Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Skin Conditions
Health Discussion Forum

How to treat lice on eye lashes on a one year old .?

Pale white disease?
What's that disease called where you get a white spot anywhere on your body and it soon spreads all over your whole body and you turn pure pale white?...

How do i get rid of dark eye circles? Thanks.?

How do you get rid of dry skin?
I have dry skin on my forehead and I need to know how to get rid of It. I've tried lotions before, but It works for a little while then comes back afterwards.

Could It have something ...

Why are flea/mosquito bites really itchy?
I just got bitten and i can't stop itching :P...

How does one PREVENT strech marks?
My butt has been getting bigger lately and im getting all these strech marks around the start of my butt and on the upper upper thighs.
Is there a vitamin or food I can eat that has been proven ...

Weird feeling?
Ok so everytime i wake up after ive either taken a nap or inthe morning when i wake up my feet and hands feel stiff and sorta itchy, i think the problem is that i dont move around when i sleep so it ...

Eew what the hell are hemroids and how the hell do you get em?
my lil cousin has em? and it looks ...

My weight is 67kg. how can I reduce it with in a month?

Daughter, 6.5 yrs old, has super itchy skin. She scratches till she bleeds. Have tried anit-itch and lotion.?

How do you get rid of a hickey quick?

WHATSZ THE DiFFERENCE BETWEEN A SCAR && A SCAB?!?
0K i P0PED A BUMP AND N0W ITSZ LIKE DEAD SKIN AR0UND A H0LE IN MY FACE! IM N0T SURE IF ITSZ A SCAB 0R SCAR! HELP PLSZ!...

Does anybody know of a good treatment for midge bites?
Any ideas would be great, I have over 100 on my body right now, so there is plenty of room to test different ideas! Seriously though, they are are driving me insane, so some way of reducing the itch ...

I have spots on my tounge and they hurt how do i get rid of them?

If you had a skin problem,would you still show off your legs?
Would you still wear a short skirt if you had varicose veins and stretch marks at the back of your legs?...

How can you get rid of excema i have it all over and its embarrising PLEASE help!?

What is the best cure for athletes foot?

Why does my finger stink after I stick it in my belly-button and dig around for lint?

Can you catch anything from wearing other peoples shoes?
can my son catch either athletes foot or verrucas from other peoples shoes or the floor whilst wearing his ...

What can I do to get rid of psoraisis?
I am a 43 year old male who has developed psoraisis over the last six months. The creams I have got from my doctor have not helped. Any ideas?...

sashlee1995
Can black people get sunburn????
i was wondering cuz ima fixin to hit it big dis summer and wondering if i need sun screen????

mel
yes

girlchild94
Rating
yeah. i had a friend and i didnt think that black people could sunburn and i asked her one time and she said that they can it just doesnt show up as well as it does on white ppl.

R T
Rating
it sounds like you are black, if so this is a mute question. of course the skin can burn, sun block is an every color necessity anymore.

Niklaus Pfirsig
Yes they can, the sun has no racial preferences.

lisa_t197
A really good question. But would use a little anyway. Very fair skin people with freckles are said to burn more and to be careful and use full sun factor. Interesting to know if the darker the skin the more natural protection it has but wouldn't risk it. You may be beautiful in the sun now but years down the line is skin cancer going to be the look. Sorry to be so blunt but cancer kills.x

georgia_peach
It seems like PostMan knows his facts and has a good answer. I don't know the facts but what I do know is that I grew
up in Arizona and never got sunburn. I am sure because I alwasy wore sunscreen. I live in Maryland now where my three sons are growing up and my family (husband and three son's) always wears sunscreen and we have never had sunburn. Like I said I don't know the facts but I do have experience.

PostMan
Sashlee maybe this will answer your question:

How much sun exposure is needed to get skin cancer?

It's hard to say. It depends on three things:
- your skin type
- how much exposure you've had to the sun, and
- the age at which the exposure to the sun happened.

Your skin type determines how susceptible you are to burning.

- White-skinned people who do not tend to tan are at most risk.
- White-skinned people who tan easily are at less risk.
- Brown-skinned people are at less risk.
- Black-skinned people don't tend to get skin cancer, but they can get sunburnt if the ultraviolet level is 7 or 8 here in the UK.

for more information click the link below:

Mary Catherine
YES. sun is attracted to darker colors.

Socalmomma
According to Dr. Oz, you know the Doctor who is always on Oprah, black people have natural SPF but still need to take the necessary precautions to avoid risk of skin cancer. You can still get sun burnt and cause sun damage to your skin with a darker complextion.

Lead researcher Dr Hugh Gloster said:

"There's a perception that people with darker skin don't have to worry about skin cancer, but that's not true.

"Unfortunately, that translates into higher mortality rates."

He said it was true that the extra pigment in darker skin did afford some added protection against the sun's harmful UV rays and that darker skin is, therefore, less susceptible to sunburn. But he said this should not lull people with darker skin into a false sense of security. Dark skin has increased epidermal melanin which provides a natural skin protection factor (SPF) - a measure of how long skin covered with sunscreen takes to burn compared with uncovered skin.

Very dark, black skin has a natural SPF of about 13 and filters twice as much UV radiation as white skin, for example.

Hope that helps

Tanni
yes of coarse

skeeter195848
Yes

loiswillick
Rating
Yes they can get sunburned. I had a friend who went to the beach on occasion, and she showed me where she had actually gotten a sunburn, believe it or not. I was surprised, but it does happen. Sun screen is always a good idea.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy