Holly
Rating
Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin. Use a soft towel and pat your skin dry.

Use a sunburn remedy containing aloe vera.

Use a light moisturizer or a dusting of powder to ease chafing.

Stay out of the sun. If the sunburn is severe or you are blistering, feel faint or nauseous, see a doctor immediately.

Haley
Rating
DO NOT PEEL IT!! I made that mistake a while back! Just keep putting aloe vera on it.

Kemi-chan
Rating
Don't peel it all off because that could cause scarring. Keep applying aloe vera two or three times a day and soon enough all the burn will peel off and your skin will all be the same color again :) Just be patient.
I hope I helped :) <33

-Kemika

DM
Rating
Don't peel it.
Keep putting on aloe vera.
Exfoliate and moisturize before bed.

I have had many bad sunburns and that's what I do.

munchkin ♥
Rating
peeling it off is the WORST idea...aloe vera is the best medicine for a sunburn..and i always refrigerate it...the coolness of it on my skin is amazing..and remember, ALWAYS ALWAYS wear SPF..it'll prevent this from ever happening again

mypupsmokey
Rating
put spf 75 on ur face next time to prevent this problem

SElena Gomez Rox My Sox
Rating
DONT PEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
It can be very bad for you. Just use aloe vera.

Batman
Rating
i thought humans could'nt shed? LOL
KEEP OUT OF SUN!!

Minnie
I'm not sure if this will work but try its better than nothing
Put some mustard oil on leave it on for an hour. It might work.

xoamanda08xo
AHH dont peel it off that can make it scar and stuff and its kinda sick. lol but umm keep packin on the aloe vera it will help trust me i am pale so im always gettin sun burned! You should put it on like twice a day and make sure ur still washing ur face too so u dont break out and so u get the dry skin off :/. Good Luck

iloveseattle
eeeek! im glad im black.. lol.

stursy
keep it moisturized and gently exfoliate the dead skin in the shower. GENTLY! don't try to scrub the lines off forcefully, you'll just damage your skin even more. and next time, use sunscreen.

ohhwhenducksfly
dont peel. the skin isnt ready or it would do it on its own.
aloe vera is the best, although im personally allergic to 99% of it. =/

sweetprincess43@ymail.com
put loads of cream...dont klet it get too dry

Lemon Squeezie :)
uugggh!!!!! i feel for you.

my WHOLE BACK was peeling up once. it itched really bad. it was terrible. Your sunburn must itch, so leave it alone. That way the dead skin will fall off easier(naturally!). It will just be red for a few days but there is nothing you can do about that.

remember, next time, wear spf! lol lesson learned.

CrushSteffy
Rating
Whatever you do, don't peel it off- it will make it worse because the new layer of skin under the burnt one isn't ready yet... it's still too fresh. Just keep putting on the aloe vera and put a cool cloth on your forehead to soothe. Hope you get better soon!

behindtheplate12101
Whatever you do dont peel it! that is the worst thing you can do, it could leave scares if you peel to much. the best thing to do is keep applying aloe vera but heres a trick my mom tought me, keep it cool like in the fridge and the coolness will feel amazin on your burn...oh and next time remember to use a high spf on your face

Cassie
I just got sunburn to
and its the worst i have gotten so far.

Well my advice is just go with the aloe vera
and that will heal it faster,

ice on sunburn helps me(:

鬼は注目する
exfoliate and moisturize

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy