Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

I have a spot on my nose its red and stands out. any ideas how to get rid of it fast?
I have had a spot on my nose since thursday and it stands out bad. its been going down slightly last few days. any ideas how to get rid of it quickly? or make it less noticable?...

How to get rid of blackheads on the nose?

What's good for hickeys?
I hate hickeys and some female gave me three, how can I get rid of them ASAP?...

Why does the nose bleed for some people?

What is the best treatment for old stretch marks?

Is there any permanent solution for acne.
Okay, i've had acne from last 5 years, i have taken so many medicine for this but when i leave the medicine acne again come on my face
i cant seem to get rid of it.i have tried every ...

I have bad red acne on my chin and forehead. I don't want to spend anymore money on products.
I have bought Clearasil. Changes happened for first couple of weeks but not very dramatic. I have been on it now for 3 months now and no change. I drink 12 cups of water each day and take many ...

Ways to get rid of spots and blackheads fast?
whats the easiest and quickest way to get rid of blackheads and spots ?...

Any models with huge scars?
This kills me I want to be a male model either for fitness or clothing but one of my legs is entirely covered with scars past the knee. I hate this so much. Can I still be a model?...

Help please?
I have this rash that keeps coming up right underneath my belly button but usually it only comes up when i have my belt on and it itches alot and i dont know what it is help please?
Additional D...

Mole removal...will it hurt?
I'm getting a mole cut out in my Dr.'s office. Will this hurt a lot? Do they give me a shot of anesthetic?...

How can i get rid of my yellow finger??
hello, i have quit smoking but i still have yellow marks on my fingers, i have just started a cracking job and they are getting me down, how can i get rid off them quickest???...

Does soap pass on infection?
when using bars of soap to wash hands, does the bar harbour infection the same way as a dirty towel ...

Why is my finger hanging by a little piece of skin?
all i did was hit it with a ...

How to reduce the oil on ur face in a short period of time?
i have a very oil face. I used the oil blotting sheets but after 10 minutes, i started to see the oil again coming out on my nose and my forehead. Any idea of how to reduce the oil of my skin to the ...

I have acne & ppl make fun of me for it.what r some ways of taking care of my face?
its not that i dont wash my face.i do 2 times a day.its just that i wear makeup and acne is genetic so both of my parents have it,...

Is this is a bug/spider bite?
http://img378.imageshack
I know its hard to see but where I'm pointing there is a 3.5 inch wide oval shape and about 1.5 inches long. its red swollen ...

How do i get rid of warts without having to buy anything?

COLD NECK WHICH IS IT gunna be?
which would cool you down the quickest a cold flannel on the forhead or on the back of your neck when your at boiling point with ilness (flu etc) any nurses docs out ...

Why is blood red ?

barefootinquisitor
Do you have thick calluses on the bottom of your feet?

Sheriam
Rating
Yes, I've been barefoot for over ten years and I have a thick layer of skin. But it's a good thing; it's tough and leathery, not rough or cracked at all.

Dave Browning
5 years of Taekwondo on concrete? yeah, still hard as leather.

♥doctor jayni♥
Rating
yes, i have them on my sole too!

Noreen
Rating
Yeah, it's just your skin toughening in reaction to your environment. If you walk around barefoot a lot, or on concrete or hot ground, that will give you calluses. Your shoes can cause it as well if they're uncomfortable. If you want to get rid of them, cover your feet in vaseline, put on cotton socks, and put ziploc bags over them before you go to sleep. That traps heat and moisture in. If that doesn't work, try a pumice stone.

bobsfeetstink
Rating
YES, and it's because I have been completely Barefoot for almost 27 years now since the age of 16. It is not a problem for me as these thick, tough Calluses are an incredible protective layer at the bottoms of my Bare Feet that allow me to step on sharp gravel, and even pieces of glass without penetrating my Calluses. I am a musician and I find no need for any footwear. I'm proud of the tough Calluses I've developed as a result of going Barefoot extensively

Pauly
Rating
Nope

kelly e
I do I get a pedicure too - and I use a sea salt scrub and pumice stone in the shower to help soothe and an herbal foot cream -

Vaseline = petroleum and not a good product for you or your skin it hardens your skin instead of soothing it - (google petroleum) so be sure your creams do not contain mineral oil or baby oil (Distilled petroleum)

You can find foot creams at the drug store or bed bath and beyond after soaking them and using the pumice and salt scrub (use kosher salt lemon juice and olive oil)
in the shower - dry off apply foot cream -

Lydia
Rating
Yes, I go barefoot most of the time.

77loyal
Rating
You can remove them by friction.
click-
Corns & Calluses
http://www.doctorgoodskin.com/ds/cornscalluses/

purplelife4ever
Rating
I used to until I bought a $3 Swedish foot file found in most any drug store. Works great to remove the dead, hardened skin. Just be sure to use it when skin is dry...like before your shower. Pedicures would be a great follow-up but the pumice doesn't do the trick to remove enough of it. Foot file first. You can wash it in warm soapy water, rinse, dry and use it again and again. Also, make moisturizing your feet part of your daily skin care. Good luck!

jeva75
I used to have this really bad. I work in an area where I am on my feet for extended periods of time. I tried all of those expensive creams to get rid of dry cracked feet and calluses but didn't work. What did work was after showering put vaseline all over my feet and sleeping with white socks. It isn't the best feeling in the world but you get used to it and yes it does work. Good luck and give it a try.

Zsa*Zsa* Galore
Rating
Yes, especially in the summer, when I am barefoot or wearing sandals all the time! A good friend of mine, who works at a spa told me to put a thick paste of Vick's Vapor Rub on them at night at bedtime & then cover with socks or footies. You won't believe how well this works!!!!!!! It helps the worst of the worst!! The only other thing I do is, put a foot file, like Dr. Scholls or whatever your local drugstore carries, in the shower & use it right after you shower everytime. You will be suprised on what a difference both make! Good luck!

chloe_mag
I do! It's summer and I walk around in sandals a lot! Plus I lived in the desert for years! They protect your feet. I guess if you want to get rid of them you could get pedicures! They rub them off with pumice stones. OR I used to do gymnastics and when I would get calluses on my hands I would cut them off with a razor...I don't recommend that though!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy