Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

Dirt in Fingernails...how do i prevent this?
I will be typing or doing something that doesnt involve dirt and i will look down and will see dirt there...how do i prevent it?...

Whats the point of washing hands?
why dnt someone get a better way to let u wash ur hands than using a tap? if u go to the toilet obviously u go wash ur hands afterwards u open the tap and close it ur hands are clean but not after u ...

Itchy Skin rash?
Itchy rash on back and arms that start where shirt sleeves are. It itches 24/7 is there some soaps that i can try like bar soap, shampoo, and laundry soap? Im thinking its a allergic reaction to some ...

Do you think a dermatologist can cure my acne?
I have tried all the supermarket products and the seem to work for a small amount of time but then the acne just starts coming back, maybe my skin become immune to it, same story with Proactiv it ...

How do you get rid of NITS?
My daughter keeps coming back from school with nits, i have tried everything from perscription to over the counter remadies but they dont work any one got any home remadies i can try? im desperate....

Whats a good medicine to get rid of Acne?

I need an acne clearer that doesn't burn sensitive skin?

Additional Details
proactive has left scares on my friends' ...

Is it strange to get bumps on your Vajaja?

Please please please help me?!?!?
ok i got a sunburn on monday, and its really bad. now i notice some sort of dots that are my skin color, and when i rub them or touch them they like pop and maybe water or puss comes out. wut is ...

What makes acne scars go away?
I broke out really bad a few months ago. I went to he dermatologist and he gave me this cream and pills to take. Now my acne is clearing up BUT i still have the scars from some of the acne.
What ...

Does anyone know how to remove scars from the arm?
I fell off my bike when i was little and i have a scar on the lower part of my arm...it looks awful and is very noticable. A member of my family is getting married soon and i am a bridesmaid..i have ...

My child has acne?
I took her to the dermotologist and they prescribed her menocycline(oral pill), tazarac, and another topical medication that is like a film on the face and then she washes it off after a couple of ...

Help! homecoming in 2 days. good way to lose acne quick !!!!?
please anybody give me any remedies. or w/e
or anything good to use. that will make my acne a lil less obvious
for home ...

Maggots for medicinal purposes?
I have been told during the civil war, maggots were used to
eat away infected and ghangreened flesh. While not eating healthy tissue.

Is this true, and if so could it be used on ...

Is it normal?
is it normal to have the spots where my leg hairs grow out of after i shave to be very visible? I see other girls legs and they dont have these little holes/dots whatever. I feel like I have old ...

Acne ok so im going out on a date tomorrow night and i was just wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of a?
zit by the next morning? please no cucumber and honey or those fruity vegetable ...

Can anyone help me with my itching?
its not scabies. I itch all over my body, literelly all over. i have exma mildly on my hands & elbows. My GP gave me Diprobase & Eumovare creams. the exma is going & I'm still itchy. ...

My ear piercing is bleeding and crusty. what should i do?

What can relieve the itch from a mosquito bite?

Do women like hairs in chest, legs, arms!! ?
;) Do U?...

Wireless
Does everyone get cold sores, and is it really that bad?
I mean is it really that bad to get them, I just got one two days ago and its still pretty bad, also I feel a bit embarressed to go to school or work, should I be or not

Ol' Sasquatch
Rating
Never had one in my some 700+ years.

♥LiZz♥
every one gets cold sores so dont be embarrassed. try abreva to heal it fast. and another solution my fiancee use to get them alot and ur not suppose to kiss some one with a cold sore cause of infection i made him put chap stick on every day at least twice or when they feel chapped it helps to keep them away.

( :
cold sores is just like herpes exept on your mouth ( =

Corporate Mom
Rating
they are pretty common, and painful as well. My son used to get them real bad on his face, not on his lips but on his face when he was little, but he doesn't anymore. My husband has never had one in his life, and my nephew gets them all the time. No need to be embarrassed about it. Get abreva, it's expensive but it works. Edit-I just remembered what an old country doctor told me one time, he said it was a virus, but could be prevented by getting enough of some vitamin, I forget exactly which one, but he said eat lots of raisins.

MissMolly
Rating
i do not get cold sores

It's a virus you should just get some abreva or something to lessen it. You can get the virus from sharing someones lip gloss/chap stick , or even sharing a drink with someone else who gets them even if they don't have them.

Not to freak you out, but they could also be Oral Herpes and if you are worried about it go to the doctors and get something.

Granturizmo
not at all, use some healing skin cream and it will go away

oh yeah!
it is embarrassing, but most people get them. cold sores are actually a viral infection......
http://www.drugstore.com/qxa1061_333181_sespider-are_there_any_over_the_counter_treatments_for_cold_sores.htm

and

http://www.dentist.net/cold-sores.asp

these are some sites that will give you an idea of what to use!

paolita | de la duh
they are common especially after you get sick during or even before, they usually go away if you leave them alone for about 2 weeks or so if you add some type of cream they go away quicker and dry up as well.

a15ha
Rating
Ive never had 1 thank god but my sisters and cousins are always getting them!

homgpoopwtf
Cold sores can be a sign of herpes and not everyone gets it

If you haven't kissed anyone with it or anyone who is sick then it is okay there is not problem :D

ShelbyEmma
Rating
Some people get really immature about it saying "ew they have herpies!" but its really not that bad. then they get them and get really embarrassed. haha
A good way to get rid of one is to spray perfume on your finger and dab it on as long as it takes. The perfume dries it out.I use that at the first sign and i never get them.

Viv
Rating
Cold sores are actually a form of herpes. They're contagious, so don't kiss anyone while you've got it. Something like 90% of people get them, so don't feel bad. Get Abreva if you're self-conscious.

Erin
NO you should not. The coldsores you get on your face are NOT the STD. It is a different strain, called Herpes Simplex. I really hate when people tell you you have an STD. It's not true.

Did you know that like.. more than half of the population actually has this virus? It does depends on how strong of an immune system you have. People with weaker systems (like myself) get them at times of stress, like during times of depression, pressure from work or relationship issues.. or even sun exposure.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad because you have one. Yes, they are embarrassing, but it is your body telling you that you need to relax or get out of the sun. The people who make fun of you, chances are, carry the virus, too.

emblebeegirl
Some people get them, some people don't. I just so happen to have one at the moment and it is bugging the crap outta me.. It is kind of embarassing but most people understand what it is and that most of the time you can't help it. Use abreva, eat yougurt, take some Lysine... It should help make it go away and the last two will prevent them if you use them regularly.

hockey mom
I get them and they are embarrassing at first and then you know what, people get them all the time. If someone starts to say something to you tell them that it is a fever blister.

dude
Rating
probably about half the population gets them. it's Herpes simplex 1. don't worry about it, but DON'T kiss anyone, even a family member while you're having an outbreak.

my aunt gets them and i always see her kissing her kids, drives me crazy

Soul
I've never gotten one so I am pretty lucky but I would say they are that bad because my mom gets them.All she does is b*tch :)

killfoot2001
It's a virus, so no not everybody gets them... Myself among them.

They look pretty bad but I dunno, you'd know better than I would how bad it is.

EDIT: they look bad PAINWISE that is.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy